Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help needed with new phone

Options
  • 18-07-2005 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

Just got my vodafone Motorola v1050. Can't receive MMS messages, I get the "check your vodafone.ie account to view them" I rang vodafone to check, and MMS is enabled for my account, and they said to look up the settings for it. I checked vodafone.ie, and they aren't there, checked motorola's site, not there either. Googled for a while aswell, nothing. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Vodafone should be able to text them to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

call em back they should send them to you via the phone network

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Screensiren

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will resolve your problem, but I have a V1050 too and I had all kinds of problems receiving calls and txt messages.
    I called up Vodafone and they took me through the steps for the Network setup. If you navigate to the settings menu and then select the Network option.
    Select Network setup and then set the band to Automatic and the type to Manual. That might help.
    It resolved my problems anyway.
    I think because the 3G network is still causing problems, setting the band to Automatic means that the phone will search for whichever network has the strongest signal eg 3G or 2G.

I hope this helps.
    SS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

mp3guy wrote:
    Just got my vodafone Motorola v1050. Can't receive MMS messages, I get the "check your vodafone.ie account to view them" I rang vodafone to check, and MMS is enabled for my account, and they said to look up the settings for it.

seriously!! Vodafone support is really deteriorating :(

you could try following the V980 settings seeing if they still fit into the new handset..

still having problems call them back and while on the phone get them to confirm you are enabled for MMS and the other services you require, make sure to call them from a different phone and have them talk you through the settings if they aren't already on the handset (as you are correct the settings for the V1050 aren't on the site)

beller b wrote:
    Vodafone should be able to text them to you!
    call em back they should send them to you via the phone network

out of interest, have either of you ever had Vodafone send you settings over the air (OTA) to configure the likes of WAP/MMS on your handsets, didn't think they had set that up... unlike O2 and Meteor who have had it for a long while...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

not me anyways but comeon they have to be able to do it

not me anyways but comeon they have to be able to do it

haven't heard of anyone receiving OTA settings directly from Voda IRL (yet)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

haven't heard of anyone receiving OTA settings directly from Voda IRL (yet)...

Hey, just got them sent to my phone. They didn't have the ones for my k700i so i got the s700i ones sent. They defo came and installed all right. Dont know if the work or not yet.

http://www.vodafone.ie/myvodafone/services/logon.jsp;jsessionid=5C439FD6D736383D8A22303ECFB6DD9E?pageid=1121964783572 Thats the link, not sure if it will time or not, you'll find it in the Care Centre section of their site anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I've had them sent to me on a number of occasions...also any of the guys is the shop willeither print them out for you or give you the link..But getting them by sms is the easiest

Hey, just got them sent to my phone. They didn't have the ones for my k700i so i got the s700i ones sent. They defo came and installed all right. Dont know if the work or not yet.

great, can you go through the links (e.g. My Vodafone > What next > etc.) you clicked to get to the page you can request the settings by SMS... unfotunatley that link is tied to the session you were logged in with... thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

great, can you go through the links (e.g. My Vodafone > What next > etc.) you clicked to get to the page you can request the settings by SMS... unfotunatley that link is tied to the session you were logged in with... thanks

Sure thing buddy,

www.vodafone.ie -> Care centre link at the top right of the page -> Try the Care Centre now -> Phone & Call Settings -> Picture Messaging Settings -> Ya Still with me?

Click have them sent straight to your mobile -> Enter your my vodafone details -> Choose your phone from the drop down lists. Not exactly sure what happens next, kinda forget but they txt ya a pin at some stage and you put that in a box somewhere and then they send you the settings. Thats the plan anyways!

grand, thanks for the link path :)

will give it a shot later as i'm currently getting an error :(
    We are currently experiencing problems with the Care Centre.

Please contact us for assistance.

-1402 Internal Error.

[-1402] The requested release has been updated or deleted (Case Base ID: 7195452418585264157). Please re-open the release to re-instate access and to use the most up-to-date version.

Advertisement