Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    Get Rooney definitely then maybe scholes i also got Yobo as Everton play twice as well and have kept a few clean sheets last few games...

Can't see them keeping a clean sheet against Man United. As for Rooney and Scholes, maybe but more than one transfer costs you four points.

And Wigan play twice but its against Man Utd and Chelski!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm annoyed at RVN not being available for 2 games - I was going to set him as captain. I'll keep him in my team though as he's still likely to score more then other players that I have (against wigan).

I've no Wigan players but 3 for west ham, so I'll be hoping the keep some clean sheets. Also I'm gambling on Duncan Ferguson getting his first goal of the season, Scholes to be captain and I'll transfer in Rio Ferdinand before tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

p.pete wrote:
    I'm annoyed at RVN not being available for 2 games
    Have you told him that you're annoyed at him?

B.

p.pete wrote:
    I'm annoyed at RVN not being available for 2 games - I was going to set him as captain. I'll keep him in my team though as he's still likely to score more then other players that I have (against wigan).

I've no Wigan players but 3 for west ham, so I'll be hoping the keep some clean sheets. Also I'm gambling on Duncan Ferguson getting his first goal of the season, Scholes to be captain and I'll transfer in Rio Ferdinand before tomorrow :)

Scholes could be coming into form alright. He tends to have patches where he scores for a few games in a row.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Have you told him that you're annoyed at him?

B.
    He knows how I feel, anyway - it's public now.

• Advertisement

When are the bonus points being added this week? I know there's more games tonight but the points for those games should be added on Thursday or Friday and the points for the games Saturday to Monday should have been added yesterday. Unless my understanding of the rules is wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Do they not all get added at the end of a game week? I thought all games had to be completed before points were added?

shepthedog wrote:
    Do they not all get added at the end of a game week? I thought all games had to be completed before points were added?
    nope, the same situation happened 2 weeks ago and some points were added on Tuesday as normal and the balance added later in the week...

<edit>

hmph! I was wrong :o
    Actim Index bonus
    The top three players in each game according to the Actim Index will receive bonus points. Three bonus points will be awarded to the highest ranked player, two points to the second and a single point to the third. These points will be credited within 48 hours of the last match of the Gameweek.

Rio Ferdinand finally did something and scored and kept a clean sheet!

Lemlin wrote:
    Rio Ferdinand finally did something and scored and kept a clean sheet!

Yeah I know! I was gonna get him in this week but decided against it because he never scores. So I went for Silvestre instead :rolleyes: he only played one game, the game were they conceded.

I had a good week this week, but I've had a couple of bad weeks and slipped down the table. I missed the week were Liverpool played twice and by the looks of it everybody else didn't!!

Some of my transfers have let me down. Harewood being one of them. I get rid of him and then he goes and gets a rake of goals and assists.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

is anyone gonna transfer out there liverpool players for the games they are away and then transfer them back in for the weeks thay are playing two games . would this mean you could have a defenders/midfeilders that end up playing over 38 games resulting in more points.

if so any suggestions for replacements for Carragher and Gerrard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well the obvious thing is to replace all Liverpool players until Dec 26th. Pointless having them in otherwise.

Replacements? King at Spurs? Murphy of Charlton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

gimmick wrote:
    Well the obvious thing is to replace all Liverpool players until Dec 26th. Pointless having them in otherwise.

Replacements? King at Spurs? Murphy of Charlton?
    They only miss one game, I have two players that will be staying put as I don't want to have to bring them back in costing a total of 8 points.

Liverpools games over the Christmas period are handy enough.

Morten Gamst Pedersen for Gerrard. Gets far more assists and just as many goals.

I've just taken out Reina for Dean Kiely. I would have liked to keep him but I need the money to be honest, I'm a bit thin up front with both Horsfield and Duncan Ferguson!

I'm top heavy with United players as well at the minute, after next week I think it could be Scholes out and Fabregas in...

Just gonna sub out Reina and Carragher, it would be madness to sell them considering they only miss one game and they are going so well at moment.

Its a tricky week but with all the games coming up over xmas prob gonna make some changes, get rid of Park and maybe O'Shea too, Uniteds goose is cooked.. Prob bring in Yobo, Ambrose & Gamst Pedersen..

I disagree about United's goose being cooked, though I've 3 of their players so that's too many. I've too many of West Ham too, unfortunately none of them were Zamora...

I subbed out Reina and Carragher for Repka and Carroll. Got rid of Alonso for Stelios of Bolton to free up some funds too.

I'll have at least one player missing this week though because Sunderland aren't playing and Andy Cole went and got himself a ban. He gets me 19 points one week and -1 the next!

ive done a full u turn on selling carrgher and gerrard if i sell them now itll cost me 4 points . if i go to buy them back in 2 weeks i wont be able to as they now cost an extra .6 mill

Lemlin wrote:
    I subbed out Reina and Carragher for Repka and Carroll. Got rid of Alonso for Stelios of Bolton to free up some funds too.

I'll have at least one player missing this week though because Sunderland aren't playing and Andy Cole went and got himself a ban. He gets me 19 points one week and -1 the next!

Thank god I brought in Stelios. Would of been a terrible week but for him scoring two against Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I thought I'd have a terrible week after I bought Yobo in for Carragher (as well as Vassell for Cole), so was -4 from the start. Then Yobo, Repka and Friedle all conceeded 4, and Del Horno was ruled out with an injury today...:(

Good news was two goals from Keane and Jenas at Boro, and Lee was subbed in for Del Horno (and was given an assist). Choosing Rooney as my capt worked a treat, as Lampard only got 2 today and Rooney got 6. And Vassell got two assists!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I thought I'd have a terrible week after I bought Yobo in for Carragher
    I feel your pain on this one as I did the same and was considering Taylor from P'mouth seeing as Harry is back but thought I'd give P'moth a few more weeks to get settled.
    Yobo got me a big fat ZERO, but I was saved on Sunday with jenas & j.cole scoring one each.
    Looking forward to my bonus pts today.

I think anybody in the Spurs defence is out for me for the while...they haven't kept a clean sheet in a good while now.

Best bets for Gameweek 18 for defence I imagine would be Man U, Chelsea, Bolton, and Boro.

I thought I'd have a terrible week after I bought Yobo in for Carragher (as well as Vassell for Cole), so was -4 from the start. Then Yobo, Repka and Friedle all conceeded 4, and Del Horno was ruled out with an injury today...:(

Good news was two goals from Keane and Jenas at Boro, and Lee was subbed in for Del Horno (and was given an assist). Choosing Rooney as my capt worked a treat, as Lampard only got 2 today and Rooney got 6. And Vassell got two assists!!!

Friedel only let in two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:
    Friedel only let in two.

Sorry, my bad.

What made me think that? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

slowly working my way up there. 16th place now.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    slowly working my way up there. 16th place now.
    Holy sh!t, you are doing well.....I've just crept inside 300th place....lets hope I have a good xmas and Henry & Rooney get bags of goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Did anyone else besides me get $crewed by the matches that got called off last night and Lampard not playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Worse still, I subbed Jaaskelinen for Given, and 2 mins later the Newcastle game was postponed.

With Lampard not playing, who gets captain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

No one I'm, afraid.

If your captain does not play then the captaincy does not pass to anyone although he would be subbed out as normal. You simply have no captain for that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

changed henry to my captain, around 7 last night.....and tank god too! :D

would have been a disaster of a week!!!! im catching up...back in the top ten at last :eek:

wardie wrote:
    No one I'm, afraid.

If your captain does not play then the captaincy does not pass to anyone although he would be subbed out as normal. You simply have no captain for that week.

That's not true. If your captain doesn't play the captaincy goes to whomever replaces him. That's why it's always a good idea to have someone half decent as your first sub.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

BaZmO* wrote:
    That's not true. If your captain doesn't play the captaincy goes to whomever replaces him. That's why it's always a good idea to have someone half decent as your first sub.

B.

Don't think that's correct, otherwise we'd see a little (c) beside the sub's name.

Hadn't a great day yesterday apart from Henry. Had Lampard as captain and Reina and Carragher let me down for the first time in weeks.

Still, I'd a great Monday and I'm back on top. Hopefully I'll stay there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

BaZmO* wrote:

B.

See attached.... (especially the automatic substitution:mad: :mad: :mad:)

LK

Last year you captaincy did transfer over but they changed it this year. They mention it in the rules about your captain.

• Advertisement

wardie wrote:
    Last year you captaincy did transfer over but they changed it this year. They mention it in the rules about your captain.

pretty sure your wrong there, it was the same. Captaincy never transferred accross last year because i remember getting screwed over a few times when my captain did not play....

Could be wrong about last year but thought it did transfer.

Any word on whether Lampard is out tomorrow or not ?

Super Gameweek 19. Henry as captain bagged me 32pts on his own.
    61 in total. Didn't get stung by the cancelled games expcept for Stelios. Ireland subbed in.

Chelsea & Liverpool clean sheets for Gameweek 20. I've bought in Crouch as I have a feeling about him knockin in a few against West Brom.

I have to say, since I brought in Joe Cole about 5-6 weeks ago, he has been a star in my team. Gettin MOM perormances every week almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Captaincy doesnt transfer, Lampard stayed on the bench with his (c)

appaling wk 21points( i think) half my team didnt play No Kuqi, Yakubu, Gray Lampard etc....

and i transfered out Kanu last week! :(
    hope this round will be better

King out and Toure in.. Things can only get better this wk, Henry to do the magic again

• Advertisement

Its the first time in a while that I won't be making any transfer this week. Hoping Jenas can do the business for Spurs against Newcastle.

Lemlin wrote:
    Its the first time in a while that I won't be making any transfer this week. Hoping Jenas can do the business for Spurs against Newcastle.
    made a life-changing transfer myself this morning.....:D

REPKA out COLLINS :confused: in (both West Ham) :eek:

just bulking up the subs....now collins no.3 sub. LOL This is goin to be my week i think!!

Made a good decision in GW20 and swapping out VanDS for Reina. Had a funny feeling Bolton would nick one or 2 against Man U. Reina kept the clean sheet.

I'm now forced into an unwanted substitution for GW21. Joe Cole is suspended for 5 yellow cards, so I've bit the bullet and sold him & Henry and with the money Henry brought in plus what I had in the bank, I've gone for Lampard & Rooney and Lampard to be captain. I think Lampard got a few in this fixture last year.

Just as well, cos after Joe Coles performance yesterday I think Mourinho would have dropped him anyway. What was he thinking passing to Crespo in the box when he was 1 on 1 with the keeper. He cost me 5 pts for that decision.

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Made a good decision in GW20 and swapping out VanDS for Reina. Had a funny feeling Bolton would nick one or 2 against Man U. Reina kept the clean sheet.

I'm now forced into an unwanted substitution for GW21. Joe Cole is suspended for 5 yellow cards, so I've bit the bullet and sold him & Henry and with the money Henry brought in plus what I had in the bank, I've gone for Lampard & Rooney and Lampard to be captain. I think Lampard got a few in this fixture last year.

Just as well, cos after Joe Coles performance yesterday I think Mourinho would have dropped him anyway. What was he thinking passing to Crespo in the box when he was 1 on 1 with the keeper. He cost me 5 pts for that decision.

You've two very good keepers. That must be eating up alot of your funds.

Alot of people seem to have gotten rid of Darren Bent. I've stuck with him and think he'll bag a few in their next few games.

So what players is everyone getting rid of and signing because of African Nations?

I have to sell Toure and Yobo so thinking of buying cheap defender and getting Crespo in upfront as he's gonna get a month or so in the Chelsea team.

shepthedog wrote:
    So what players is everyone getting rid of and signing because of African Nations?

I have to sell Toure and Yobo so thinking of buying cheap defender and getting Crespo in upfront as he's gonna get a month or so in the Chelsea team.

mmm dont hink i have ne1 of any importance goin to Africa, mayb one sub (Faye from newcastle - think he's goin not 100%)

If you are looking for cheap defenders who mite grab a few points look at Ramage (Newcastle), Gray (Blackburn), Taylor (Ports), Sun (Man C), Fortune (Charlton). All of these like to attack somewhat and are liable to grab the odd assist or maybe a goal (particularly in Taylors case)

i know Mido is going dont think i want to sell him as i prob wont be able to buy him back. how long will he be gone for?

eoinf wrote:
    i know Mido is going dont think i want to sell him as i prob wont be able to buy him back. how long will he be gone for?

he will be playing this wkend i presume then he flying off, he could be gone for a month!

Eqypt have an easy enough group and should progress to the 1/4 finals (Feb 3rd and 4th) at least and if they get to the final he may not be back til after Feb 10th when the final is been played.

Group A: Egypt (hosts), Côte d'Ivoire, Libya, Morocco

He's playing this weekend but he mightn't score with Liverpool's mean defence. He flys off after the game.

Anyone without henry this week was f*cked.

23 points so 46 if he is your captain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement