Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

So one sub a week is free?

Also what happens with United and West Ham not playing this week? Is that just tough luck or can u transfer them? I'm bit confused.

Also can u change your formation? To include more strikers than defenders etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

check us out!

fourth best league!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

Shamrok wrote:
    He might be auto subbed in if one of your XI did not start.
    He was! Beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wont have a great time in game week 3 as Neither of my goalies are playin and i have rooney , hyppia and heinze out too.

I think everyone is in the same boat. 7 games are going ahead so that means 6 teams aren't playing. Man Utd and Liverpool aren't. I know Wigan, Charlton and West Ham aren't too. Not sure who the other team is.

With United and Liverpool not playing though, I'm sure alot of people will have players who aren't in action. I think only about five of my team are.

So one sub a week is free?

Not one sub, one transfer. Each transfer after the first one costs you four points.

Also can u change your formation? To include more strikers than defenders etc.?

You can play whatever formation you like as long as you play at least 3 defenders and at least one striker. I'm playing a 3-4-3 at the minute. You can change your formation by just taking off players and replacing them with others from a different position. For example, if you're playing a 4-4-2 and you take off a midfielder for a striker, you'll automatically change to 4-3-3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

A thousand curses on Carvalho and his big mouth. :mad:

Not only is he dropped but his valuation has fallen to 6.8m which means I can't replace him with another Chelsea defender. Which means two substitutions and a four point penalty. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Bonus points seem to be issued now. Got 3 each for Defoe and Alonso.

damn 34th is driving me mad. I keep stayin there. got shag all bonus points today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

3 bonus points for Duff. I always knew he was Chelsea's most effective player. ;) I've had a terrible start anyway.

Thanks for the clarification on the 'transfer' system.
    The transfer system of paying 4 points extra for each player is dodgy after the first. I dunno if its worth it. I suppose thats the gamble. If u think a player will get u 4 points or more. By the way, should we use be discussing the game here, or on the forum that belongs to the league on the premierleague site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i changed ma team name to ladies man players is this against the rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It's probably against the Bad Teamname rule :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

God dammit, i have Horsefield, but opted for Forsell and Henry up front instead. got a mere 4 between them, while horsfield heads off and gets 12 points on his own!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

I can't imagine that many people will be getting high points this week. I have Van der sar out and carroll can't replace him so not going to buy a new keeper which will cost me 4 points which he probably won't get and will only have to buy him back in a week so waste of points imo.
    Hopefully Kanu and Flitcroft will start this week (not holding my breath), this might get over the problem of Rooney and Ronaldo not playing this week. I just think that it is a waste of time trasnferring these players and then buy them back again next week.
    Same problem again in week 4, as 3 of my chelsea players are not playing. I am going to sell Drogba next week anyway so that won't be to bad. Although if he scores a few goals tonight I might change my mind. Don't rate him that high of a striker and the way Chelsea are, he probably won't get many full games this year anyway so not really worth having considering his high cost.

I'm second at the minute! Weekend went brilliant except for having Gerrard as my captain: 0 points. Besides that, all three of my strikers scored, all three of my defenders kept clean sheets, one of my midfielders had an assist and one of the others scored and had an assist too. At least I've got Cavan into the top five, go on the Commandos!

I've only 2 of my defenders, 3 midfielders and 2 strikers playing for this gameweek so I don't expect to pick up too many points. Here's hoping Andy Cole can knock in a hat trick against Sunderland tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Looks like Gerrard might be out for a few weeks cause of injury. Got to get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

digiman wrote:
    Same problem again in week 4, as 3 of my chelsea players are not playing.

Are you sure about that?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/fixture.mc?event=4

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭KingEric

Chelsea are playing in gameweek 4. Its Arsenal & Liverpool who are not playing that week...

Sorry about that, for some reason I though Chelsea are not playing in Week 4, not sure why but thats a relief as I didn't want to have 3 Chelsea players sitting on the bench!

Looks like Gerrard might be out for a few weeks cause of injury. Got to get rid of him.

He hasn't exactly been setting the world alight anyway. He got three points in week 1 and 0 this week. A poor start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭KingEric

Lemlin wrote:
    He hasn't exactly been setting the world alight anyway. He got three points in week 1 and 0 this week. A poor start.

He has had a poor start but his value has still increased by 0.1m which i dont understand! Just makes things awkward if you want to buy him back later cos when you sell him you only get the £9m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

but gerrards price has gone up????? sell him for 9.0 this week and you cant buy him back for 9.0 as hes 9.1 grrrr rooneys gone up aswell but thats to be expected hes had 2 decent weeks

has anyone had a look at the todayfm fantasy football thing? looks a bit ridiculously easy to get a great team - and you get points for team wins for each player as well.. dont have a single dodgy player on mine, if had that team for This fantasy football league would be unstoppable!

Thats weird with the gerrard thing...anything to do with his Motm display against Boro?

Thats weird with the gerrard thing...anything to do with his Motm display against Boro?

Alot of the papers gave him MOTM against Boro but he didn't get any Actim bonus points. I'd imagine it had more to do with the fact that he could of scored a hat-trick, people probably then thought he was good to knock in a few goals. Which he usually is.

ah screw it. i only have nine of my players available for the midweek matches.

and it doesnt helo that out of three that played today, two of them play for birmingham :(

im praying lampard has a blinder tomorrow and hopefully tugay can score another. Defoe should be a definite score tomorrow too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A clean sheet and goal from Queudrue, two assist from Cole, and Welsh and O'Brien both played. 7 more to play tomorrow... :D

two assist from Cole

I thought Cole got two assists two but, according to the site, he got one and Barton got the other. Doesn't bother me as I have both though. Cole did pick up a yellow card though so that's 1 point gone.

Other than that, I had Nosworthy playing. I've 5 to play tonight but I'm not expecting much from Friedel or Gamst Pedersen against Tottenham.

Here's to Chelsea beating West Brom 5-0 with Droga getting a hat-trick and Terry and Lamps scoring!!

Lemlin wrote:
    I thought Cole got two assists two but, according to the site, he got one and Barton got the other. Doesn't bother me as I have both though. Cole did pick up a yellow card though so that's 1 point gone.

During the match the Beeb had him down for both assists, and after the game the FPL site gave him 7 points. They changed it to 4 later. Grrrrrrrr...

Still, 20 points was a good haul, I've shot up the lederboard in most of the leagues I'm in.

Top of the thumped cup, 7th in the all boards league, 22nd in the pigsback league (up from 12x), 3rd in the boards amazon league, and 2nd in my own saps league.

During the match the Beeb had him down for both assists, and after the game the FPL site gave him 7 points. They changed it to 4 later. Grrrrrrrr...

Still, 20 points was a good haul, I've shot up the lederboard in most of the leagues I'm in.

Soccernet had him down for the first assist too and it looked last night on Sky that he had made the last pass. Will have to look into it.

Indeed it was, I only managed half that last night. Btw, is it still possible that I could join the Pigsback league and carry over all my points or would I start with zero if I joined it now?

I'm already in five leagues but could leave one.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:

Indeed it was, I only managed half that last night. Btw, is it still possible that I could join the Pigsback league and carry over all my points or would I start with zero if I joined it now?

I *think* you can join leagues after the start and retain your points, but in the case of pigsback they may have required you to register before the league started through their site. Can't remember.

in regards the steve g value i found out value goes up according to transfers in and out so steve g had a blinder against boro and ff managers though, oh ill stick him in my team, so his value went up, surely over the next two weeks with him injured and not playing ppl will drop him and his value will go down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Take it wrote:
    in regards the steve g value i found out value goes up according to transfers in and out so steve g had a blinder against boro and ff managers though, oh ill stick him in my team, so his value went up, surely over the next two weeks with him injured and not playing ppl will drop him and his value will go down?

His value has already gone down! back to 9.0 million

I swaped him for downing who got an assist last night. 5 more playing tonight. I need a big performance of Henry. A lot of teams dont have him compared to last year.

Well Henry def performed for u 2nite!
    This week i only got about 25 points but thats without the actim index yoke. Surprised defoe didnt score. Are we on week 4 now, can we make free transfer yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Lampard got more points than Henry though

Yeah you can make the transfer now

who is sporting lesbians hes top of on the ball aswell!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

made a few changes to my team as the original line up was quite frankly a load of bollocks

Fantastic week for me, 76 points (and the Actim points still to be added)

Friedel
    Terry
    Queudrue
    Lampard
    Henry
    Cole

All did the business.

2nd in the amazon league, 6 points off the bonzai_superstars. C'mon the howyas!

You've overtaken me then, I was in second. Can't get in at the minute to see where I am now. Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Friedel and Lampard all did the business for me. Hoping to pick up a few Actim points too.

Come on the Commandos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We are currently experiencing exceptional usage levels. New servers will be installed later this week. Thanks for your patience.

There has been an unexpected problem processing your request. Please use the site navigation to return to what you were doing and try again. If the problem persists, please email support@ismgames.com for more help.

About bloody time , trying to get rid of Dorvia for 5 days now.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

0 points for VDS.
    1 point for Cole.
    1 point for substite Nosworty.
    1 point for Duff.
    2 points for Malbranque.
    2 points for Greening.
    0 points for Benayoun.
    1 point for Crespo.
    1 point for Forssell.
    1 point for substitute Moore.

How are there people below me in the leagues?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Okay I give up...i was trying to do a smiley face but it keeps reverting back to small cap d....needless to say I found the previous post quite funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Nosworthy - 1
    Melchiot - 1
    Lamps - 26(c)
    Fabregas - 2
    henry - 10
    Angel - 2

Not a bad few days!!! :D

oh god!! only had 36 points and 26 of them are down to lampard being my captain. shít balls!

Well I was expecting to do rubbish but after the first night when Quedrue got 15 points for me, I knew that luck was on my side.
    What can I say but Lampard is starting to do the business again. Will be keeping him captain for a while now, he should get 3 bonus points, drogba should get some and Quedrue should get a few.
    Come on Bruckless Celtic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Got 50 points from last nights game :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Got 20 points for Henry so im a happy bunny! Still though, im way behind. I heard Heinze scored two, and got all excited for my team - only to then realise it was a CL match :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

an impressive 68 points for me and a few players didnt play..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Go on Ron and yer Darlings... "jumpers for goal posts, marvellous."

When are they adding the Actim points for Tuesday/Wednesday? I fancy Gamst Pedersen, Lampard and maybe Drogba to pick up a few. I'm hoping Andy Cole might sneak some too.

They appear to be updating at the moment.

Team totals aren't changed, but the following players have extra points on my team:

Lampard 3
    Queudrue 2
    Andy Cole 1
    Henry 3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement