Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BTCC in Mondello this weekend!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Agree about the need to move around to different vantage points - the BTCC cars in particular take it pretty easy around the hairpin.

On a side note, did anybody else find the race commentators a tad irritating?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

fletch wrote:
    Was watching from the first corner....bored me to tears tbh, Monaro was summit else also.....anyone know, do Mondello own those safety cars or the BTCC association?
    Nope they were all brought over by the BTCC, they took the fake plates off after the racing was finished.
    First corner definitely not a good place to watch for a long period of time, gets very boring indeed, as aidan_dunne described there you need to do a good ramble around the track.
    Then I'll leave the paddock (usually after the pitlane walkabout if there is one) and head out to the back of the circuit and watch at Tarzan 1 and 2 (or 7a and 7b as they usually tend to rename the corners when the BTCC is in town). I think that's usually the best place to watch the racing at, to be honest. The cars come down the long straight and the fastest part of the track, through the kink at Daly's Drift, then have to break hard for the double apex Tarzan 1 and 2 corners before powering out and on up to the Birrane's Bends chicane. Usually you get to see a fair bit of overtaking into Tarzan due to the heavy breaking into the corner. Great spot for pictures, too, as you're really close to the track there. Then, just turn around and you can see the cars coming back through Paddock, rising the crest and turning into Dunlop. Best spot on the (International) track to watch by far, though it does tend to get very breezy and you'll get very wet out there if it starts raining. I often got some right soakings standing out there, unfortunately, but that's the price I'm more than willing to pay to see some good action and to get some great pics.
    Thats where I watched a lot of the racing from too... has to be the best place to watch it from.. you get to see so much of the racing from there... absolutely fantastic stuff on Sunday evening - last BTCC race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

ah, yis should have been in Kirkistown watching 9 formula vees fighting for the lead, yes the lead, for 10 laps. I was in 7th at one stage and the leader was 2 cars in front, we were 3 abreast everywhere except the chicane. awesome race. Then I got to 4th, and back to 8th, and everywhere in between, then one guy spun and I collected him... booooo

Advertisement