Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

major stubble leg delima

• 18-07-2005 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

ok, i have a wedding in about 5 weeks (not mine)
    to these kind of events, if i was wearing a dress/skirt i would get fake tan done, but when it came to the day i would have to wear tights cos the hairs on my legs would have started to grow already and can be quite visible.
    i would shave them again but then the tan would come off.

but for this wedding i would like to wear some kind of strappy sandals instead of closed toe ones that i have been wearing.

i cant really wear strappies with tights

so what'll i do?
    any suggestions?
    terrified of my life of waxing my legs even though i know the hair wouldnt grow back so soon. i havent a very good pain threshold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

get the tan done the night before the weddin..or immac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

If you're getting your tan done somewhere this works for me:
    Get your tan done at least a day before the wedding,
    shave your legs well before you get your tan done,
    And on the morning of the wedding you can give them a quick once over with the razor (not full shave with shaving cream or anything) without taking tan off!!
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ins't there a product by Johnson & Johnson or Nivea that helps lighten/soften the hair on your legs. use that. Also I'd suggest getting the false tan done 2 days before in case of any diasters and gives you time to rectify it. I'm sure you can still shave with the false tan on ya. Do it when you wash the residue of the tan off. It's hardly gonna take the tan off ya.

Tights with sandals is a no no, btw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Larianne wrote:
    Tights with sandals is a no no, btw!!!

You said it sister! Brings to mind smelly primary school teachers, or nuns..

Is leg waxing really that sore? I get my back done every now and then and it's really not that painful..

K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

waxing is much better, can stop growth for upto 2weeks or so but with shaving it only takes a few days for it to grow back. :(

It's really not that painful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

just get them waxed!!! it's really not that sore.
    you've got 5 weeks- let the hair grow for 4; get them waxed; leave it a day or two; get the tan on; and you'll have a day or two in case tan goes wrong and hair-free legs for the wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I also have a similar fake tan dilema for this friday...does veet [formerly known as immac] take off fake tan? Due to time/money and hair length constraints i cant get waxed. What can i do??
    help me asap!!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

If your hairs are quite thick and your skin isn't that sensitive, try epilating them.

Advertisement