Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom help line

Options
  • 18-07-2005 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else hate those help lines that use voice recognition so you say what you want instead of pressing a number?

there was nothing wrong with the "press 1 to blah blah" system, the voice recognition is wrong half the time and even when it works properly it takes twice as long because it has to confirm everything you say. the worst thing is that they talk to you as if they were real people.i shake my fist at them i tell you. if you've never experienced this phone eircom on 1901.

i just tried it. when it asked if i had a sales enquiry, order update, ...........etc, i put the phone up to the speaker of my tv and he said "you said that none of these options suits your query. is this correct?". i then said "penis". he said "thank you. i will now transfer you to a customer service representative"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

This belongs in the comp forum,please read the forum charter rules before posting
    Thanks in advance
    PS i will answer this when you put it in the corect forum
    No disrespect,just doing my job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it fits in more here tbh.
    and yes. i ****ing hate it! :mad:
    i usually speak gibberish until robocock puts me onto a real agent

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ban him quick pighead, ban him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

i know its annoying to talk to robots
    say yes say no so this :mad:

ahh no dont ban him
    he is a new user :) he will learn by the passage of time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I reckon the idea is so the caller vents their anger at the system before they get through to a service agent. If anyone can think of any other positive benefit from I'd like to know. Ireland had one of the first almost fully digital networks in Europe so we've had a generation to learn how to push buttons, and the Dual Tone in DTMF is there for a reason, it works very well even with background or line noise. Also tone buttons are much faster when you know your way around the menu and you aren't made feel like a gobshíte trying to enuciate correctly into a system that was trained up if at all on some strange dialect that no one in this country speaks judging by it absyml failure rate at picking up such distinct words like YES or NO.

IMHO it's a pail of excrement and it's only value is to stop people calling in. I'd be very interested to see what would happen if they added "press 1 at any time to use numbers to make your choice"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if i posted this in the computer forum ppl wud tell me it belongs in the after hours forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

what about net/comms, i hear there a nice bunch over there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pighead wrote:
    PS i will answer this when you put it in the corect forum

And that belongs in the Humour Section ... *sigh* ...

Advertisement