Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-SAT has DSL problem....

• 31-08-2001 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

once againn the boys at ESAT can't get one thing right.

spparently after getting a letter thanking me about being in a ADSL trial area . they have told me i can't get it caus there is a technical difficulty ,

anyone else got that problem?

ESAT I SH*T ON YOU,
    YOUR HOUSE,
    YOUR CAR,
    AND YOUR FAMILY TOO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Quiet down, llama boy tongue.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

What is the Esat trial area? presume its same as eircom area yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Two questions.

(1) Does the trial area include Dun Laoghaire?

(2) Can you still get on the trial?

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by K!LL!@N:
    Two questions.

(1) Does the trial area include Dun Laoghaire?

(2) Can you still get on the trial?

Killian
    </font>
    The trial area was the tallaght/walkinstown exchange,
    Dunno when it finished, but seeing as they are due out with the service this mth, i would not think they were taking anymore testers.
    Just call sales and ask.

X

"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt unless you're on a team. Well I'm better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I …I can't compete with that stuff."
    -Moe Szyslak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

I applied the the DSL trials and was told that they were sorry and that they realised i must be disappointed. They said they'd keep me up to date via e-mail.

Im in Dun Laoghaire area btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

me just had a weird convo with a m8 in eircom mostly went like this
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    me: so when are we getting adsl dont supose u know anyone around thats got it

him : sorry cant say ..... "wink wink" u got a pen i can borrow

me: sure hands pen

him: rights a number

could you throw that out its a friends number in eircom . dono why i just wrote that down . ye his name is ( name not beign said ) hes in charge of the adsl in this area and knows all about it i hear . seems he gets loads of trial stuff b4 everyone else .

</font>

im living no where near a trial area as far as i know
    what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 05-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 05-09-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by elexes:
    me just had a weird convo with a m8 in eircom mostly went like this ... im living no where near a trial area as far as i know</font>

I'm trying to decypher your exact meaning here and I think that I have it - you're saying that you have slight evidence of ADSL in a non-trial area and if that's true then they might be closer to an all out release that they've been letting on? Is that correct?

Or is this just a story about winking?

K

<edit>Inserted smart remark out of boredom.</edit>

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 05-09-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If hta interpretation is in any way close to the truth I'm happy enough.
    Has anyone else heard of the plan to lay Fibre optic from Donegal to Cork along the West coast with loops in Connemara and dingle areas? Suposedly for use by industries, but with fibreoptic it could weel be possible to bend that to let a company/industry supply bandwidth to the consumer, by either xDSL, cable or wireless methods. they've allready done it in kerry. i for one would pay up to £30 a month for 256up 128 down wireless connection with no limit and a latency of about 30-40 maybe

It could turna nice tidy profit, and shove 2 fingers to Eircom cos it wouldnb't be on their network ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Yeah I heard about that.

I was also talking to a Joe in Eircom about ADSL and he told me ADSL should be available in Galway around Christmas/January.

I live in Athnery and he said it would be available there as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You know its basically 100 bills a month with a 3 gig cap right?

Advertisement