Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unplugged Alarm from Phone Line - Now a New Problem

• 19-07-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I unplugged the alarm system from the phone line at the RJ31X box and the DSL light on the modem went solid and it worked great.

I pick-up the phone and the DSL is good until the call connects, then the DSL drops out again.

Before I disconnected the alarm, you had to take the phone off the hook for the DSL to work. Now I have this new problem.

I assume the alarm only ties into the phone line at the box.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I have no idea of your experience...but I must ask you, have you used your supplied filters correctly???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

I have eircom bb for 2 months now and haven't got the engineer to come out yet. It works perfectly and so does the alarm. False alarm a while ago and eircom foned so it obviously works. :)

I do turn it off tho when i'm out just in case it doesn't tho. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sound like he got the microfilters on wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robert0831

double-checked the filters and they are all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Please give more details on your routers operations as it certainly looks like your filters are malfunctioning.

When a phone is used should make absolutely...positively no difference to your BB connection as long as the filters work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement