Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had him but not as captain. Looks like him and Lampard are now both essential signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Didnt put him as captain.. NIGHTMARE.. had lampard.. Misery.. Bringing in Crespo paid off tho.

shepthedog wrote:
    Didnt put him as captain.. NIGHTMARE.. had lampard.. Misery.. Bringing in Crespo paid off tho.

Yep, I brought in Crespo too. Had a good weekend. All three of my strikers scored, one of my defenders and my goalkeeper kept a clean sheet, and one of my defenders had an assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

What score is leading your league ? I am already in 5 so cant join it.

I have 1305 andam in 29th overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

wardie wrote:
    What score is leading your league ? I am already in 5 so cant join it.

I have 1305 andam in 29th overall.

No. 1 Cavan Commandos Noel Brady 1226 AKA: Lemlin

U sure would be kicking ass in the boards leagues anyways....fair play!!! any chance of a screenshot of ur team!! :):)

Here ya go,

If ya go to the overall table you can see it in 29th spot anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

ugh, nightmare week. had a bit of a knee jerk reaction there. sold lampard and brought in henry. alonso into midfield. hope henry keeps up this scoring run. all i need now is a good result on saturday between liverpool and united and i should be ok. :v:

besty wrote:
    ugh, nightmare week. had a bit of a knee jerk reaction there. sold lampard and brought in henry. alonso into midfield. hope henry keeps up this scoring run. all i need now is a good result on saturday between liverpool and united and i should be ok. :v:

eh bad idea sellinG lampard :eek: :eek: :eek: .....u will regret that one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

wooly69 wrote:
    eh bad idea sellinG lampard :eek: :eek: :eek: .....u will regret that one!!!

You think? I sold him a few weeks ago, got in Gerrard. Havent regretted it yet, Gerrard has outscored him since the transfer. I'd like to have kept Lampard, but exchanging him for Gerrard freed up around £3 million.

You might be right, but I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

6ix wrote:
    You think? I sold him a few weeks ago, got in Gerrard. Havent regretted it yet, Gerrard has outscored him since the transfer. I'd like to have kept Lampard, but exchanging him for Gerrard freed up around £3 million.

You might be right, but I hope not.
    I've managed to have both in my team and not made any sacrafices

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I've managed to have both in my team and not made any sacrafices

I managed to get Lampard and Henry. Happy to have the two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

I heard Henry went off injured the other night. Anyone know how long he's out for?

He only strained his hamstring and as he is being rested this weekend (easy game v Bolton...:eek: ) he should be fit for next Wednesday.

Here's hoping anyway !!!

Any news on if he'll be back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

With Joey Barton handing a transfer request, it might be wise to get rid of him if you have him. I do, though I am unsure whether Pearse will drop him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Yeah, think I'll drop Barton myself. I'm looking at Matt Holland but I'm not sure about him. He's played all of the last four matches but that is possibly due to injuries, Romendahl and Murphy could displace him easy enough. If he keeps his place though they've two double game weeks coming up - any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ditto, dropping Barton this week in favour of Nolan as he is going to have 2 games in week 25. There are a few teams with double games coming up in the next few weeks, so maximise your team with players from these teams and make one of them captain.

I see in Week 27 Man U have no games.

Week 27 is the carling cup final so Utd and Wigan and whoever they were due to play wont have a game that week.

Lot of double weeks coming up, Liverpool, bolton, charlton, Birmingham all have 2 games next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Any news on Thierry?

It appears he is fit. Most places are saying he will be back tomorrow night. With reyes out they dont have much cover !!!

From Arsenal.com
    Arsene Wenger will welcome back Thierry Henry, Robert Pires and Jens Lehmann for the clash with West Ham on Wednesday.
    Wenger has said his side will concentrate on getting a Champions League place after seeing his side go out of both the Carling Cup and the FA cup last week.
    Despite the recent disappointments, Wenger believes the youngsters at the club have shown what they are made of in recent matches and that there are a lot of positives to be taken from recent performances.

"It is frustrating to go out of the Carling Cup and the FA Cup in the last minute in matches but you could not say we had especially bad games. We had room enough to win it both times.

"Still I feel there are a lot of positives. The young boys showed they have character, spirit and quality. We must continue like that.

"We will fight like mad for this [Champions League] place. But at the moment we have to focus on the priorities ? coming back in the Premiership for a decent position.

"And we must be inspired by the type of spirit we have seen," he told the club's official website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

damn bought danny murphy cause charlton had 2 games then he goes and joins tottenham a few hrs later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

why wasnt yakubu started yesterday? is he out of favor?? im gonna selll him i think.

Anyone notice a bit of a glitch. Dawson got sent off but still got 3 points, even though the rest of the Spurs defenders only got 2. That's because he got the 4, because they hadn't let in a goal before he was sent off, and got deducted 3 because he was sent off.

Bit of a glitch if you ask me. Surely he shouldn't get the 4 for keeping a clean sheet if he's sent off.

Doubt Dawson will keep those points..
    As for this wkend, anyone going to bring in any Liverpool or Charlton players this wkend? Gonna look at bringing in maybe Darren Bent or Morientes or possible even fowler..

shepthedog wrote:
    As for this wkend, anyone going to bring in any Liverpool or Charlton players this wkend? Gonna look at bringing in maybe Darren Bent or Morientes or possible even fowler..

I have Bent, Carra and Reina anyway. Liverpool have two games this week and two next week as well.

They've a fixture backlog after going to the World Club Championship.

Is Kewell likely to play both games or will he will rested for one ?

Some of the charlton players are cheap, Fortune at the back, hughes in midfield and M bent up front.

Why was Carra dropped last match? Was it just to give Agger a game or what??

shepthedog wrote:
    Why was Carra dropped last match? Was it just to give Agger a game or what??

Carra given a rest, however this could start a squad rotation plan from raffa, especially now that the pool have a hectic few weeks coming up....:mad:

Already have Hyypia, Stevie G, and Reina along with D.Bent. A few Blackburn players for the next gameweek should come into play fairly nicely too (Gray and pederson) :cool: And perchaps a few "TOP SECRET" inclusions in the weeks to come!!!

CATCHING UP.............:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

shepthedog wrote:
    Nah, he will. Something similar but even more ridiculous happened last season. In a Man City match, Danny Mills gave away a penalty with about 20 minutes to go. At that point, they hadn't conceded a goal, so Mills got points for playing (2) + clean sheet bonus (4) - sending off (-3) = 3 points for the game. The peno was scored, so every other city defender (plus goalkeeper) just got two points, even though Mills (unlike Dawson) was directly responsible for them conceding the goal. He just wasn't on the pitch when the ball went in the net.

It's a bit of a silly situation alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Started off very slowly I did, being in the second half for quite some time, but now i'm gaining ground rapidly as the players who should be coming to form are coming to form :)
    Ronaldo is going to get me ****loads from now on, a great buy for anyone.

Ruud with his 18 goals and 5 assits is just great as captain, then Lampard with his 13 goals and 7 assists is just unreal :) Although I'm strongly considering dropping him unless he preforms against Liverpool this week, hasn't been doing great lately at all

• Advertisement

What's anyone planning to do that had Reina? Transferring him out will cost .4 million.

Its a pity he got sent off. Not only did he get -2 points this week but he misses a second game for Liverpool, and there two games next week.

I have a feeling they'll rest Gerrard tomorrow night, I heard he limped for a bit in the Chelsea match with a slight problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Lemlin wrote:
    I have a feeling they'll rest Gerrard tomorrow night, I heard he limped for a bit in the Chelsea match with a slight problem.

I hope you are wrong about that, I have him as captain and I really need him to play.

digiman wrote:
    I hope you are wrong about that, I have him as captain and I really need him to play.

I have him as captain too. Liverpool have 3 games in the next week though, so I can see him being rested for one. They're playing Charlton at home, Wigan away and then Arsenal at home.

They've a game Saturday week against Man City too.

Anyone have an opinion on whether Mido will play this weekend?

They've got 2 games, and I reckon he'll score if he's playing. I want a new striker and he's around the money I can afford.

I'm just not sure he'll play though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I suppose it depends on how Jol feels about how the travelling has affected him. Plus they're playing away from home and it's only Sunderland so heorethically they shouldn't need to play him. But you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Trampas

Still no bonus points in.

I thought they would have them in by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Trampas wrote:
    Still no bonus points in.

I thought they would have them in by now
    They are in now

Looks like 7 of my squad are out for this gamewk, balls..
    Upson with knee injury, Morten Gamst is doubtful, Tainio out, Yobo African nations, and both my keepers are out, Reina suspended and Carroll out with back injury..
    Fowler going to get first start for pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo is going to get me ****loads from now on, a great buy for anyone.

People should get him before his price goes up, go go go!

United have no game for the next two weeks. Its a bit pointless to buy him now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Im 298th,wooo,but i hadnt touched my account in months,reckon i have a good set up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Christ sake, Gallas and Cunningham didnt play today, nor did Crespo, and I took the captaincy away from Lampard (though Gerrad will hopefully do a job tomorrow). What a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

My team are starting to get some really good points lately, got the most points in the €50 amazon voucher league this months and plan to push on from here :)

Only 160 points behind first place :p

With Morten Gamst looking like being out for 3 wks who are ppl looking to bring in?

Thinking of bringing in Gerrard and buying lower priced striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

good god, a 15point week. this is pathetic.

shepthedog wrote:
    With Morten Gamst looking like being out for 3 wks who are ppl looking to bring in?

Thinking of bringing in Gerrard and buying lower priced striker.

3 weeks!? Where'd you pull that from. According to the official Blackburn site, he's in contention for Spurs next weekend. He only has a slight strain of the hamstring.

This is on the sporting life website:

One problem Hughes has is the loss of Pedersen for at least a fortnight after the midfielder pulled a hamstring in scoring on Saturday.

"We have lost him for a couple of weeks now with a hamstring injury," said Hughes after Pedersen pulled out of Norway's friendly with Senegal in Dakar on Wednesday.

"He is a fit lad and I don't think he's ever pulled a muscle in his life so he was a little bit shocked about that.

"Hopefully it is not too serious. The minimum he will be out for is two weeks but it is likely to be three."

wardie wrote:
    This is on the sporting life website:

One problem Hughes has is the loss of Pedersen for at least a fortnight after the midfielder pulled a hamstring in scoring on Saturday.

"We have lost him for a couple of weeks now with a hamstring injury," said Hughes after Pedersen pulled out of Norway's friendly with Senegal in Dakar on Wednesday.

"He is a fit lad and I don't think he's ever pulled a muscle in his life so he was a little bit shocked about that.

"Hopefully it is not too serious. The minimum he will be out for is two weeks but it is likely to be three."

Damn. The official site said a week. I wouldn't transfer him out anyway, you'd lose too much on his transfer.

Blackburn only have 11 games left though so is it worth keping him if he is only back for 8 of those ?

You would not be able to afford to get him back but may be better to have someone who is playing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement