Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Had a couple of average weeks all right.

currently in position 375 overall with 1836 pts after yesterdays games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wardie wrote:
    Had a couple of average weeks all right.

currently in position 375 overall with 1836 pts after yesterdays games.

I've overtaken ya so. I'm on 1852 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Lemlin wrote:
    I've overtaken ya so. I'm on 1852 now.

Don't suppose you would give the rest of us a chance and buy some sunderland players :D

evilhomer wrote:
    Don't suppose you would give the rest of us a chance and buy some sunderland players :D

Its not over yet. I'm only 40 points or so ahead which is nothing with 4 or 5 gameweeks left. Its going to be tricky over the next few weeks with the rescheduling of fixtures and stuff like that too, people could start to pick up extra points by transferring in the right players.

How come you quit your blog by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ronaldo and Harewood out,
    Gamst Pedersen and Bellamy in.
    Come on Blackburn!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Sold Ronaldo with United playing Sunderland today? I expect him to bag a goal or couple of assists..

Bellamy has been outstanding recently...

Brought in Spector as cheap defender to compensate for Pool, Arse not playing next gameweek. Also McFadden as cheap Mid..

besty wrote:
    Ronaldo and Harewood out,
    Gamst Pedersen and Bellamy in.
    Come on Blackburn!

Can't see why you sold Ronaldo either. I'd expect him to score or at least get an assist against Sunderland tonight. Blackburn have Liverpool and I'm not expecting them to get much from that game.

Lemlin wrote:
    Can't see why you sold Ronaldo either. I'd expect him to score or at least get an assist against Sunderland tonight. Blackburn have Liverpool and I'm not expecting them to get much from that game.
    He was still in my side for tonight. The transfer doesn't kick in until next game week

**Sorry, just realised that tonight was the start of the gameweek so he did go. In hindsight, not a bad thing really!**

anyone know how long Mido is out for?? Another game wk starting tomorrow!

Not sure. Its his ankle playing up but so might be back by next week.

• Advertisement

Rooney redeeming himself as my captain today against Spurs.
    Pity my gamble on bringing Gamst Pedersen and Bellamy in yesterday didn't pay off.

Anyone thinking of bringing in some Middlesboro players for next gamewk? they have 3 games. But what players to bring in? Now that they are out of the fa cup they may focus more on league..

Middlesborough will surely focus on the UEFA cup, not sure when second leg is on, so they may well rest players in the league.

Arsenal, depending on tomorrow night, could be resting players while other teams are likely to give their squad players a game (e.g bolton rested nolan on saturday)

Blackburn will be looking to win both games so they'll play everyone but I couldn't guarantee too many others will althugh utd probably will too.

Tim Cahill out for six weeks!!! Gonna have to sub him out... Looking at bringing back Pedersen or Nolan..

Djibril Cisse...Who would have thought it!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Anyone know why Giannakopoulos wasn't playing last week? Hope he's playing this gameweek. Don't want to have to trade him off.

I think Stelios will play this wkend, Bolton have two games and are still going to European spot... Nolan was also rested I think with these two games in mind.. Both had played alot of football this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

An Irish guy is leading the whole league at the moment. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Is Senderos still injured? I was thinking about bringing in eithe rhim or Eboue. Who do people think is more likely to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

What's the name of your team Triton mate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Senderos should be back and no real worry about Wenger resting players now.

senderos is out for another week at least, he wont be involved in this weeks games. Eboue should be playing.

I'm sitting on 1980 points with Henry's 16 as captain yet to be added. Hopefully he'll score again so I can break the 2000 mark today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Up to 6th after the game last night, had Lampard and Reid so got a tidy few points......my team is having a strong finish to the season

Have 2031 after last nights games. Hopefully henry can put another few in tomorrow night !!

Have 2053 now and expecting Henry and Gerrard to add a few bonus points later today. 63 ahead in the Boards Amazon €50 league so I think that voucher has my name on it :)

good stuff Lemlin, I have 2055 without the bonus now. A strange week to finish now though as a lot of teams will rest players like West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Blackburn and any other amount of mid table leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

108 points last week. As usual too little too late. :)
    Super consistancy from you Lemlin all season!

I'm not sure about that Homer. I had a few poor weeks there where I was lucky that I was so far ahead. At one point the gap was down to less than 30 points.

• Advertisement

Finished top of the Boards Amazon €50 league by 64 points and top of the Boards.ie league by 19 points. Also, won leagues among my mates, the Newstalk 106 league and the Official Blackburn Rovers site league.

Not bad for my first season playing the game :)

Well done lemlin, what point total did you finish up with ? Henry and a few clean sheets in the last week helped me to finish up with 2138.

Are you going to set a league up for the World cup competition ? I think it statrs on the website mid may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

1554 i ended up with,better luck next season,i hope

I finished up on 2125.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Lemlin wrote:
    Finished top of the Boards Amazon €50 league by 64 points and top of the Boards.ie league by 19 points. Also, won leagues among my mates, the Newstalk 106 league and the Official Blackburn Rovers site league.

Not bad for my first season playing the game :)
    well done,dont blow all that prize money now;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Came in 6th which is respectable for my first season, onwards and upwards next season. This time I will remember to transfer players out, not like this season where I forgot for a month at one stage:eek:

• Advertisement

Well done Lemlin, that's very impressive. I ended up with 1704, not bad but not great either. Some terrible transfers from me throughout the season cost me but sure, hopefully that'll stand me in good stead for next season!

county wrote:
    well done,dont blow all that prize money now;)

It ain't all about money, it's all about winning in my book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Well done Lemlin....the game continues.

I did deadly only made 4 transfers during the window and left it at that.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I never got my team up and running at the start of the season, alas.
    Any Boards World Cup fantasy tournament??

I never got my team up and running at the start of the season, alas.
    Any Boards World Cup fantasy tournament??

Everyone who entered can use their team int he world cup one they doing on 15th May.

Is there any other decent ones like the above?

kdjac

• Advertisement

Out with the old and in with the new, Lemlin did you get your prize?

kdjac

Prize has yet to be received. With the current rate of inflation in Ireland, by the time it is received it'll be useless :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lemlin wrote:
    Prize has yet to be received. With the current rate of inflation in Ireland, by the time it is received it'll be useless :(

Surely coming on PM and abusing me was enough for you. I quite reasonably explained that the prize is in Ireland and I am in england, as soon as I get a chance to retrieve it, you will have it. If that is not good enough for you and if as you say on this thread it is not about the money then I can hang on to it and give it to the guy who is patient and came in second place whoever that may be. In the meantime, have you chased up the copy of pro evo that was promised for winning ? I bet you haven't mainly because you have absolutely no gripe with the person who offered it.

Why don't you PM him too and DEMAND that they change it for a copy of a different game as you did with the voucher I put up as a prize.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement