Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230i & V3 only €49 with meteor

Options
  • 18-07-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

was just in meteor today and was informed when you sign up on the top tarriff €60 with meteor you get the nokia 6230i or the motorolla v3 for €49 think im gonna head in over the next few days, sounds like a good offer, has anybody else head about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

its €49 on O2 also when you sign for choices 20+ which costs €45 a month AND you get a free ad-on AND at the moment, your first 6 months rental is free and you get 100 free text messages a month for those 6 months AND €20 worth of calls for those 6 months!!!!

Brilliant deal

So good, I moved back to O2 today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I moved to Meteor to get it for €49. Have to say it's the best move I ever made. I haven't had a dropped call or network busy since moving...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

wolfman wrote:
    its €49 on O2 also when you sign for choices 20+ which costs €45 a month AND you get a free ad-on AND at the moment, your first 6 months rental is free and you get 100 free text messages a month for those 6 months AND €20 worth of calls for those 6 months!!!!

Brilliant deal

Not a great offer really at all. No free minutes, expensive calls and you have to pay for the previlage of accessing you own voicemail.

I would rather unlimited free meteor text messages, same day and night rates to all networks at just 20C (up to 56C with O2), free voicemail (not free with O2), 15C international texts (25C with O2) and discounted international calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

wolfman wrote:

Brilliant deal

A mate told me today that if u take up this offer you can then change to the lowest tariff €15 a month for the final 6 months so in actual fact the whole package fone and contract would only cost €139 surely this is too good to be true.
    Anyone know anything bout this....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

its true, i migrated from speakeasy to 20+ at the weekend and picked up a 6230i and its a great phone. and you can drop down to the lower tariff after 6 mths. a friend of mine sold me the phone and hes an o2 agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes this is true although probably not a feature they like to advertise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

there's a similar deal on at https://shop.o2.ie/catalog/xit_promotion.php?p=nokia_6230_p

is there branding on the o2 6230 and is it locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

the only real branding on it is the startup and shutdown logo
    the O2 button on the right can be changed to your own settings
    They are locked to O2 but very simple to unlock with a calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

are meteor & CPW still selling sim free / unbranded 6230i's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

checked it out today its the same with meteor your bound to it for the first six months off your contract then you can jump down tarriff, not a bad deal at all, i ported over the other day excellent service havnt had a problem with coverage at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i cannot wait to finish my contract with o2 soon.then i can get a better deal with them eg 6 months line rental free:D

i really wouldnot mind that at the moment.
    is line rental free with business tariffs eg timeshare 500?

Advertisement