Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm looking at bringing in a West Ham striker this week as they've a run of reasonably easy games in the next 3 game weeks and then an "extra" match against United. So looking at Harewood or Ashton but not sure which yet.

Any suggestions as to which is more likely to get more time on the pitch or grab more goals? From the last 3 games both have gained similar points and similar time on the pitch, though Ashton is yet to play a full 90 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

p.pete wrote:
    I'm looking at bringing in a West Ham striker this week as they've a run of reasonably easy games in the next 3 game weeks and then an "extra" match against United. So looking at Harewood or Ashton but not sure which yet.

Any suggestions as to which is more likely to get more time on the pitch or grab more goals? From the last 3 games both have gained similar points and similar time on the pitch, though Ashton is yet to play a full 90 minutes...

I'd go with Ashton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Lampard, pederson & Barton all out !!!! Tempted to get in gerrard for lampard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

wardie wrote:

Yep sames problems here, Lampard, Pedersen out and have to get new striker.

Anyone else pondering doing the crazy and selling Henry to reshuffle their team?

Thinking Gerrard, Mido, Yakubu

wardie wrote:

Anyone else pondering doing the crazy and selling Henry to reshuffle their team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

shepthedog wrote:

Got rid of henry there. Rooney in. Steven Davis out. Joe Cole into midfield. Thats no lampard and henry in my team! :confused:

besty wrote:
    Got rid of henry there. Rooney in. Steven Davis out. Joe Cole into midfield. Thats no lampard and henry in my team! :confused:

Rooney hasn't been doing great of late. Hasn't scored too many recently. Playing more in a deeper midfield role than up front.

Lemlin wrote:
    Rooney hasn't been doing great of late. Hasn't scored too many recently. Playing more in a deeper midfield role than up front.
    I still think he is liable to pull his weight and chip in with plenty assists and the like. He is overdue an explosive performance or 2 so I feel his inclusion is worthwhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I made Lampard as my captain :mad: I forgot he wouldn't be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I made Lampard as my captain :mad: I forgot he wouldn't be playing.
    I didn't know he wouldn't be playing.
    Grand total of 27pts. Terrible week. Worst yet.
    I'm in 36th place on All Boards.ie, doing better than expected :)

• Advertisement

Brought in Ronaldo for MGP and Mido for Fowler, Happy Days.. 33 Points from 2 transfers... 68 points overall..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Well anybody who had Gerrard did well out if him this weekend even though he conceeded 2 goals he got 3pts for an assist to Henry's 2nd goal:confused:

He got the assist for Garcia's goal as he had the shot Lehman saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I took Richard Dune out, and put in Zat Knight as its a double game week for Fulham. Dunne scored for man City :( . Had a good enough week still though

Stelios and Rooney you beauties.
    Still, had Ruud as captain and he didn't start - disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Had a good week with Rooney, Stelios and D Bent all doing the business.. Can only imagine what might have been though -- I sold Jenas and Gallas in the last week and had filan on the bench (8points).

You can never win :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

53 points this week,one of the best weeks i`ve had,totally out of the running though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

got 95 this week deciding on a new striker, its between ashton bellamy beattie harewood mido keane with bellamy and harewood my favorites, am 50 points ahead of my mates in a private league and will win some good cash if i stay ahead.

might even buy camara of wigan as he should come good now he's back playing regular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

What's up with the way the bonus points are awarded?

I've seen games where a player gets 3 bonus points for a game where he barely gets a kick of the ball for the whole match and then happens to fluke a goal near the end.

This week Wayne Rooney scored both goals against Newcastle and also played a pretty good game. How many bonus points does he get? NONE!

What the hell is going on?:confused:

why would anyone with any sense buy rooney anyway??
    you can get the same points per game with a far cheaper player like harewood mido camara etc.people tend to put emotion over reason when picking their teams."i think rooneys great and will pay over 11million for him even though thats crap value"
    anyway fergie has said he is gonna rest rooney over next few weeks so he's not burned out by start of next season with all the games including world cup etc.

Anyone know when Wesley Brown will be back? By next weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Lemlin, even if Wes Brown is fit for next weekend it is far from certain he will even start. I'm sure Ferguson is thinking of giving Vidic a run in the side.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Says he is due back the 26th but I would not be too hopeful, knowing Wes Browns previous injury history.

Oh and for me, pretty poor week, all the managers resting players for the FA cup messed me up. Gallas getting sent off didn't help either!

35 points this week,poor to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

63 this week. Putting Bellamy as captain was inspired.

Got 75 the week before. Im on a roll at the mo! By my standrads that is ;)

• Advertisement

evilhomer wrote:
    Lemlin, even if Wes Brown is fit for next weekend it is far from certain he will even start. I'm sure Ferguson is thinking of giving Vidic a run in the side.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Says he is due back the 26th but I would not be too hopeful, knowing Wes Browns previous injury history.

Oh and for me, pretty poor week, all the managers resting players for the FA cup messed me up. Gallas getting sent off didn't help either!

Brown will want a good run to try and force his way into the England World Cup setup though so I can't see Fergie dropping him at the moment. Vidic still has to learn English too AFAIK.

Ferguson will want to put out his strongest team at the moment with Chelsea slipping up too.

Right, just made wholesale changes.

Joe Cole out - Ronaldo in
    Vassell out - Samaras in
    Alonso out - Gerrard in
    Van Nistelrooy - D. Bent

Hopefully these changes can see me home. I'm regretting the Van Nistelrooy one though as I think he will play against Birmingham and bag a few. Still, with him not being an automatic starter anymore, he is too much money tied up.

Sorry to say but samaras is out for 4 weeks with ligament damage.

wardie wrote:
    Sorry to say but samaras is out for 4 weeks with ligament damage.
    Nightmare. Had Bent/Rooney up front today.
    Damn you Gerrard and your red card

That Rooney/Ronaldo goal there padded out my points a bit.
    :D

• Advertisement

besty wrote:
    That Rooney/Ronaldo goal there padded out my points a bit.
    :D
    What Ronaldo Goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Ronaldo assisted rooney's goal.

Damn you Gerrard and Damn that stupid ref for calling off the Pompey match! That pitch was good enough to play on.
    Only have Mido and Saha to play again this week.

anyway fergie has said he is gonna rest rooney over next few weeks so he's not burned out by start of next season with all the games including world cup etc.

Versus
    Lemlin wrote:
    Ferguson will want to put out his strongest team at the moment with Chelsea slipping up too.

I have Rooney so does anybody think he is worth keeping for the next few weeks?

Rooney is playing v well at the moment BUT Fergie has hinted her will recall Ruud for West Ham game..

Looks like Rooney will be rested for WC but maybe not until Chelsea have title wrapped up totally.

At 6.7m I think Fabregas is the next acquisition to my team with Solano making way and freeing up 0.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Absolutely scandalous decision by the powers that be not to give giggs an assist for the free kick he hammered home against birmingham. There was Pighead doing whoops of joy thinking giggsy had bagged him a brace. "Hate to tell you buddy but that free kick was an og by Maik Taylor" Rats I cried but at least i have the assist.
    Checked my points yesterday and giggsy is credited with 1 goal and 0 assists. I've said it before but fcuk it i'm gonna say it again SCANDALOUS!

Pighead wrote:
    Absolutely scandalous decision by the powers that be not to give giggs an assist for the free kick he hammered home against birmingham. There was Pighead doing whoops of joy thinking giggsy had bagged him a brace. "Hate to tell you buddy but that free kick was an og by Maik Taylor" Rats I cried but at least i have the assist.
    Checked my points yesterday and giggsy is credited with 1 goal and 0 assists. I've said it before but fcuk it i'm gonna say it again SCANDALOUS!
    Has to get the assist for that....SURELY....how else did the ball hit off the Taylors head????

I'm hoping Ronaldo gets 2 tonight....I need to pick up some serious points in the next 2 weeks or could face an embarressing situation in work handing out more winnings to my enemies. 100pts to claw back in 8 weeks...possible.

Want Ronaldo to do the business tonight.. 55 points so far and counting ..Its been a good month for me..

Got 77pts for last week. Only disappointment was Ronaldo didn't score at least one goal in the 2 games.
    Gonna stick with him however...just sold Solano for Fabregas and made Stelios capt for the week.
    I'm 93pts from the top of our league in work and the leader has panicked and made 4 subs for this weekend, so thats another 12pts I've clawed back.

Hoping Ronaldo & Joe Cole can score at the weekend but their teams only draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I just toook a huge decesion.
    Took out Lampard, as I should have done yonks ago, and put in Henry. I betcha Lampard will return to form for the rest of the season now

I got rid of Lampard last week too, bought stelios. Will have to get Henry in this week.

PHB wrote:
    I just toook a huge decesion.
    Took out Lampard, as I should have done yonks ago, and put in Henry. I betcha Lampard will return to form for the rest of the season now

I got rid of Lampard ages ago. Can't even remember the last time had had a decent week. Brought in Gerrard who's two million or so cheaper and has been outscoring him for ages.

How anyone hasn't had Henry up to now is beyond me, he regularly gets you near 30 points if you have him as captain. He's got me 20 so far this week and I'd say he'll get another 4 at least from bonus points.

I didn't Henry because he is just so damm expensive. I've had Ruud in there all season, and it's been annoying for me over the last couple of weeks.

Now I've got quite a formidable points line up which I think will see out the season for me.

Friedal

Ferdinand - King - Perry

Ronaldo - Ireland - Solano - S. Reid

Keane - Van Nist - Henry

Yep, its nearly all going into the attack force :)

PHB wrote:
    I didn't Henry because he is just so damm expensive. I've had Ruud in there all season, and it's been annoying for me over the last couple of weeks.

Now I've got quite a formidable points line up which I think will see out the season for me.

Friedal

Ferdinand - King - Perry

Ronaldo - Ireland - Solano - S. Reid

Keane - Van Nist - Henry

Yep, its nearly all going into the attack force :)

What position are you in at the moment? I was thinking about bringing in Keane but I can't bring myself to get rid of Bellamy. Both are in great form at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Is Arsenal's game against Portsmouth going to be next Wednesday night or when?

If Arsenal get through tomorrow might then yes it is on next week. If Arsenal get knocked out then it will be on the start of May.

I'm currently in 15th, I had a slow start unfortunately

PHB wrote:
    I'm currently in 15th, I had a slow start unfortunately

you dog,i am 274th,theres always next season i suppose

• Advertisement

wardie wrote:
    If Arsenal get through tomorrow might then yes it is on next week. If Arsenal get knocked out then it will be on the start of May.

You must of slipped alot Wardie. Weeks ago you were well ahead of me but last time I checked the gap was only 3 points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement