Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Quotes -- Big difference

Options
  • 18-07-2005 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

All,
    That time of the year again so for the benefit of others and to name and shame i am listing my details and the quotes from different companies. You may or may not be suprised to see that the difference between best and worse is 300% !!!!

Details:
    Male, 25, 5 years lisence, 3 years No claims, Living in Dub 7, driving dub county. Garaged car with alarm/immob. Renault Laguna 00 reg 1.6 16V

Quotes: (all fully comp)
    FBD 900 --- For 981 they will give bonus protection (usually 5 years needed for this)
    Quinn-Direct 1008.07
    Axa Male IOD 1049.07
    Britton Insurance 1125.4
    Bestquote.ie 1201.92
    Quoteline.ie 1241.92
    Allianz Direct 1426.75
    RSA Select 1453.93
    E/Star-Motorstar 1514.07
    RSA – Car 1567.16
    Allianz 1660.55
    Hibernian Direct 1661.94
    AA Insurance 1733
    Eagle Star 1789.36
    Hibernian Broker 1794.67
    Asgard 2363.29
    AXA Male IOD 2484.95

Interesting ehhh.. Rip off Ireland is alive and well....

Gibo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gibo_ie wrote:
    Axa Male IOD 1049.07
    AXA Male IOD 2484.95

Whats with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

gibo_ie wrote:
    Interesting ehhh.. Rip off Ireland is alive and well....

Its actually a good sign that theres a large amount of competition in the insurance sector. If they were HMV or Virgin they would all be the same price, thats rip off Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that just shows that irish companies do rip us off.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

who are you currently with, how much are you paying atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Yea insurance is crazy.

I'm only a named driver, 20 and had my license 8months. I got insurance the day I passed my test. €1,800 for the year with Axa.

I've been ringing around lately
    Just the one's I can remember off hand.

Axa €1,500
    AA €1,200
    But I love Hibernian €805.

Thats for only myself as a named driver on a 1.4.

A nice grand drop in a year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Eagle star are the cheapest i have seen for older drivers.

My fathers insurance is around €400-500 on a 2005 Toyota Corrolla..

And quinn are the cheapest for me

€2450 on a 1996 Opel Corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Stekelly wrote:
    Whats with that?

One from a Broker and the other from AXA direct.

bazH: Currently with Quinn Direct paying around 1300... I changed to this car a few months ago and they class it as a sports car and wont insure under 25s in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Try First Ireland Brokers in Phibsboro in Dublin. They will shop around to get the cheapest quote for you. They ask you what price range you can afford.#

I told them 1500e, they came back with 1700e from Wright Way Undertakening in Waterford. I took it because it would have costed me 2500e to renew my policy with AXA.

kluivert wrote:
    Try First Ireland Brokers in Phibsboro in Dublin. They will shop around to get the cheapest quote for you. They ask you what price range you can afford.#

I told them 1500e, they came back with 1700e from Wright Way Undertakening in Waterford. I took it because it would have costed me 2500e to renew my policy with AXA.

Still awaiting a reply from these guys actually. I have some more brokers who have not replied and i will put up the details as soon as i get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi Folks,

Just from rather immediate personal experience, not all full comp policies are they same. Some companies will reduce your NCB to 0 for a fire/theft claim others won't. Not sure about the companies listed above, but there are some details on the Financial Regulators site:
    http://www.ifsra.ie/data/cr_costsur_files/Motor%20insurance%20cost%20survey%20-%20issue%205.pdf

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

my no claims bonus had expired when i went looking for insurance again. i also only have a provisional license. but i found that quinn direct came up trumps with the quotes online... they were 60% cheaper than any other company i checked. i recommend anyone looking for insurance get an online quote from them, particularly if your a young driver with a provisional license.

True they are cheaper, but as Paddy has just lined to; they do not offer quite as much benefits as others do, in fact they offer the least (im peeved as i am with them currently) but things like a new windscreen not affecting your no claims with everyone except quinn....

Great for starting your experience with but hopefully will not need to claim against them for anything..

Advertisement