Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robert Plant in the Olympia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Heaven Knows why anyone would want to see Robert Plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

dont understand...why wouldnt they? i'll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Well MCD advertised it there nearly a week ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=278370

The new album is great and he's doing some Zeppelin tracks on tour. Considering its costing around the same as a David Gray or Beck ticket, I think its well worth the money to see a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

:eek: are you insane? The man is a tight-pant'd legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

nowt to do with the gig in the olympia, but as it's a story about him, thought i'd share it...

Pal o'mine flying out of Charles DeGaulle Airport a few years back and he's in the executive lounge, mucking about with the mobile phone or the laptop and he notices this geezer sitting beside him.

Reckons he's familiar. Long hair, sort of curly; has the look of 'somebody'...anyway me pal realised it's Percy and turns to him and says 'Mr Plant, my name is Mark, I really admire your work and it's a pleasure to meet you' - intending that once he'd said his thing, he'd sit elsewhere and let the rock-god sit in peace and not feel he was being harassed. I mean, there was an element of harrassment in introducing himself, but I think you'll agree it wasn't too obtrusive!

Anyway, Mark says his thing and turns out that Plant offers to get him a beer, so they sat there discussing this and that; Mark played the guitar and said as much and how much he enjoyed playing Zep stuff 'cos it was hard and more than the usual 3 chords and a minor 7th stuff...

Anyway, Plants flight is called and the 737 or whatever is visible outside; Plant picks up his bag and himself and as he walks away towards the boarding area Mark notices Plant looking wistfully out the window.

"Where's the chartered 747 with fish fcuking groupies and vodka on tap when you need it, eh", calls Mark after him

"Aye, where indeed" says himself with a wicked grin "Anyway, nice to have met you"

Nice chap, by all accounts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Like I said, legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

cornbb wrote:
    :eek: are you insane? The man is a tight-pant'd legend!
    Google Heaven Knows and Robert Plant - my back catalogue ignoring friends ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D I got that reference and I don't even have that album (I taped it off the radio, naughty).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

got my tickets today. cant wait!! Percy is god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Yay,yay,yay yay I already feel excited and it's ages away!!
    I'm hopin' he'll play "when the Levee breaks"
    Oh yay :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement