Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

None of my defence or goalkeeper have kept a clean sheet. Usually they all do :(

Still, at least Lamps and MGP have scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

37 points thus far, with Robinson and Reid still to play. Hopefully ill move up a couple of hundred places :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

in my first outing got a decent 30 points with defoe still to play - hopefully he'll add some more to that, murphy did well for me getting 12, should have given him the captaincy instead of terry. I wish I had joined sooner, it'll be hard to get off the foot of the table :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ooo 57 so far, mainly thanks to frank as captain and nolan and murphy in the mid. Still have Defoe and Steed to play

Didn't do as bad as I thought, 45 points. Van Der Saar made a good few saves, Carragher and Drogba won penalties so they got 3 points each for that, MGP and Lampard scored twice and Cole didn't play so Repka will be subbed in and I'll get a 6 for the clean sheet he helped West Ham keep.

Should pick up a few bonus points for Lampard and MGP so I'm hoping to end up with about 60.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

For some unbelievably daft reason, which I cannot begin to comprehend, I took the captaincy off Lampard and gave it to Terry. Had I left is as is, I would have got 24 for Lampard, and 2 for Terry. Now i end up with 12 for Lampard and 4 for Terry. IDIOT.

Danny Murphy is proving to be a great signing for me. Hopefully Jermaine Defoe will do the biz tmr night against Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

gimmick wrote:
    For some unbelievably daft reason, which I cannot begin to comprehend, I took the captaincy off Lampard and gave it to Terry. Had I left is as is, I would have got 24 for Lampard, and 2 for Terry. Now i end up with 12 for Lampard and 4 for Terry. IDIOT.
    I did the same :( Still got 50pts but could have been better.

I usually give the captaincy to a Chelsea defender. That way you're 90% guaranteed at least 12 points. This week was the first week it didn't work with Gallas.

Giving it to a striker or midfielder is a risk as they may only get 1 or 2 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eoinf wrote:
    23rd at the moment. ive been holding places either side of the 30 since the start now cant see me making a huge surge forward considering the majority of my forwards are injured(henry) suspended(mido) or just crap(sheringham) .

Why have you still got them in your team? I can never understand why people do that. Why keep a player worth over 10mil on your team when he is guaranteed not to play and he'll also be losing money for you when you can get an on form player? :confused:

Also, defenders as captains????? Amateur mistake!!! Forwards or midfielders make better captains.

B.

Also, defenders as captains????? Amateur mistake!!! Forwards or midfielders make better captains.

If its an amateur mistake then why am I leading any league I've entered, including the All Boards and Boards.ie Amazon €50 voucher leagues?

Defenders make better captains when guaranteed a clean sheet because they guarantee you 12 points. That's the approach I've taken and its lead to alot of extra points.

A midfielder or striker may have a crap game and not score or setup a goal. Which means you get a max of 4 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

gimmick wrote:
    Same as that.

Lemlin wrote:
    If its an amateur mistake then why am I leading any league I've entered, including the All Boards and Boards.ie Amazon €50 voucher leagues?

Defenders make better captains when guaranteed a clean sheet because they guarantee you 12 points. That's the approach I've taken and its lead to alot of extra points.

A midfielder or striker may have a crap game and not score or setup a goal. Which means you get a max of 4 points.

Is this your first year doing Fantasy Football? If it's not, where did you finish last year?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Lemlin wrote:

Defenders make better captains when guaranteed a clean sheet because they guarantee you 12 points.

That's total rubbish. Since when is a defender gauranteed a clean sheet? Chelsea or no Chelsea, they will conceed goals this season. Your limiting you self to 12 points as it's unlikey they will get actim points, assist or goals.

Well limiting myself to just 12 is doing me quite well so far. After all, if I'd left Lampard as my captain each week, he would of got about 4 some weeks. My defender who didn't concede got me 8 more.

And yes, this is my first but I seem to be doing alright, don't I. Where exactly is your team in the league?

Lemlin wrote:
    And yes, this is my first but I seem to be doing alright, don't I.
    Just as I thought. You're having a lucky run at the moment. I'm sure you'll do well this season but I don't have a crystal ball so I'll wait and see how you've done at the end of the season. One thing for sure though you won't remain at the top for the rest of the season.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Where exactly is your team in the league?
    I'm 10th at the moment but have climbed position every week.
    And last year I finished in the top 2000 teams out of 500,000 teams. Think I came 2nd in the Boards League and topped every other League I was in.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Well limiting myself to just 12 is doing me quite well so far.
    Well I hope that works out for you.
    Lemlin wrote:
    After all, if I'd left Lampard as my captain each week, he would of got about 4 some weeks.
    If my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle!!

B.

I'm 10th at the moment but have climbed position every week.
    And last year I finished in the top 2000 teams out of 500,000 teams. Think I came 2nd in the Boards League and topped every other League I was in.

Well I'd love to be climbing every week, pity I've been on top for the last two so that's kind of impossible at the minute!

Just as I thought. You're having a lucky run at the moment. I'm sure you'll do well this season but I don't have a crystal ball so I'll wait and see how you've done at the end of the season. One thing for sure though you won't remain at the top for the rest of the season.

So you're waiting to see how I do but saying I definitely won't be top - I'm getting confused here, have you not just contradicted yourself? As for a lucky run, I've done consistently well every week and have moved up to the top of the table and remained there.

I have a solid team with players who perform well like Lampard, MGP, Carragher, Van Der Saar and Ferdinand. Therefore I expect to stay near the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:
    I usually give the captaincy to a Chelsea defender. That way you're 90% guaranteed at least 12 points. This week was the first week it didn't work with Gallas.

Giving it to a striker or midfielder is a risk as they may only get 1 or 2 points.

Goalkeepers:

Cech 35
    Van der Sar 34
    Jaaskelainen 33
    Robinson 31
    Carroll 29

Defenders:

Del Horno 44
    Gallas 39
    Terry 38
    Perry 31
    Gardner 30

Midfielders:

Lampard 50
    Murphy 41
    Barton 39
    Gamst Pedersen 34
    Nolan 31
    Etherington 31

Forwards:

Bent 42
    van Nistelrooy 37
    Drogba 36
    Harewood 32
    Rooney 30

Lampard would yield you 100 points as your captain, Del Horno as captain would yield only 88.

IIRC, Lampard got a score of nearly 100 more than the best defender last season.

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Goalkeepers:

Cech 35
    Van der Sar 34
    Jaaskelainen 33
    Robinson 31
    Carroll 29

Defenders:

Del Horno 44
    Gallas 39
    Terry 38
    Perry 31
    Gardner 30

Midfielders:

Lampard 50
    Murphy 41
    Barton 39
    Gamst Pedersen 34
    Nolan 31
    Etherington 31

Forwards:

Bent 42
    van Nistelrooy 37
    Drogba 36
    Harewood 32
    Rooney 30

Lampard would yield you 100 points as your captain, Del Horno as captain would yield only 88.

IIRC, Lampard got a score of nearly 100 more than the best defender last season.

Very clever there. But you've forgotten the fact that Del Horno has missed the last two gameweek's injured. Lampard did not. Therefore Del Horno being only 12 points behind, despite missing two weeks, proves that he would of been a better captain than Lampard.

Anyway, it doesn't matter how Lampard did last season, I'm working on this season. I'm chopping and changing my captain and its working for me.

I'll tell you what, you worry about your strategy, I'll worry about mine - which is doing very well for me so far!

Just out of curiosity, do you have to have 5 defenders, 5 mids and 3 strikers? Just that maybe next week, id like to swap one of my useless defenders for a mid maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have 5-5-3 atm but i am almost sure i had different before i made sweeping changes to my team last night. time to move away from the bottom of the table

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity, do you have to have 5 defenders, 5 mids and 3 strikers? Just that maybe next week, id like to swap one of my useless defenders for a mid maybe...

Yep, you have to have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 strikers in your squad.

And your team has to have at least 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 1 striker.

So you can't implement your plan.

Lemlin wrote:
    So you're waiting to see how I do but saying I definitely won't be top - I'm getting confused here, have you not just contradicted yourself? As for a lucky run, I've done consistently well every week and have moved up to the top of the table and remained there.
    Well I've been doing this for the last 3 years and every year the person that starts off well, i.e. top of the table at the beginning, hasn't stayed there. But of course, I'm willing to accept that this year you may be the exception. The Chelsea of the Boards.ie league if you will.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Very clever there. But you've forgotten the fact that Del Horno has missed the last two gameweek's injured. Lampard did not. Therefore Del Horno being only 12 points behind, despite missing two weeks, proves that he would of been a better captain than Lampard.
    Ha ha, brilliant. IF IF IF IF IF, etc. etc.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Anyway, it doesn't matter how Lampard did last season, I'm working on this season
    I love the way you insist on ignoring any advice that you've been given from people that've been playing this longer than you, but hey that's your choice. Ignore if you will the fact that Lampard was second only to Henry last year. And ignore if you will that Lampard got the most amount of Assists last year and also ignore if you will that Lampard takes all Chelsea's penos. All your perogative.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Yep, you have to have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 strikers in your squad.
    It's actually 3 Strikers.

B.

Well I've been doing this for the last 3 years and every year the person that starts off well, i.e. top of the table at the beginning, hasn't stayed there. But of course, I'm willing to accept that this year you may be the exception. The Chelsea of the Boards.ie league if you will.

Don't see how I can be the Chelsea of the boards league. We all started out with the same 100 million. Not my fault if I invested mine better than you did!

Btw, this year will be different than other years, its the first year I've entered!

Ha ha, brilliant. IF IF IF IF IF, etc. etc.

I'm getting confused by you there. Read my post again. There's not one "if" there. Its pure fact, choosing a Chelsea defender each week as your captain would have given you a better points total than Lampard. And it proves that therecklessones' point is inaccurate.

That's the thing about statistics. They are very easy to manipulate and he chose to ignore the fact that Del Horno has missed the last two gameweeks, despite being only 6 points behind Lampard.

It's actually 3 Strikers.

Well sorry about my mistake. Its good to see the way there are rivalries starting!

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm getting confused by you there. Read my post again. There's not one "if" there.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but by you saying....
    Lemlin wrote:
    you've forgotten the fact that Del Horno has missed the last two gameweek's injured. Lampard did not. Therefore Del Horno being only 12 points behind, despite missing two weeks, proves that he would of been a better captain than Lampard.
    If that statement doesn't imply that "IF" Del Horno hadn't of missed the 2 weeks he would've been on better points than Lampard, well then I give up!

Lemlin wrote:
    Its pure fact, choosing a Chelsea defender each week as your captain would have given you a better points total than Lampard.
    FACT you say?? Hmmmm.....lets look at the facts shall we?

Lampard = 50 points
    Del Horno = 44 points
    Gallas = 39 points
    Terry = 38 points
    Ferreira = 26 points

Them the facts!!!

Statistics can be manipulated? Course they can! :rolleyes:

B.

If that statement doesn't imply that "IF" Del Horno hadn't of missed the 2 weeks he would've been on better points than Lampard, well then I give up!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but that's still not the word "if" and even if it was, it's still only one if, not " IF IF IF IF IF, etc. etc." as you put it. Don't know if you're not the best at counting, but you've more than the one "if" you say it implies there.

FACT you say?? Hmmmm.....lets look at the facts shall we?

Lampard = 50 points
    Del Horno = 44 points
    Gallas = 39 points
    Terry = 38 points
    Ferreira = 26 points

Them the facts!!!

Statistics can be manipulated? Course they can

Ah, but you see, I'm taking for granted the fact that you have a brain and would of known that Del Horno was injured two weeks ago when he had 44 points. You then would of transferred in Gallas or another Chelsea defender (like I did), which on top of Del Horno's 44 would have given you 12 that week and then 4 last week.

That gives you 104. 4 more than Lampards. That is how therecklessone manipulated the facts. He presented them as if they were telling the full story when they do not. Lampard has not missed 1 gameweek. Del Horno has missed 2. Therefore it is not fair to compare their points totals.

Forgive me if I am wrong for assuming you have the intelligence to change your captain when you hear he is injured.

Lemlin wrote:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but that's still not the word "if" and even if it was, it's still only one if, not " IF IF IF IF IF, etc. etc." as you put it. Don't know if you're not the best at counting, but you've more than the one "if" you say it implies there.
    Yeah, great come back. You've got me there! :rolleyes:
    Lemlin wrote:
    Ah, but you see, I'm taking for granted the fact that you have a brain and would of known that Del Horno was injured two weeks ago when he had 44 points. You then would of transferred in Gallas or another Chelsea defender (like I did), which on top of Del Horno's 44 would have given you 12 that week and then 4 last week.

That gives you 104. 4 more than Lampards. That is how therecklessone manipulated the facts. He presented them as if they were telling the full story when they do not. Lampard has not missed 1 gameweek. Del Horno has missed 2. Therefore it is not fair to compare their points totals.

Forgive me if I am wrong for assuming you have the intelligence to change your captain when you hear he is injured.
    OK, fair enough. If you're gonna keep moving the goalposts, well then I'll hold my hands up and say You Win!!! :rolleyes:

B.

Yeah, great come back. You've got me there!

I would say great comeback, left you with little to say, didn't it!? :)

OK, fair enough. If you're gonna keep moving the goalposts, well then I'll hold my hands up and say You Win!!!

I suppose I'll take that as you giving in. Pity you try to disguise it and don't just admit that your point was wrong. You were wrong to say that choosing a defender as captain was the work of an amateur because, as I've proved, it could yield you just as many points as having a midfielder or striker.

Yes, Lampard will have weeks where he'll yield you 24 points or so as captain. But he'll also have weeks where he'll only yield you 4. At least with a Chelsea defender you are 90% guaranteed to yield in or around 12 each week.

I didn't move any goalposts. Bottom line is: You can't compare two players, one who has missed two gameweeks, and one who has not.

That's like saying Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a far better striker than Michael Owen because he has scored a few more goals this season. Forgetting the fact that Owen missed the first few weeks of the season because he hadn't moved to Newcastle.

Given our recent history Lemlin, I thought it best not to respond to your post last night. I didn't want to be accussed of adding fuel to the fire so to speak. Since then you've accused me of posting inaccuracies and of manipulating the facts. Thanks.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Very clever there. But you've forgotten the fact that Del Horno has missed the last two gameweek's injured. Lampard did not.

I forgot nothing of the sort, no more than I've forgotten Del Horno has scored a goal, got an assist and got 5 actim points in his 5 matches.

As Bazmo says above, your argument relies on at least one IF, IMO a number of IFs.

You're correct to say that a Chelsea defender as captain would yield you 12 points most weeks, assuming:

1. He plays over 60 minutes.
    2. He doesn't concede.
    3. He doesn't get booked.
    4. He doesn't concede a penalty.
    Lemlin wrote:

Thats the post that started the debate I believe, but I'm open to correction. So for your point to hold up to scrutiny, you would have needed to have Del Horno selected as captain for weeks 3 (9 points, assist), 4 (15 points, goal + 3 actim points), and 5 (2 actim points). It is by no means guaranteed that a player would have selected Del Horno as their captain (and by the end of week 2 he had 12 points, tied with Terry and 1 behind Gallas), as John Terry finished last season as leading defender IIRC, and had a decent tally of goals scored as well. Had Del Horno played weeks 6 and 7 (and there is no reason to assume one would have deselected him after the previous three weeks) he would have scored 8 points, provided he wasn't booked or he didn't concede a penalty.

Incidently, if you had chosen William Gallas as capt for week 1, Del Horno for weeks 2-5, and either Terry or Gallas for weeks 6-7, your captain's score would have been 108 (54x2).

A lot of ifs, buts, and maybes TBH.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Therefore Del Horno being only 12 points behind, despite missing two weeks, proves that he would of been a better captain than Lampard.

It proves nothing. Del Horno could have been booked, conceeded a penalty, or not lasted the 60 minutes in either game, and could possibly have got less than the 8 you claim he'd be "guaranteed" (he could conceivably have got an assist, goal, or bonus points to be fair). Your point in that quote is pure supposition.

What can't be argued with is the scores each individual footballer has at this stage, and your own position 22 points clear in the Boards Amazon league. Well done.

I would appreciate it if you'd refrain from accusing me of manipulation of the facts. My earlier post contained no editorial slant, merely the points total to date and a observation that Lampard was far and away the leading points scorer last season.

Given our recent history Lemlin, I thought it best not to respond to your post last night. I didn't want to be accussed of adding fuel to the fire so to speak. Since then you've accused me of posting inaccuracies and of manipulating the facts. Thanks.

No bother, you're welcome. I particularly found it interesting that you got involved in this thread to try and knock my point after we'd had an argument on another thread. Pleased to see you like to follow through arguments to other threads. Maybe you should "leave me alone to have" my "hissy fit" as you so aptly put it on that thread.

You tried this tactic before on this thread regarding Tottenham players and the Blackburn vs. Tottenham game. Like I told you then, I suggest you leave arguments like that to the thread they're on or pm me if you have a problem.

I would appreciate it if you'd refrain from accusing me of manipulation of the facts. My earlier post contained no editorial slant, merely the points total to date and a observation that Lampard was far and away the leading points scorer last season.

The list you posted fails to show the full picture though, as I've now illustrated. My point is that Bazmo was wrong to call my tactic of choosing a defender as my captain "amateur". As I've now illustrated, my strategy is just as good as choosing a midfielder or striker as captain.

That's my two cents, like it or not. Anyway, I'm sure everyone is sick of our bickering and I'd prefer not to risk a ban for me or my sponsors so let's just play nicely :)

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    I would say great comeback, left you with little to say, didn't it!? :) I suppose I'll take that as you giving in.
    No it didn’t leave me with little to say, on the contrary, I had plenty to say and I also hadn’t given in. I was merely trying to refrain from endless pages of mindless tit for tat.
    However, as you’re acting like a dog with a bone, albeit a dog with severe mental problems, I’ll have to point out to you where you are wrong.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Pity you try to disguise it and don't just admit that your point was wrong.
    I wasn’t wrong. As has been pointed out to you in a previous post, about a year ago Boards turned into a total wánkfest of bólloxology and so therefore I was trying to put our little exchange to bed.
    Lemlin wrote:
    as I've proved, it could yield you just as many points as having a midfielder or striker[/U].
    Sorry, but I must of missed where you proved that one. As far as I could see you only proved how you were willing to change your position on what you were trying to prove in the first place.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Yes, Lampard will have weeks where he'll yield you 24 points or so as captain. But he'll also have weeks where he'll only yield you 4. At least with a Chelsea defender you are 90% guaranteed to yield in or around 12 each week
    I won’t bother with this one as I feel therecklessone has done a better job than I would have done disproving your theory.
    Lemlin wrote:
    I didn't move any goalposts. Bottom line is: You can't compare two players, one who has missed two gameweeks, and one who has not
    See that’s the thing, of course you can. That’s what the point of the Fantasy Football game is all about. It’s about the players that get you the most amount of points from for games actually played, not “Whatifs” and “Maybes”. You were the one that started talking about “Facts” and I gave you the “Facts” not “Whatifs”
    Lemlin wrote:
    That's like saying Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a far better striker than Michael Owen because he has scored a few more goals this season. Forgetting the fact that Owen missed the first few weeks of the season because he hadn't moved to Newcastle.
    It is nothing like that at all. We were talking about players that have given the most amount of points so far. To use your analogy to decide who is a better player is just silly and I’ve done nothing of the sort.
    What does happen at the end of the season is that after all the matches are played you can look and see how many minutes each Striker (for example) has played and then do a minutes played to goals scored ratio to see which player in a statistical way is better value for their team.

I don’t see the point of continuing with this but if you want to keep on dragging it out well then fair enough. I was just offering a bit of friendly advice and I’m sorry if you took it the wrong.
    I suppose the only way to find out who’s strategy is the best is to wait to the end of the season.

B.

I won’t bother with this one as I feel therecklessone has done a better job than I would have done disproving your theory.

Pardon me, but I'll just focus on this line. I don't see where either of you have shown problems with my theory. My theory is that picking a defender as captain can lead to a steady rise of points. I've proven my point so I'll just leave you to it.

Btw, next time you want to give someone some "friendly advice", I'd suggest you don't do it by accusing them of making an "amateur mistake" or jumping down their throats like you're some fantasy football guru.

Yes, it is my first season of doing the fantasy football but I seem to be doing quite alright on my own, don't you think? Like I've said numerous times, you use your strategy and I'll use mine. I think people can see who has been doing better so far :)

Time will tell how both of our tactics peform in the future. Hopefully you'll be a bit higher come the end, hopefully I'll stay where I am.

Lemlin wrote:
    No bother, you're welcome. I particularly found it interesting that you got involved in this thread to try and knock my point after we'd had an argument on another thread. Pleased to see you like to follow through arguments to other threads. Maybe you should "leave me alone to have" my "hissy fit" as you so aptly put it on that thread.

I can't make up my mind whether you're paranoid, or a crap mindreader.

My last post on the thread you refer to was a full month ago (Aug 26th). Since then I believe we've had one encounter on the soccer forum, where I disputed your opinion of Michael Owen's worth. I thought that was a fairly civilised exchange.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=296163&page=1&pp=20

If you think I've been waiting for an opportunity to carry that argument on would you please take a moment to think why I've waited nearly a month to do so when there has been ample opportunites to do so with your frequent contributions to the forum in the intervening period?

Isn't it conceivable that I disagree with you on some of the points you raise on here? And since we're all here for discussion and debate, wouldn't it be ridiculous for either of us to avoid threads where the other has posted? I'd like to think so.

But yeah, I'm all for playing nicely.

p.s. after tonight I've moved into 2nd in the Amazon league, just 14 points behind yourself. Actim points still to come, though we share a couple of big scorers this week (Lampard and Pedersen) so I doubt there'll be much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Im sneaking up the league at the moment....have been hovering around the 20 mark for the past few weeks but on joint 14th at the moment!! slowly but surely!! like a snail I am :D

See you soon Lemlin!!!! still 2nd in our mini league as well behind ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i had been sneaking up but i had a terrible week last week an only had 20 somethin points. now ill have to com up from around 40th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Duff plays the full match he seems certain to get bonus points. He played the full match against Arsenal and got the 3 bonus, 88 minutes against Spurs and got 2 bonus, the full match against Villa and 2 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

oooh 58 points this week after bonuses. think this week was the highest scoring week for a lot of people (not mine though) cause a lot of people have lampard as captain and that would earn you 30 points. :D

Hows everyone doin in the fantasy champions league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

eirebhoy wrote:
    If Duff plays the full match he seems certain to get bonus points. He played the full match against Arsenal and got the 3 bonus, 88 minutes against Spurs and got 2 bonus, the full match against Villa and 2 points.
    Or the gaffer keeps him on for a full match on occassions where he sees him performing well...

Originally posted by therecklessone
    I can't make up my mind whether you're paranoid, or a crap mindreader.

My last post on the thread you refer to was a full month ago (Aug 26th). Since then I believe we've had one encounter on the soccer forum, where I disputed your opinion of Michael Owen's worth. I thought that was a fairly civilised exchange.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...63&page=1&pp=20

If you think I've been waiting for an opportunity to carry that argument on would you please take a moment to think why I've waited nearly a month to do so when there has been ample opportunites to do so with your frequent contributions to the forum in the intervening period?

Isn't it conceivable that I disagree with you on some of the points you raise on here? And since we're all here for discussion and debate, wouldn't it be ridiculous for either of us to avoid threads where the other has posted? I'd like to think so.

But yeah, I'm all for playing nicely.

p.s. after tonight I've moved into 2nd in the Amazon league, just 14 points behind yourself. Actim points still to come, though we share a couple of big scorers this week (Lampard and Pedersen) so I doubt there'll be much difference.

Nope, what I found funny was a month ago you brought an argument we were having about the Blackburn vs. Tottenham game into this thread. I informed you then that this thread was for fantasy football issues alone.

Then, last weekend, another argument regarding you calling Blackburn players "scumbags" began on the Man Utd vs Blackburn thread and suddenly you're hopping onto this thread getting involved in my debate with Bazmo.

Yet, when cheesedude tried to do the same on the Man Utd vs. Blackburn thread, you turned round and asked him why he was getting involved. That's a bit of inconsistency on your part if you ask me. That was the point I was illustrating.

Yes, you've moved up to second and well done. Anyone who had Lampard as captain had a good week. I look forward to a good battle in the coming months.

Originally posted by Big Nelly
    Im sneaking up the league at the moment....have been hovering around the 20 mark for the past few weeks but on joint 14th at the moment!! slowly but surely!! like a snail I am

See you soon Lemlin!!!! still 2nd in our mini league as well behind ya!

You're still 56 behind me, and the way things are going it'll be 1056 by the end of our league!

Lemlin wrote:
    Nope, what I found funny was a month ago you brought an argument we were having about the Blackburn vs. Tottenham game into this thread. I informed you then that this thread was for fantasy football issues alone.

Then, last weekend, another argument regarding you calling Blackburn players "scumbags" began on the Man Utd vs Blackburn thread and suddenly you're hopping onto this thread getting involved in my debate with Bazmo.

Yet, when cheesedude tried to do the same on the Man Utd vs. Blackburn thread, you turned round and asked him why he was getting involved. That's a bit of inconsistency on your part if you ask me. That was the point I was illustrating.

Thats my mind made up. You're just paranoid.

• Advertisement

Thats my mind made up. You're just paranoid.

I wouldn't call outlining someone being hypocritic as paranoid, would you!!!?

Anyway, let's play nicely. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hows everyone doin in the fantasy champions league?

Terrible this week so far since leading last week....everyone with that bloody Brazilian have moved above me!!! :mad:

Lemlin wrote:
    I wouldn't call outlining someone being hypocritic as paranoid, would you!!!?

:eek:
    Lemlin wrote:
    Then, last weekend, another argument regarding you calling Blackburn players "scumbags" began on the Man Utd vs Blackburn thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=305746&page=2&pp=20
    Lemlin wrote:
    Have to admit that I think the bannings on this forum are a tad United biased. I contacted one of the mods a few weeks ago about this.

I remember a thread called "Lucas Neill...scumbag" where several people referred to Blackburn players as scumbags and thugs, yet nobody was banned.

So now its not several people, but me? Sound suspiciously like manipulation of the facts to me. Your earlier post got it right, RuggieBear, Third Echelon, Baz_, and VinnyL all used the phrase scumbag before I posted on that thread, and it was not until the third page that I used it in a post.

Physician, heal thyself.
    Lemlin wrote:
    what I found funny was a month ago you brought an argument we were having about the Blackburn vs. Tottenham game into this thread. I informed you then that this thread was for fantasy football issues alone.

And I find it funnier that at the time you took the post as it was meant (a joke) and gave as good back, yet now its dragging an argument from one thread to another and going off topic?

So now its not several people, but me? Sound suspiciously like manipulation of the facts to me. Your earlier post got it right, RuggieBear, Third Echelon, Baz_, and VinnyL all used the phrase scumbag before I posted on that thread, and it was not until the third page that I used it in a post.

Physician, heal thyself.

I was referring to arguments I had with you. That's why I said you. And it doesn't matter how many other people called them "scumbags", you all should of incurred bannings whether you knew the charter or not. You do know the charter now so just like I won't call Tottenham players abusive names, I expect you not call Blackburn players "scumbags" and "thugs".

And I find it funnier that at the time you took the post as it was meant (a joke) and gave as good back, yet now its dragging an argument from one thread to another and going off topic?

It was bringing an argument from one thread to another.

Now, I'm done with this, this thread is about the fantasy league, not me and you bickering. If you want anymore debate, pm me because I'm sure at this stage that the only people more pissed off at you than me are the other people who have to read our tripe.

And, in the same way, I'd imagine the only people more pissed off at me than you are the other people who have to read our tripe.

Therefore we're pleasing nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Whats the European fantasy like? I couldn't imagine it'd be too much better than the Premiership one. Is it as hard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

dont know how hard it is but i just entered a team there.alot more variety than the premiership. i have made a dream strikeforce of ruud,eto'o and ibrahimovic! Pity ive missed 2 game weeks already!

Jeez, with that strikeforce you must've sacrificed having a good defence/midfield, eh? Im in 5th place, out of 9...mid-table...but ive made a few changes, so i will be dropping a few points!

Drogba's gone. Mickey Owen is in. Here's hoping he can knock in a hat-trick against Portsmouth today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

reports suggest owen is caring an injury might not start.

So, i chose Owen as my captain last night, not knowing he'd be injured....my two other strikers got ten points each :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement