Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have DNS problems on IOL BB Last night?

• 19-07-2005 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Lo all,
    Anyone have DNS problems on IOL BB from 22:00 onwards last night?

I could ftp, browse, connect etc to IPs, just no DNS.
    (Cork area, not that it matters)

Cheers, J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if thats the case then either your DNS client settings got screwed of the DNS server got screwed, always have another DNS to use in such cases, just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I use an ethernet modem/router, DNS forwarding was fine locally. Rebooting multiple times. Dynamic ISP DNS server was picked up fine by the modem.

I ran queries on to the dns server and all queries, even into the same domain timed out. Not a fault on my side. Will try again later at home and additional failback static DNS servers. cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

your DNS client is the DNS Client service running in Windows, assuming its ok, the yes, i suggest using another DNS server until they sort out, http://82.195.129.128/dnscheck/ for a list of some irish DNS servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Cheers JNive, yer a star

Advertisement