Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom pings gone skyward again?

• 19-07-2005 12:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Similar to yesterday during daytime eircom pings have gone skyward.
    500 or so yesterday and 250 today to UK servers.
    Irish servers are pinging 30-50 as usual and the same as yesterday while UK servers were very high.
    It was sorted after a while yesterday evening,me hopes this aint gonna be a regular daytime occurance.
    Strange issue,anyone else having the same ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

try a traceroute, i can only assume its a problem with their peering or at LINX

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

yeah have tried it and as soon as it exits our shores things get nasty.

Hmmm back to normal again :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Same here , but as you say , back to normal again now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

theres definitely a problem at eircom today, at the moment i cant acess google or hotmail any if i try to ping jolt nothing happens at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

phew....

not the only one this is affecting then...

Cant access a bunch of big sites as well via eircom dsl.. sites i would be surprised if they were down, or at least were all simultaneously down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

It's not just Eircom-Broadband. The same thing has been happening to me today, with Eircom dial-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

yep, same here im on eircom dialup too. However i seem to be getting an enormous amount of eircom ips scanning my pc for netbios ports 139/135/445 and the windows messenger ports, so i assume there must be some virus on the loose. Anyways after 3/4mins from the time i log on the connection isnt too bad
    Wonder what is going on though still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

eircom's dns server's went a bit knuts for a while
    the problem seems to have resolved (get it??) itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Your so witty :D

Thankfully the DNS fùck up didnt affect me as I generally access gameservers by IP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Problems at telehouse in the UK apparently, causing various problems all day.

Update: was ok for a while but gone crazy again and the same for some of my clan mates also on eircom bb.
    Irish servers fine UK ones not so :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

happened to me too :(

this sucks big time

It didn't use to happen before,

after this damn "upgrade" everything has been falling apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

for the last 4 days this has been happening, as soon as my traceroute leaves ireland for the uk they shoot skyward come down for a bit then go up again

And it hasnt got any better for me anyway

Sucks big time, 1 more day im giving eircom to get this sorted and then im onto them, and god help whoevers at the other end

Shin

Was ok for a time this morning bout 11 am gone skyward again when i checked just now.
    I have eircom bb for five months now and tbh i was always glad to say i never had any downtime or slowdowns,expensive but great product [minus the 128k upload ofcourse]but this week its crazy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

same here Dcully, I went with eircom because of their service, they are expensive, but at least they had good service that hardly ever failed before.

it still does it, but now in short bursts for 10-15 seconds, jolt.co.uk was unreachable, it seems like nothing, but it's a huge problem.

Advertisement