Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 @ GameCon 7 in Citywest Hotel, Dublin

Options
  • 19-07-2005 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

gc7.jpg

Ireland biggest gaming event is back. GameCon 7 will once again be held in the CityWest Hotel but this time around we are going for 36 hours straight!! Can you handle that much gaming?

Battlefield 2

A battlefield 2 competition will feature hugely at this event, probable 64 player server with 0 ping, prizes being awarded to the best players from each team, so If you fancy yourself a gold/silver/bronze star winner in a big server, pop along to see if you can take on the countries best at BF2.

Date: 5th to the 7th of August
    Time: Day 1 = 9pm on the 5th to 9am on the 7th

Venue: CityWest Hotel Saggart, Co Dublin, Ireland Click here for a map

Price: €40 (€30 if you pre-pay)

Places: 200

Book your place now!

What can you expect?

Well GameCon truly is a multimedia games party, complete with, PC LAN with 1 meg internet connection. Its an all format gaming weekend so you can expect PC, Xbox, PS2, GameCube and handhelds. Throughout the event we will be hosting numerous competitions with some truly excellent prizes

Features include:

Wireless Network
    BroadBand internet Access
    Free Parking

What you need to bring:

All the standard stuff.
    Power strip
    PC
    Monitor
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Power cables
    Network cables (I do have a good few here but a couple extra long ones will always come in handy)
    Games
    Food/money
    Headphones
    General LAN bits

Console Gamers should bring a console, TV and a powerstrip. Network will be provided.

Games to be played inclued:

Battlefield 2
    HalfLife 2
    Counter Strike
    Halo 2
    FarCry
    Call of Duty
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Splinter Cell 3
    C&C Generals
    Dead or Alive Ultima
    UEFA Champions League
    Pro Evo 4
    Soul Calibur 2
    Project Gotham 2
    Topspin
    NFS Underground 2

What are you waiting for? Book your place now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Battlefield 2

A battlefield 2 competition will feature hugely at this event, probable 64 player server with 0 ping, prizes being awarded to the best players from each team, so If you fancy yourself a gold/silver/bronze star winner in a big server, pop along to see if you can take on the countries best at BF2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

id be interested in going but...f*cking saggart??? No way can i haul my comp out there

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Yeah its kinda a pisser if you dont have a car or mates to lift ya, theres always a taxi or buy a laptop and get the bus ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

BluE-WinG wrote:
    Yeah its kinda a pisser if you dont have a car or mates to lift ya, theres always a taxi or buy a laptop and get the bus ;)

rob a trolley from tesco and up the naas dual carraigeway you go! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Does it have traffic cams on which we can obserrve :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Must say im tempted bout this,only 30 mins up the motorway for me.
    Only downfall is i dont have network card in my comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

My god cully is youre pc one of them wind up ones? Ya can get a net card for about 15 yoyos these days. Sure if i was going to game con id give ya a net card ive loads of em knocking about. Espicially since all my newer build PC`s have lan on the main board.

LOL m8 i just never got one when she was being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

you need to get out more man. goto more LAN`s.

LOL my getting out means getting pissed in the pub not going to a lan,maybe i could do both hmmmm :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement