Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom BB and Linksys ADSL Wireless Router

• 18-07-2005 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience setting this up on eircom dsl. I have the exsiting Netopia router working fine but need the Linksys one becuse it has better reception to reach a particular corner.

The settings needed are a bit confusing so if anyone has the specific details it would be very helpful. The model is Linksys WAG54G ADSL Router and basically i need to know what the default settings are for the setup page. I've attached the existing info that netopia router uses.

David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:

All those settings available at http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I have the same router.

Encapsulation : RFC 2516 PPPoE
    Multiplexing : LLC
    QoS : UBR
    Autodetect : Disabled
    Virtual Circuit 8 VPI (Range 0-255)
    35 VCI (Range 32-65535)

Service Name: Eircom
    User Name : YOUR USER NAME ( I left out the @eircom.net)
    Pasword : *******

Keep Alive Checked

Host Name : BLANK
    Domain Name : BLANK
    MTU : AUTO

Leave the Local IP as it is and enable DHCP

Now make sure the Enable now tick box is ticked at the top of the page and save your settings at the bottom of the page.
    Now click on the Status tab and click on Gateway. Scroll to the bottom and click connect. That should be it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Lads thanks very much.

I'll be giving it a try in about an hour so I'll let u know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

LoGiE wrote:
    I have the same router.

Encapsulation : RFC 2516 PPPoE
    Multiplexing : LLC
    QoS : UBR
    Autodetect : Disabled
    Virtual Circuit 8 VPI (Range 0-255)
    35 VCI (Range 32-65535)

Service Name: Eircom
    User Name : YOUR USER NAME ( I left out the @eircom.net)
    Pasword : *******

Keep Alive Checked

Host Name : BLANK
    Domain Name : BLANK
    MTU : AUTO

Leave the Local IP as it is and enable DHCP

Now make sure the Enable now tick box is ticked at the top of the page and save your settings at the bottom of the page.
    Now click on the Status tab and click on Gateway. Scroll to the bottom and click connect. That should be it

Ive just bought that router, and its always coming up saying that it cant connect to the router, The detials that you've givein above, where exactly should i put them, if i want to go the manual way, instead of using the installer?

Thanks

- Idgeitman

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Idgeitman wrote:
    Ive just bought that router, and its always coming up saying that it cant connect to the router, The detials that you've givein above, where exactly should i put them, if i want to go the manual way, instead of using the installer?

Thanks

- Idgeitman

Just substitute it for the eircom modem in your set up

then access the setup page via your browser http://192.168.1.1 and put the settings in as given above - these instructions come with it no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

i few hours later i managed to get it working!,

thanks for all the help
    -idgeitman

Advertisement