Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF MCD selling tickets for NEXT years oxegen already?

• 18-07-2005 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Starting off I went to oxegen this year and had a great time James Brown is a Legend!! and the other bands this year where pretty good too. Was not too impressed when I discovered tickets for next years session in puncherstown are already on sale.

Anyway I overheard people talking about buying tickets for this on the bus today and what shocked me was they were actually saying that they are gonna get tickets ASAP so they don't end up missing it next year. Does anyone else think this is a load of b*llox. Buying tickets for a gig without knowing who's playing? WTF? I reckon we should boycott MCD nobody buy any tickets until MCD announce the line up. Can't people see that if it sells out before they have confirmed the line up we are gonna end up with nothing but sh!te bands!! God is it just me or is this country is getting dumber?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Starting off I went to oxegen this year and had a great time James Brown is a Legend!! and the other bands this year where pretty good too. Was not too impressed when I discovered tickets for next years session in puncherstown are already on sale.

Anyway I overheard people talking about buying tickets for this on the bus today and what shocked me was they were actually saying that they are gonna get tickets ASAP so they don't end up missing it next year. Does anyone else think this is a load of b*llox. Buying tickets for a gig without knowing who's playing? WTF? I reckon we should boycott MCD nobody buy any tickets until MCD announce the line up. Can't people see that if it sells out before they have confirmed the line up we are gonna end up with nothing but sh!te bands!! God is it just me or is this country is getting dumber?

It's all about the hype.
    Ideally, they just want the same kinda situation like Glasto where they sell out over a day.
    Of course, it's great promo for the sponsors too since everyone is talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think it just shows that for most people Oxegen is about getting totally hammered and the music doesn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

penexpers wrote:
    I think it just shows that for most people Oxegen is about getting totally hammered and the music doesn't really matter.

I think you are spot on. The line up will never to everbodies liking but it will be relatively similar to the kind of acts that Oxegen has pulled in the past - not the actual bands but the calibre of bands who are touring at that time. I doubt of the promoter would put on a "****e" line up on the grounds that they have pre-sold the tickets. As I have said before in fairness to both the major promoters in this country, they continue to bring a collassal amount of live music to these shores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

:eek: they have been on sale for the last week! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'd agree with alot you are saying but the word on the street is that The Hoff is going to be headlining so tickets are goldust already so that's why I'm gonna buy ASAP. Go Hoff!

• Advertisement
Advertisement