Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy premier league Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Was just looking around on the website and noticed that the Amazan €50 league is in the top 50 leagues in the world. I have a link not sure if it will work but it is easy to find if it doesn't
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/stats.mc?stat=bestleagues
    I have no idea how they figure this out, if someone knows maybe they could say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

'kin Hell!!! There's 274 people in the Boards league!!! That has to be a record?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

digiman wrote:
    Was just looking around on the website and noticed that the Amazan €50 league is in the top 50 leagues in the world. I have a link not sure if it will work but it is easy to find if it doesn't
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/stats.mc?stat=bestleagues
    I have no idea how they figure this out, if someone knows maybe they could say

Best average team total, i guess....?

EDIT: Yes, just checked, its average score of the top 5 managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

BaZmO* wrote:
    'kin Hell!!! There's 274 people in the Boards league!!! That has to be a record?

B.

There's over 900 in the pigsback league.

Lemlin wrote:
    I fancy Gamst Pedersen <snip> to pick up a few.

I really shouldn't flog this horse anymore, but I can't resist...

Michael Dawson 3
    Anthony Gardner 2
    Andy Reid 1

Them's the bonus points from Blackburn-Spurs.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Michael Dawson 3
    Anthony Gardner 2
    Andy Reid 1

:p
    Reid seems to be doing well in the Opta/Actim stats this season.
    Half of Spurs crosses this season were from Reid with a 30% success rate.
    He has the best passing success rate at Spurs with 78% of passes finding a teammate and he's one of the teams highest passers.
    He is the 2nd highest tackler at the club with 15 and a success rate of 73%.
    Over double the amount of dribbles than anyone else at Spurs.
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/optastats.asp?clid=6&clubname=Tottenham+Hotspur&cpid=8

He has the 4th highest Actim Index of all the players in the premiership even though he has not got a goal or assist. He may not be contributing as many goals as he'd like but he's far more effective than he's given credit for.

eirebhoy wrote:

He has the 4th highest Actim Index of all the players in the premiership even though he has not got a goal or assist. He may not be contributing as many goals as he'd like but he's far more effective than he's given credit for.

We're slowly coming around eirebhoy.

He worked his socks off against Boro last Saturday, and must have done against Blackburn to get a bonus point (but not obvious from the highlights)

I still reckon he needs to work on his crossing though. Too often he hits the defender with the cross, sort that out and he'll be a revelation for us. The current opinion among Spurs fans seems to be that he's let down by Edman at LB, with a solid defender who can overlap (Lee from PSV) behind him Reid's game will improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Agh never got to come onand change team around, have 3 liverpool players who obv won't be playing, plus Henry and a few others, with Horsfield on the bench, so can anyone tell me will Jaskaleinin and Horsfield automatically be added in place of Reina and Henry?! praying for a yes! as it is my sub defender is injured (king) and same with midfielder (kavanagh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Agh never got to come onand change team around, have 3 liverpool players who obv won't be playing, plus Henry and a few others, with Horsfield on the bench, so can anyone tell me will Jaskaleinin and Horsfield automatically be added in place of Reina and Henry?! praying for a yes! as it is my sub defender is injured (king) and same with midfielder (kavanagh).

Yes is the answer your looking for......both will come on automatically!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

savage, thanks! go on horsfield ya legend! might get SOMETHING out of this weekend yet! never got to submit my result predictions for I Know The Score either which is a balls :( - never leaving computer again!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

wooly69 wrote:
    Yes is the answer your looking for......both will come on automatically!!!

They will come on automatically but will depend on the preference on which you want yours subs to come on. If they are your 1st and 2nd preference they will, but if you have a load of players out it will not be a problem for you.

Poor day for me.

Subbed Roy Carroll for Freidel thinking Wham would ship less goals than Blackburn...d'oh!

Only Lampard, Terry, and Cole performed for me, and sure everyone has them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

only 20provisional points for me. :rolleyes:

have players tomnorrow though so hopefully charlton and United play a stormer.

lampard didnt have a great game unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Originally posted by TheRecklessOne

Michael Dawson 3
    Anthony Gardner 2
    Andy Reid 1

Well sure why wouldn't Spurs' two central defenders pick up the points, they were under all the pressure!

Anyway, I'll leave ramblings to other threads, this one is for the Fantasy League. Disappointing weekend for most people by the look of things. Brought in Tim Cahill for Gerrard hoping he'd do something but he got a measly two, like the rest of my midfield bar Lampard.

Have Ferdinand as my captain so hopefully United will keep a clean sheet tomorrow against Newcastle and maybe Bent will knock in one or two against Boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Is it too late to join the €50 league, i only just read that you had to post before the first match?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

FFS, i only got 8 points today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

The leaders are on 260 or something, that is incredible. I got 36points so far, seems to be half decent compared to most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Wow, Boards.ie holds 8th and 9th position in the best leagues rating so far :)

I'm also in 59th place out of 275. Not too bad, and I don't know much about soccer at all.

Is it too late to join the €50 league, i only just read that you had to post before the first match?

I'm not a mod or anything but as far as I know you had to have your name on the list at kick-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

great game for me today. had 50 points. both rooney and van der sar getting me 9 points. pity i didnt have either as a captain. Bent scoring at the end of the charlton game did me good too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm not a mod or anything but as far as I know you had to have your name on the list at kick-off.

I joined the original league the day it was set up, but i didnt know about the €50 league til i read the whole thread yesterday. Can anyone shed light on my situation?

van der Sar with an assist. WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

eirebhoy wrote:
    That'd be United playing the long ball, I presume.

(Although I didn't see the match...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

a massive 7 points for me this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

eirebhoy wrote:

Just think of the Newcastle defence, it all makes sense then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Does anyone know why the selling price is less than the buying price?

See attached image.....

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i might be wrong but if a player is **** his value drops. a problem i am having with several players :mad:

LeperKing wrote:
    Does anyone know why the selling price is less than the buying price?

See attached image.....

LK

From the site
    If you sell a player for a higher price than you paid, then a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest 0.1 million) will be applied on the profits. For example, if you buy a player for 4.2 million and when you transfer him his value is 4.5 million then you will only receive 4.3 million.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Damn, it's like a tax on intelligent transfers! You don't get compensated for making a loss on a player transfer! How am I going to make my millions!

/LeperKing decides he may be taking this too seriously!

LK

LeperKing wrote:
    Damn, it's like a tax on intelligent transfers! You don't get compensated for making a loss on a player transfer! How am I going to make my millions!

/LeperKing decides he may be taking this too seriously!

LK

FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!

B.

• Advertisement

Looks like its a case of watching the internationals for the next week and hoping players don't get injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Only 38 points this week :(

Arse Pool game took away 3 of my players and gave me my lowest week yet :(

Good point about Boards.ie being 8th and 9th seems we know our **** as most leagues above have more players.

/
    82 Gooner United Mossy Monk 23 102
    266 Gooner United Mossy Monk 23 102
    LOL @ mossy
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

At what time of the day are the bonus points generally added on a Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

anyone know when robben is back?

At what time of the day are the bonus points generally added on a Tuesday?

Generally around three or four I think.

VinnyL wrote:
    anyone know when robben is back?

If you check the player profile on the Fantasty Football website it normally tells you when a player is due back. In this case they reckon he is expected back in September.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

cheers bazmo, i saw that but that could be the 1st of september or the 30th of september, and he's an expensive player to hold on to if he's gonna be out that long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Tbh I see Robben getting limited time in the Chelsea side for the next few games - SWP is the new boy, playing reasonably at the moment and likely to keep him out for the moment. He'll still get time on the pitch but not full games - will have to wait and see...

p.pete wrote:
    Tbh I see Robben getting limited time in the Chelsea side for the next few games - SWP is the new boy, playing reasonably at the moment and likely to keep him out for the moment. He'll still get time on the pitch but not full games - will have to wait and see...

I was just gonna say the same thing. There are only 4 Chelsea players that are guaranteed their game every week. Terry, Lampard, Makele and Cech. Although I reckon Duff might get a good run this season.

IMO Terry and Lampard are must haves as Terry nearly always keeps a clean sheet and gets the odd goal and Lampard always scores and you get a rake load of points for a midfielder scoring. He also gets a lot of assists and bonuses.

As for Makele, he's not worth the money as he never scores and he gets the odd yellow card and Cech is way too expensive for a keeper.

B.

• Advertisement

Another 2 bonus points for Duff. :) 20 points in total for him this week as he's my captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I call shenanigans on the actim point system. Danny Murphy played a stormer against Middlesbrough, he was easily the man of the match and he didn't pick up any bonus points.

I call shenanigans on the actim point system. Danny Murphy played a stormer against Middlesbrough, he was easily the man of the match and he didn't pick up any bonus points.
    The Actim Index is good to measure how effective players are but I agree, its not exactly the best thing to use for a Fantasy football competiton. The reason for this is that if you score you are going to have a big impact on the scoreline so scoring almost guarantee's you an actim bonus. These were the points for the Boro-Charlton game:

3 Rommedahl
    2 Perry
    1 Bent

All the scorers. In saying that, 2 Irish players, Duff and Reid, will always be high in the Actim index whether they score or not because they have a big impact on the scoreline with their workrate on and off the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi,

I've now joined the voucher league, sorry for the lateness, but the travel has kind of messed me about.

Cheers, and good luck everyone!

The Actim Index is good to measure how effective players are but I agree, its not exactly the best thing to use for a Fantasy football competiton. The reason for this is that if you score you are going to have a big impact on the scoreline so scoring almost guarantee's you an actim bonus. These were the points for the Boro-Charlton game:

3 Rommedahl
    2 Perry
    1 Bent

All the scorers. In saying that, 2 Irish players, Duff and Reid, will always be high in the Actim index whether they score or not because they have a big impact on the scoreline with their workrate on and off the ball.

Where can you get the Actim stats for individual games?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/fixture.mc?event=4

Click on the score fo the match you want to see the stats for each player.

• Advertisement

Owen is 10 million. Anyone taking a gamble!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Lemlin wrote:
    Owen is 10 million. Anyone taking a gamble!?
    Saw your post, went ahead with it!! Sure, why not :D Now my 3 strikers are : Bent Owen Henry :p

That's a good strike force. I'd fancy Owen to bag a few on his debut. Mine at the moment is Drogba, Bent, Cole. Going to see how Owen does in his first game and then maybe bring him in for Drogba. He's done well so far for me but I expect him to drop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Lemlin wrote:
    That's a good strike force. I'd fancy Owen to bag a few on his debut. Mine at the moment is Drogba, Bent, Cole. Going to see how Owen does in his first game and then maybe bring him in for Drogba. He's done well so far for me but I expect him to drop off.

think i mite do the same!!! got over 5million left in the bank so.....im waiting for a big buy to come around!!! Owen is an option alright!! + i can see his value soar once he gets a goal or two

maybe il extend my stadium or something :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

how many leagues can you be a part of in this fantasy football anyway??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement