Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He got a dead leg. I'll have Repka transferred in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Bent, my mid-week transfer, did the business for me. But in the process took away points from my usually consistent Robinson.

Savage, dunno why i have him there but hes injured.

Hopefully this is a plus 50 week anyway.

Savage isn't injured. He was suspended for picking up five yellow cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

So, i chose Owen as my captain last night, not knowing he'd be injured....my two other strikers got ten points each :(
    I done the same thing.

but I had rooney instead of Van Nistelrooy!
    I tried to change captain early yesterday morning but couldn't :(
    plus Carrick is still out injured,

Only nine scoring players for me this week :(:(

I subbed out Drogba for Owen. Drogba just won a penalty and got an assist so feck that :(

Got rid of Friedel for Van Der Saar last week too. My transfers aren't going great lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lemlin wrote:
    I subbed out Drogba for Owen. Drogba just won a penalty.

You don't get anything for a player winning a penalty AFAIK. It's only in the UEFA Champion's League FF that you do. But yeah, he did just get an assist.

I mean't to change my captain from Lampard to RVN but was out of the office most of the day on Friday and forgot to. Although on the plus side, Lampard did get a goal today.

B.

You don't get anything for a player winning a penalty AFAIK. It's only in the UEFA Champion's League FF that you do. But yeah, he did just get an assist.

I mean't to change my captain from Lampard to RVN but was out of the office most of the day on Friday and forgot to. Although on the plus side, Lampard did get a goal today.

Its counted as a secondary assist and you get three points. I got three last week for Carragher and Drogba who both won penalties.

Lemlin wrote:
    Its counted as a secondary assist and you get three points. I got three last week for Carragher and Drogba who both won penalties.

Didn't know that. Just checked the rules and it's actually given as a full assist.
    First Assists
    These are awarded to a team-mate making the last pass before a goal is scored. If an own goal is scored there is no assist.

If a goalkeeper does not have control of the ball and parries a shot or drops a cross or the ball rebounds off the woodwork, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues.

In the event of a penalty, the player earning the penalty gets an assist if it is successfully scored, but not if he takes it himself in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

on my way back up the tables!! two solid weeks. last week had a poor week but thanks to lampard i got myself thirty points leaving me with an overall of 58 last week . this week im on 58 atm but it should shoot up to about 65 or so once the actim points are added.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

after actually finding time to take interest in my team i got 46 points this week bringing me to the awe inspiring 301st in the table :D

i am aiming for top 100 for this season, then take the win next season, damn my lost time

I've fallen behind in the All Boards League (well done to Big Georgie's Tits) but I'm still winning the Boards Amazon league.

Pretty happy to still be 7 points ahead after two ropey weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Lemlin wrote:
    I subbed out Drogba for Owen. Drogba just won a penalty and got an assist so feck that :(
    I got rid of Owen for Andy Cole - just as Cole comes back from injurey Owen gets injured, very clever (it'll prove clever in the long-run I hope).
    I was worried I'd also set captain to Owen but luckily it was RVN:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

60pts this week!!!(so far) :D regained some ground after poor week last.
    Drogba got 4 assists!!! :O 14points so far.(he was hovering on the transfer list) +Bent is really bangin them in.

should haul a few bonus points as well. (back on the first page(boards.ie) again :D)
    whos the guy with the :-L (face)team ?seems to always get teh same position as Irish Rovers.

Their teams are probably near identical. Probably just about one player different or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Drogba got 4 assists!!! :O 14points so far.(he was hovering on the transfer list)
    I'm pretty sure Robben set up Geremi's goal.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Robben set up Geremi's goal.

He did have the last touch before Geremi scored. However, if look at the Fantasy Premier League Site they've awarded 5 assists in total probably something to do with Drogba being so instrumental in creating the chance. (The Second Assist award)
    Carragher and Riise also got awarded an assist each.

See the rules below.
    Second Assists
    If an additional player makes a significant contribution before a goal is scored, then that player is awarded a second assist. This would involve having a major influence in the move either directly before or after the first assist.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i climbed up to 66th in the league (village people) so i'm a happy chappy!

Got rid of Mellberg (shaky villa defence of late) and Cahill (i can see him collapsing on the pitch from exhaustation fairly soon) and i brought in Distin and Essein to do the business for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Wtf is up with Owen, how long is he out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

66 after bonus! only Mayo Maulers(well done >68?) got than me in the top 35 of boards!!!!
    :D

think Owen is out hamstring/muscle stain? +hope Finnan plays for Ireland (and lines out for liverpool wk after) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Got an extra 10 points in bonus points this week. Amazing how Drogba got no bonus points, Joe Cole got the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had my best week yet - 75 points, pushing me up to mid-table mediocrity.

Wtf is up with Owen, how long is he out?

Owen just has a dead leg. He'll be playing for England this weekend and be back for Newcastle next weekend.

Still can't believe that I transferred Drogba out for him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

having a woodgate,only scored 26 points this week moving my total to a very sad 310 :mad:

Fantasy League back today. Hopefully my last couple of bad weeks will end and the Commandos will put Cavan on top again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dya have to sign up for this at the start of the season yeah ? too late now i take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

well, you'll be 8/9 weeks behind everyone else!!

Lampard setup both Drogba's goals and Drogba returned the favour for both Lampard's. Lovely! Lampard (C) and the Drog kicking ass for moi once more!

Who setup the goal for Gudjohnson?

Makele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

holy ****!!!!!!!!
    30 points for Lampard

i have never had a player get so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Crap, I moved Lampard from captin to Van Nist. Arghhhhhhh.

stupid stupid stupid....

• Advertisement

You think that's bad. I dropped Drogba for Owen two weeks ago :(

That's the reason I'll lose top spot this evening. Still, the Commandos will be back on top soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

74 so far still have joey barton , jensen and harewood to play might not get too many from them but heres hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Up to 36 now if hes your capt. I was toying between rooney and fat frank last night and went with rooney, oh well still a half decent week, think im 9th

up to the dizzy heights of 39nth myself, hopefully bent will do the business in the next charlton game. Com'on the Village People

I'd say Bent or Murphy will. Its against Fulham after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

already made two changes for next week.....hitting a bit of a slump lately!!!

It didnt help changing captaincy from Lampard to Owen at 11.10am on saturday morning!! i sould have stayed in bed a bit longer goddammit!!! :mad:

next week - my previous form will be return :cool:

That's the thing about the game. One false move can feck ya rightly up. Owen earned me a few million at least. He's been shipped back to where he came from now.

Gwan the Oul wan rovers.. i was in 40th place 2 weeks ago and now im in 17th and will likely go up further as i have two players to play for charlton who are likely to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm offically top of the league, well the NHLYTL.

That is the Not Having Lampard in Your Team League.

Even though I'm 53 overall in the Boards League I'm proud to be top of the NHLYTL.

Top 5 in the NHLYTL:

1. Team Soccer Squadron
    2. CLWinners05
    3. Irish Rovers
    4. Not A Hope
    5. Kdjac Athletic

Well done lads on not being Lampard fanboys. I think you'll agree our elite league is the best. :)

• Advertisement

what a retarded league that is. yes tonnes of people have lampard but why wouldnt you want him? he gets the points. i have him as captain he gets me 36 points this week before bonus points are added.

im not turning that down

Gwan the Oul wan rovers.. i was in 40th place 2 weeks ago and now im in 17th and will likely go up further as i have two players to play for charlton who are likely to win.

Anyone who had Lampard captain the last two weeks has jumped way up the league. That'll end soon though. He can't score two goals every week.

I'm happy enough though. Just went I thought it was going to be another average week, Cole scores two and Murphy knocks in one, both getting 3 bonus points in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

lol..you really are obsessed with this fantasy football!!! Every time I look at a new thread it's belong to you...

You deserve to win imo...

Lemlin wrote:
    He can't score two goals every week.

sure he can. hes frank lampard.

I reckon Chelsea will be good for 3 or 4 goals a game for the next few games - so Lampard is bound to be either scoring or creating a few, though this theory will be tested following their midweek CL match.
    I'm just annoyed that I had Lampard as captain the week before and switched it to RVN for last weekend, it's been the difference from about 10th or so in the table and about 30th or so.

p.pete wrote:
    I'm just annoyed that I had Lampard as captain the week before and switched it to RVN for last weekend, it's been the difference from about 10th or so in the table and about 30th or so.

Yeah, same here. Had Lampard as captain last week because I forgot to change it to RVN and RVN scored 2 and then when I do change it to RVN Lampard has the week he's had!!! Arggghhh!!! :(

B.

• Advertisement

Is anyone trying to break the bank to get Henry back in their team?
    I'm thinking about it but haven't fully decided. I wanted to get a defender in before this weeks deadline (Cooper has sat in my team for too long) and I have the budget to upgrade him for Carragher (or Toure etc) but I'm afraid if I stall on bringing Henry in then his price could start shooting up.

However if I bring in Henry then I'll be severely limited for cash to improve the defence...

p.pete wrote:
    Is anyone trying to break the bank to get Henry back in their team?
    I'm thinking about it but haven't fully decided. I wanted to get a defender in before this weeks deadline (Cooper has sat in my team for too long) and I have the budget to upgrade him for Carragher (or Toure etc) but I'm afraid if I stall on bringing Henry in then his price could start shooting up.

However if I bring in Henry then I'll be severely limited for cash to improve the defence...

Even though for the last few years Henry was a must and to have him as captain was almost a must, I think at the moment he's too expensive to have. It would involve changing too many players and there's also a few on form forwards to choose from that are a bit cheaper.

B.

Hmm, yeah, I've looked at the fixtures coming up and I'm going to delay me decision on him I think. Arsenal are playing Man City and Spurs next whereas Newcastle are playing Sunderland and West Brom. It'd be Owen that'd be going to make way for Henry and I think I'll see what happens in the next 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

What's the story, is it too late to get into the €50 gig?

What's the story, is it too late to get into the €50 gig?

You had to be in before it started.

B.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement