Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF:2 Mod

Options
  • 19-07-2005 10:33am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

landot AAS mod

The inspiration behind the landot AAS mod is the AAS (Advance and Secure) gameplay mode in another popular FPS game. What it basically means is that flags can only be taken in a certain predefined order, in other words at any given time you can only be attacking one flag and defending one. People have also referred to this mod as being a sort of Supply Line gamemode, but I call it AAS.

Link

There are only about 8 servers out there running it atm but good to see the mods rolling out...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've changed the IOL server (games4.iol.ie) over to this since it was doing nothing anyway.

Its set to the 32 player maps, the cycle is as follows:
    • strike_at_karkand
    • sharqi_peninsula
    • mashtuur_city
    • kubra_dam
    • gulf_of_oman
    • fushe_pass

If you've any suggestions stick them down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sounds similar to domination mode from UT2004 which is a good thing.
    I can see this being especially effective on larger maps where there will always be choke points.
    Sometimes the larger maps yield alot of wondering around ,you see an enemy flag and head off in its direction only for it to be overtaken with nobody in sight when you get there then the merry-go-round gameplay sets in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Rev Hellfire, can I post the server addresses on sites where people would be interested ?

Though I think you're probably on all of them anyhow....

I'll be along to test it tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Post away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Excellent I like the sound of this. There's too much aimless dashing from one flag to another in conquest, like Dcully said merry-go-round gameplay. This should set up some good offensive/defensive play and maybe even some proper :eek: teamwork?

Will be in to check it out tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just posted here Rev,i should be able to get some folks on to try her out.

http://www.jarhedz.com/viewtopic.php?p=73570#73570

Advertisement