Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Anyone else besides me have an injury crisis over the last couple of weeks?
    Del Horno, Owen, Ferreria, Carrick all injured in the last few weeks for me.
    hopefully I have put that right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Very low scoring for pretty much everyone yesterday. Hopefully the Chelsea lads can do the business today.

Murphy and MGP were my only saving graces from a terrible day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Amazing week. The highest score I have seen anyone get is 51.

Ive decided to drop Cech, and bring in Jaskelinen. My reasoning is that even Cech will keep alot of clean sheets, he wont get big points ever. Jasskelinen is 3.6 cheaper, therefore opening up enough money for me to drop Heskey (11 points in 6 weeks!), and get in Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

gimmick wrote:

Ive decided to drop Cech, and bring in Jaskelinen. My reasoning is that even Cech will keep alot of clean sheets, he wont get big points ever. Jasskelinen is 3.6 cheaper, therefore opening up enough money for me to drop Heskey (11 points in 6 weeks!), and get in Rooney.

wise choice! Heskey for a hattrick in his next game? :rolleyes:
    Thats right, i'm putting the curse of fate on you!

^ If it were anyone else but Heskey I might be worried :p

gimmick wrote:

Not too sure about Rooney. He picks up alot of yellow cards, get rested a bit and there are cheaper strikers around.

shocking weeks all round, thank god for Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

evilhomer wrote:
    Anyone else besides me have an injury crisis over the last couple of weeks?
    Del Horno, Owen, Ferreria, Carrick all injured in the last few weeks for me.
    hopefully I have put that right now :)
    Owen is annoying the crap out of me - he's not even injured, just picking up niggles. I know I should kick him out from the team but he flatters to decieve every week that he may go out and get a hattrick or something impressive.

From memory, every time he came back from injuries with Liverpool it was 4 or 5 games before he'd start scoring again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

thank god for lampard is right. I managed to wangle him into my team costing me 8 points for extra transfers but in his first week gets me a nice 14 points :cool: With him and murphy doing well I'm top of the bottom 4 (all joined in gameweek 7) in the league if anyone cares to look :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

***News flash**
    LAMPARD SIGNS FOR IRISH ROVERS....
    Manager speaks out!

I hereby resind my membership of the NHLIYT (Not having Lampard in your team) :(

having taken the Irish Rovers to the top of NHLIYT league I feel this is as far as I can take our team without the boy Frank :D

So good luck lads Team Soccer Sqaudron, KAjda Athectic, Not a Hope and CL Winners. Hope my new signing works out :)
    *he'll probably break his leg next game and be out of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a great weekend. 96 pts. :D
    Most of my new buys paid off. Filan in goal had a clean sheet. Chimbonda scored, as did King and with Nolan, Lampard and Drogba all scoring too.
    Also had an Assist from N'Zogbia.
    Would've loved to have gone over the 100pts. mark though, but I can't complain. ;)

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What the hell O'Shea got 2 bonus points for his performance in the game against Chelsea and Fletcher got the 3. Edwin for three and rooney for 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

RasTa wrote:
    What the hell O'Shea got 2 bonus points for his performance in the game against Chelsea and Fletcher got the 3. Edwin for three and rooney for 2!

Ye their bonus points system seems fooked up alright!! But it brings in everything from passing, tackles, clearances, dribbles etc!!! Like even Cisse got a bonus point...COMON!!! pure dirt...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I decided to sign lampard.... only got me 2 points!! I feel let down now, all that hype!

wooly69 wrote:
    Ye their bonus points system seems fooked up alright!! But it brings in everything from passing, tackles, clearances, dribbles etc!!! Like even Cisse got a bonus point...COMON!!! pure dirt...:eek:

Pedersen got 3 for Blackburn and he had a very quiet game by his standards. Had far better games earlier in the season where he got nothing.

Tugay should have got the 3 bonus points for that match if anyone. Not complaining though, I have MGP in my team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hello everyone.

Diaster week for me last week to drop from 2nd to outside the top 10.

Nothing went right.

Just one of them weeks.

Hopefully I can turn it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

no, tugay should have definately got the points, i have him in my team and i need all the points i can get :) i am falling well behind, hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Anyone know if theres any official statistic on which formation is the best? i've been holding true to the old 4-4-2 simply caise it would take too much arseing about to change it, but most of the majorly successful teams i've seen have 3-5-2 and 3-4-3.

just a quick rant on Forsell. that bastard has ruined my chances! 17points from him for the whole season! if he had been even remotely ok i;d be laughing. but no. ah well, he's for the chop this week anyway, thinkin ill replace him with either Mido or Vassell..what do the public think?

Well it really depends on the players that you've got of course, but having said that, a 3-5-2 is probably the best formation statistically. The reason being that a midfielder will get you more points than a forward and a midfielder is much more likely to gain points for assists and goals.
    However, a defender will get you more than a a forward and a midfielder but it tends to be rarer for a defender to score.

I was never a big fan of having too many defenders in your team due to the fact that if your defenders have a great game for their respective clubs all it takes is a mistake from a team mate to lose you a lot of points. Just look at Chelsea the last few games.

The best formation up until they changed it this year was a 2-5-3 but they changed it so that you had to have a more realistic formation.

A 3-4-3 can be quite successful but you really need a decent forward line for it to work.

Why did you hold onto Forsell for so long? He's after losing you 1 million already. You should only ever pick players that are on form and then if you do pick a player and he doesn't do it in about 3 games you should always get rid of him.

Dunno about going for Mido. I wouldn't personally. Hasn't really done anything in the last few games. But Spurs do have an easy enough run coming up so it migth be worth a chance.

John from Fulham might be worth a shot, he's been on form and Fulham have an easy enough run in the next few games. Plus he's cheap.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If you've got the money go with Vassell, on fire at the moment and getting plenty of assists.

I would probably go for someone like Kevin Nolan or James Beattie. Both are playing well at the minute and Nolan is getting great points. Emre is also a good buy!

If you've got the money go with Vassell, on fire at the moment and getting plenty of assists.

Andy Cole is the same although he's been picking up a few injuries.

I picked up Emre while he was at 6.9. Looks like a player who could grab alot of assists and bonus points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Mido isnt bad at all, Tottenham are a solid side this year (best GK- until recently) very good defensively
    N'Zogbia and Emre are good midfielders (not too expensive)
    Vassells just about lvl pegging it with Cole at Man City, and no doubt Cole is the much better player unfortunatley hes getting injured a fair bit.

Mido isnt bad at all, Tottenham are a solid side this year (best GK- until recently) very good defensively
    N'Zogbia and Emre are good midfielders (not too expensive)
    Vassells just about lvl pegging it with Cole at Man City, and no doubt Cole is the much better player unfortunatley hes getting injured a fair bit.

Cole is doing alright if you have decent subs to cover him when he missed a match. Dean Whitehead at Sunderland is a good backup midfielder to have. He grabs the odd goal and assist and is cheap.

Have a look at the subs that this guy left on the bench last week.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/eventhist.mc?id=425038

Talk about being sick. Although it was a bit silly leaving so many on form players on the bench.

B.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Have a look at the subs that this guy left on the bench last week.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/eventhist.mc?id=425038

Talk about being sick. Although it was a bit silly leaving so many on form players on the bench.

B.

There's a bit of luck built into it though. He probably expected Man City to whip Fulham and that's why he had Barton on, and probably had other reasons for dorpping the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Looks like Henry is now a must to buy back,his value is already starting to rise. Hes incredibly expensive tho..

I am undecided on whether to go 3-5-2 or stick with 3-4-3...

Also John of Fulham or Kuqi of Blackburn are good value striking alternatives if your trying to get cash to buy Henry.

Im also contemplating getting him back before hes too expensive...Dont know how im gonna do it, tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

aye, i must get him back too. who to sell, who to sell!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well i figure Harewood isnt doing it so he is gone, but someone else needed to go so that was Cole gone. i hope this doesnt comeback to haunt me

• Advertisement

Im also contemplating getting him back before hes too expensive...Dont know how im gonna do it, tho!

I got rid of Danny Murphy for Stephen Ireland and then had enough to swap Drogba for Thierry. Hopefully he keeps doing the business.

Oh the little mistakes. i decided to take out Anton Ferdinand, as I fely West Ham wouldnt keep a clean sheet, and left in Staltieri, as I felt Spurs would - What happens? Ferdinand scores, and I get screw all points for it :(

Lemlin wrote:
    There's a bit of luck built into it though. He probably expected Man City to whip Fulham and that's why he had Barton on, and probably had other reasons for dorpping the others.

In fairness, there's a huge amount of luck in it full stop.

B.

massive amounts of luck, but you can certainly hedge your bets.

Henry and Yakubu are the form strikers to buy. Owen is good too but pulls out of the team injured at the last minute alot. When drogba goes to the African cup of nations Crespo will be a good buy.

Although this week people should be buying a liverpool or sunderland player.
    Gerrard, Carrager or Whitehead are the best options

evilhomer wrote:
    massive amounts of luck, but you can certainly hedge your bets.

Henry and Yakubu are the form strikers to buy. Owen is good too but pulls out of the team injured at the last minute alot. When drogba goes to the African cup of nations Crespo will be a good buy.

Although this week people should be buying a liverpool or sunderland player.
    Gerrard, Carrager or Whitehead are the best options

Not too mention Reina in goals.

How did people fare this week?? I only got 57 points. Carragher as captain with 24 points saved me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Only 52, Owen missed another bloody match and Repka was subbed in, plus Del Horno didn't play which didn't help.

I'm not having any fantastic weeks, but I'm averaging a good score so I'm still in the running.

Brought in a good 82 points, Liverpool players, Reina, Finnan and Carra as captain so all in all a good wk..

Planning on bringing in some Utd players, they have 3 games in next two game wks and they are all at home.. Rooney and O'Shea most likely..

My god im annoyed. My mate told me he put gerrard as captain and got 32 pts...80-something points altogether! I didnt realise there was any prem footy on during this wk, so i would've had carra as my captain, but alas!! Only got a measly 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Anyone know if Del Horno will play?

LK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I've just bought Big Dunc in replace of Owen, hopefully I haven't stabbed myself in the foot. Seems Owen will be out another week at least and Ferguson will benefit from a double week the same as United. Also Ferguson hasn't scored yet this season, can't be too far away :p. The main thing is it frees up money for united players - I'll perhaps hope for Scholes to come good or else follow everyone else and take on O'Shea.

Generally I don't like making 2 transfers in the same week but the number of people making points from Liverpool players may have changed my mind...

LeperKing wrote:
    Anyone know if Del Horno will play?

LK
    No one knows what team Mourinho will play from one week to the next at the minute the only players guarenteed of a game are Lampard, Cech and Terry.
    Their is also an argument for Duff, who Mourinho seems to rate very highly.
    All the others are swapped at will.

Man Utd players are the way to go if you can afford them for the next gameweek where they play two home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

In a league match Cech, Terry, Ferreira, Del Horno, Lampard and Duff seem to be certs to play if fit. Gudjohnson seems to be gettting in the team at the place of either Essien or Makelele every now and then.

eirebhoy wrote:
    In a league match Cech, Terry, Ferreira, Del Horno, Lampard and Duff seem to be certs to play if fit. Gudjohnson seems to be gettting in the team at the place of either Essien or Makelele every now and then.

I think yas are forgetting Gallas. He's played 90 minutes in every Chelsea league game this season but one, against Newcastle.

On another note, the Commandos are starting to bounce back. Cleans sheets all round and Dean Whitehead managed to score too. Hopefully Bent and Cole will do the same tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Trampas

Now did John Terry get that goal??

The ball was coming back out and it hit Rochemback leg to go back towards the goal.

I hope this goal is taken back of him.

Crouchs ball was going in anyway with or without the keepers help and he didn't get credited with it.

Woohoo, the Commandos have put Cavan back on top :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

not a bad week by my standards anyway 55 points and a grand total of 602

Brought in 3 united players with an eye on next wks Gameweek where they have two games, O'Shea unfortunately went off at half time but Park and Rooney both did well enough.

I fancy Rooney to bag one against Everton although they are resurgent at the moment..

I was going to transfer Van the man in for Henry for the week that was in it but he's suspended for the first game so not much point there.

Hopefully Thierry will knock in a few against Newcastle's woeful defence (bar Shay in goals of course :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Get Rooney definitely then maybe scholes i also got Yobo as Everton play twice as well and have kept a few clean sheets last few games...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement