Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

having trouble logging in anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Pretty average start - 26 points. Having Riise as my captain when he didn't play did the damage.
    Same as that — although he's not my captain, that's Lampard, who I hope has a stormer today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The trick seems to be picking an mix of a litle more average players. If you look at the overall table for everyone on premierleague.com, theres a couple of people on 68 point. They seem to have a better spread from accross the league. a couple of them still have terry or lampard to play today aswell.

I got 29 yesterday.

Stekelly wrote:
    The trick seems to be picking an mix of a litle more average players. If you look at the overall table for everyone on premierleague.com, theres a couple of people on 68 point. They seem to have a better spread from accross the league. a couple of them still have terry or lampard to play today aswell.
    After a few matches things will settle down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

I wasn't able to log in there earlier cos of the traffic on the site and I come on here and see this! 3 lousy points! I was worried for a second but it's 35!

Looking to be a good league - Any chance of a hosted forum for discussion about the league? I know there is a forum thing on there but it ain't great.

apologies! bit of a faux pas there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wooh! only just checked now, pretty happy with 2nd place with henry still to play. Though others are in the same boat, except with a few chelsea lads, so just praying lamps doesn't score!

Was thinking, is there a way to cheat by playing sombody on the saturday and then subbing them for someone playing on the sunday thereby getting the points for 12 players?

Dammit just realised if King wasn't injured id have had another 5 or 6!

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Was thinking, is there a way to cheat by playing sombody on the saturday and then subbing them for someone playing on the sunday thereby getting the points for 12 players?
    No, gameweek 1 closed at 11.30am on Saturday, so any substitutions made for example today will not come into force until gameweek 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote:
    Lads does anybody have the code for the "off the ball" newstalk league...?

Did anyone reply to you yet?

Here's the Newstalk Code

251615-38958

I tried PMing you, but you can't receive PMs for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fact is that there were alot of 0-0 draws in the PL this weekend. Alot more than usual. That meant that teams with cheap defenders from average teams like Birmingham, West Brom and Fulham, who normally wouldn't keep clean sheets, got points for clean sheets.

This won't happen other weeks and, as pointed out above, the whole thing will even itself out in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Shamrok wrote:
    No, gameweek 1 closed at 11.30am on Saturday, so any substitutions made for example today will not come into force until gameweek 2.

Ah thats good. Would be far too much tactics and hassle involved if had to keep coming on subbing people!

Come on Henry, get me some of those sweet sweet points!

Does anyone know does Tal Ben Haim usually make the starting 11 for Bolton? he did in preseason and looking at their squad (imo) he should..era wont matter once ledly is back, which i hope is soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bastard Jenas just got himself sent off.

Can't login at the minute but hopefully Drogba will get an assist for heading the ball down for Crespo.

Don't know why Gamst Pedersen didn't get one yesterday because he took the corner that Todd scored from.

Was impressed with Bullard today too, looked good for a cheap midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Benayoun was a steal. :) 2 great assists yesterday. Why didn't Ronaldo play for Man U?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah i had benayoun. but pretty the entire west ham midfield had good point-scoring weeks. reo-coker and especially etherington..

i think ronaldo picked up a small knock in training?

havent been able to log in all weekend. nightmare gagging to find out how the lads on the team got on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

points updated on players but not on team , i should have 53 points and 3 players didnt play :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    points updated on players but not on team , i should have 53 points and 3 players didnt play :)

kdjac
    Click on your team, then gameweek 1. Bottom of the page should say Gameweek 1 Total: 53 Points (Provisional).

Bloody stupid. Duff goes off in the 59th minute and they don't give the 2 extra points (4 points if captain as in my case) for playing at least 60 minutes. :rolleyes: I blame Mourinho. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:
    Click on your team, then gameweek 1. Bottom of the page should say Gameweek 1 Total: 53 Points (Provisional).

Bloody stupid. Duff goes off in the 59th minute and they don't give the 2 extra points (4 points if captain as in my case) for playing at least 60 minutes. :rolleyes: I blame Mourinho. :mad:

Nope says 33 but when you add up the players points it 53.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im lon 29 points at the moment. not the best start. coulve done with Davids playin for Tottenham. no robbie fowler either. ah well

someone tell me. whats the deal with transfers now? can they be done or what?and whats the deal if someone in your first team doesnt play? does the pc auto sub one of the other players who does play in???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mines eleven lemons. Am i in? didnt realise i hadnt posted in here. What am i supposed to do with the number tftf pm'd me?

i'm so confused.

• Advertisement

go to "manage leagues" and then put in the code and click ok or whatever the button says

evad_lhorg wrote:
    someone tell me. whats the deal with transfers now? can they be done or what?and whats the deal if someone in your first team doesnt play? does the pc auto sub one of the other players who does play in???????
    Yes, at 11.30am on Saturday Gameweek 1 ended/closed, so any transfers made after then will not be valid until Gameweek 2. However, note that you may only make one transfer per gameweek for free. Every subsequent transfer you make will cost you four points, so deal carefully there.
    evad_lhorg wrote:
    and whats the deal if someone in your first team doesnt play? does the pc auto sub one of the other players who does play in???????
    If one of your outfield selected players does not play, he might be automatically substituted by the first ranked substitute as long as the formation allows it. Goalkeepers will be automatically substituted no matter what.

Here are the main rules from the site:

Squad selection
    A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Squads must consist of:
    • 2 Goalkeepers
    • 5 Defenders
    • 5 Midfielders
    • 3 Forwards
    You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed 100 million. The value of each player can be found here.

Formations
    From your 15 player-squad you select 11 players to form your team each Gameweek. Only starting or automatically substituted players will earn points for your team. Your team can play in any formation providing one goalkeeper and at least three defenders and one forward are selected.

To change your formation simply select your chosen eleven players on the My Team page. The computer will automatically chose your formation based on the players you have selected.

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a defender as an attacker.

Captains
    You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek. You can change your captain at any time, though the change will not take affect until the next deadline.

If your captain does not play then the bonus will be lost. Another player will not take over the captaincy in his place.

Automatic substitutions
    If your goalkeeper plays no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will substitute him for your replacement goalkeeper, if he played in the Gameweek.

If any of your outfield players play no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing him with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules. You can change your substitution priorities on the My Team page.

Automatic substitutions are applied at the end of the Gameweek, when all matches have been played.

Deadlines
    Fantasy Premier League is divided into Gameweeks. Any changes to your team (substitutions, transfers, captain changes, substitution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline to take effect for that set of matches.

Scoring
    During the season, the fantasy football players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in the matches. Only official Barclays Premiership games are included.

The Points will be calculated using data provided to us by the Press Association. Neither we nor the Press Association will enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to players. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this data.

Assists
    First Assists

These are awarded to a team-mate making the last pass before a goal is scored. If an own goal is scored there is no assist.

If a goalkeeper does not have control of the ball and parries a shot or drops a cross or the ball rebounds off the woodwork, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues.

In the event of a penalty, the player earning the penalty gets an assist if the it is successfully scored, but not if he takes it himself in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal.

No assist is given to a player who simply touches the ball sideways from a free kick, or to the penalty taker when penalties are saved or come back off the woodwork before a goal is scored.
    An assist is only given if the pass from the free kick enhances the opportunity to score.

Also, if during a pass to a team-mate that results in a goal, an opposing player significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball, then no assist is given.

Second Assists
    If an additional player makes a significant contribution before a goal is scored, then that player is awarded a second assist. This would involve having a major influence in the move either directly before or after the first assist.

Actim Index bonus
    The top three players in each game according to the Actim Index will receive bonus points. Three bonus points will be awarded to the highest ranked player, two points to the second and a single point to the third. These points will be credited on a Tuesday for Weekend and Monday matches and on a Thursday for Tuesday and Wednesday matches.

Actim Index is the official player rating system of the Barclays Premiership.

Transfers
    After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market. Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next deadline. Free transfers are not carried over from week to week.

All transfers before the season starts are made at no cost.

Player prices vary during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player values will not change until the season starts.

If you sell a player for a higher price than you paid, then a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest 0.1 million) will be applied on the profits. For example, if you buy a player for 4.2 million and when you transfer him his value is 4.5 million then you will only receive 4.3 million.

Leagues
    Your team does not play matches against other teams. Instead, each team competes in a number of leagues. These are:

• The overall league involving all registered teams
    • A league for fellow managers from your country
    • A league for supporters of your favourite Barclays Premiership team (optional)
    • Private leagues with your friends and colleagues (optional)
    • Public leagues with other Fantasy Premier League players (optional)
    Each team can be in up to 5 private leagues and 1 public league. Points are awarded after each game as explained above. In the event of a tie between teams in a league, the team who has made the least transfers will be positioned higher.

Phases
    Each league is run on a monthly and season basis allowing managers to aim for a manager of the month title even when the overall championship is beyond them. Any transfer point deductions in the gameweek before a phase starts (e.g. Gameweek 7 for October) won't be deducted from the phase score.

I've 49 points provisionally at the minute. Pretty happy with that seeing as Fridel had a bad weekend and none of my midfield scored, despite having Pedersen, Lampard and Gerrard who are all usually worth a goal.

Btw, what's the craic on people joining after the whole thing has started? I've a league going with some of my mates but more want to join, is it possible for them to?

Lemlin wrote:
    Btw, what's the craic on people joining after the whole thing has started? I've a league going with some of my mates but more want to join, is it possible for them to?
    Of course they can join your league. If you wanted to make it fairer, so that nobody has missed points, you could have it starting from gameweek 2 or 3 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

eirebhoy wrote:
    Why didn't Ronaldo play for Man U?

Hamstring injury, should be ok for next week.

Poor week for me only 39 points, Lampard not playing very well didn't help (My Captain).
    Gerrard should have scored about 6 against Midelsbrough :(

Still a long, long way to go yet.

what's the deal with fowler does anyone know? is he just a sub for the season?

also what about Davids????

davids came on in a preseason a game lst week played well by all accounts . Hewas injured in training the day after. Jol reckons himself Keane and Young Ledders should be back in at most a forthnight

I really dont get wtf is goin on. how come everything changed in the leagues so much tonight? I was second after todays game in one of my leagues and now im back to 5th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I really dont get wtf is goin on. how come everything changed in the leagues so much tonight? I was second after todays game in one of my leagues and now im back to 5th?

Positions at the weekend are provisional. Some teams had players who didn't play, after the game weeks fixtures are all finished, they swap subs for non-playing first teamers. I got extra points for Andy O'Brien being subbed on for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

51 points and joint 27th position. Happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

54 points and joint 12 not a bad way to start the league and thats with Lampard & Gerrard not getting many points.

But things could change depending on the Actim Stats bonus points issue on Tuesday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I havent posted on this thread yet so just to let you all know my team is called "Dalkey utd on tour".

I did very well after the Saturday games but didn’t too so good on the Sunday. If duff had played another 30 seconds I would have got two more points. As it is I ended up with 54 points and im in joint 12th. It’s a reasonable start but it could have been better. If Gera hadnt have missed a sitter that would have been more points for me too. Great choice making Paul Robinson my captain for this week. He ended up with 14 points for the week.

Ill have to think of any changes that may be needed for next week but im happy enough with my start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

The league i unavailable on the site until later in the week, does anybody have a screen shot of the league??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I got 49 pts which I think was o.k. considering only 9 of my team played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

I got 44, not great but my midfield 4 only got 6 between them, such ****. If i can get that sorted out my team will be alot better, change formation for the next game but keep the same players, if they play **** again i'll have to dip into the transfer market and shake things up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Whats the story with Carvalho? He's not listed as injured and he wasn't even on the Chelsea's subs bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I cant get logged on half the morning....says there is 2 many people already logged on.......also when I did get logged on for 5 mins earlier it says league is unavailable.....

Ya, Big Nelly, thats the situation. I am in now and while you can see your points total the leagues themselves are "temporarily unavailable".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamie_jj69

cant get onto the website at the min.... can any1 post the league table???

• Advertisement

The current league table is posted below but this will change tomorrow when the Actim Index stats are applied as well:

1 the cheese graters james brazil 62 62
    The Old Lady Ivan Tononi 57 57
    3 Newry bastards! Agent Smith 56 56
    4 Kdjac Athletic Anthony Byrne 55 55
    The No-Hopers Andrew Lowth 52 52
    Remi Moses FC Darren Skelton 52 52
    7 (NRG)Big Nelly Neil Brady 51 51
    dundalkfc Stephen McEvoy 51 51
    9 The Clowns Sean Ahern 50 50
    Rebel Army P Horan 50 50
    9 Board@Work UTD Mark O'Rorke 50 50
    9 Carradonna's Stephen Kelly 50 50
    9 Chubbz Alliance steven dek 50 50
    9 Jive My Turkey Jivin Turkey 50 50
    15 Team Soccer Squadron Dave Willoughby 49 49
    15 Cavan Commandos Noel Brady 49 49
    17 liverfool Martin Halvey 48 48
    18 Irish Red's Fc Phenom Phenom 47 47
    18 Stan Collymore Dogs Doctor EdgeWild 47 47
    18 Town Brian Martin 47 47
    18 Sporting Club Howyas Ronan Farrell 47 47
    22 Madas Machines Paul Mathews 46 46
    22 Bruckless Celtic Pauric Mc Brearty 46 46
    22 Balderdash Owen Mills 46 46
    25 eirebhoy's XI Gearoid Walsh 45 45
    25 The anti keoghser sio O'Hare 45 45
    25 The Sticky McGinty's Vinny Lawlor 45 45
    25 Thanx 4 The Fish Thanx 4 The Fish 45 45
    29 Burke United Brian Burke 44 44
    29 Sofa King Utd. Barry Clancy 44 44
    29 Oul Wan Rovers Derrick Dowd 44 44
    32 Nakamura-san Stephen Carrig 43 43
    33 The All-Out Strikers Shamrok / Brian 42 42
    33 Vin diesel david brock 42 42
    33 Zuppy's Tail D W 42 42
    33 Mayordenis denis walsh 42 42
    33 Man Yoo FC Niall Best 42 42
    33 The Hanging Sheep Mark Dodd 42 42
    39 The Big Bollixes Richie Spearin 41 41
    39 RiskBreakers Stuart Bell 41 41
    39 FC United Keith Nolan 41 41
    42 Mad Gooners Paul Kane 40 40
    42 D Floating CrowBars Eddie Gallagher 40 40
    42 Highfield Utd Johnny fox 40 40
    45 Chocoholics DamoRed YNWA 39 39
    45 The Real Reds Alan Fogarty 39 39
    45 The Evilhomers ed kenny 39 39
    45 Damo's Toffees Damian Scott 39 39
    45 TheTeamRomarioBuilt Juan Pablo Edmundo 39 39
    45 Eleven Lemons Chucky the tree 39 39
    51 Divorce Referendum Brendan Tinnelly 39 39
    52 The Untouchables Ronan Carroll 38 38
    52 IncBulks XI Barry Bolton 38 38
    52 Champions elect Jamie Costello 38 38
    55 Athletico United Bernard Woods 37 37
    56 Team Killers J B 34 34
    57 Red XI Rob Wright 33 33
    58 FancyPants Martin Broaders 32 32
    58 Eazy E's Bees Knees The_ B_Man 32 32
    58 Pointy Birds Richard . 32 32
    61 Dinamo Damo Damien Walsh 31 31
    Nexus 442 Killian Devitt 29 29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

not a good start

137 Got mashed potatoes David Walsh 41 41

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    not a good start

137 Got mashed potatoes David Walsh 41 41
    RE*AC*TOR,why are you not listed above? Check your PMs from Friday morning.

didn't get any PMs friday morning (or regarding this topic at all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm not listed either :confused:
    Replied to your pm Shamrock and posted on the thread

121 utd_scum Michael Ryan 42 42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Oops, didnt realise there was a seperate league for the Amazon voucher,i know it's too late to join the competition now but am i allowed to just join for the craic (ie join but not get anything even if i win?). Doesn't really matter,don't expect to win anyways, did have a good enough week though, got 57 points.

Edit : My team are TheKnightsWhoSayNi BTW

• Advertisement

Sorry, my fault.

no worries... cheers :)

Rabies wrote:
    I'm not listed either :confused:
    Replied to your pm Shamrock and posted on the thread

121 utd_scum Michael Ryan 42 42
    You have to add the code to the FF site, Rabies
    hoolio wrote:
    Oops, didnt realise there was a seperate league for the Amazon voucher,i know it's too late to join the competition now but am i allowed to just join for the craic (ie join but not get anything even if i win?). Doesn't really matter,don't expect to win anyways, did have a good enough week though, got 57 points.
    Sorry, hoolio, only those who entered details before the deadline are eligible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

No problemo Shamrok, i'll delete myself from the league.

hoolio wrote:
    No problemo Shamrok, i'll delete myself from the league.
    There seems to be some confusion here, Hoolio. You should have received a PM from T4TF last Friday regarding the amazon league. If you didn't PM me. Do not delete yourself from anything yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement