Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High Risk Insurance

Options
  • 19-07-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Does anyone know of an insurance company that cover drivers with endorsements?Found no joy in the sticky about insurance companies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Sweet! I've never heard of these guys before...

Wonder what they're like for young drivers who have a penis... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Thanks.Any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I just read one of their FAQs on the difference between Fully Comp insurance on other policies and theirs:
    Other policies may cover medical expenses, personal effects, windscreen cover, death of policyholder and personal accidents. Many policies, however, will have conditions and maximums attached in fine print

i.e. We will cover the cost of your car but if you cannot work due the accident (e.g. lose a leg, hurt a back) you are on your own.

So it seems quasi-full comp insurance. I appreciate that other policies have limits, etc, but a least it's there! It's kind like 3rd party insurance with extended cover for the damage to your car and nothing else! :eek:

Am I reading this right? Is it really worth it? The difference between 3rd party and full comp for me is €130. I drive a car worth in excess of the €10k they suggest. But if I crash due to my own stupidity and can no longer work, need medical care, etc, I won't give a toss about the car.

Tread carefully here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Oh Boy!

jayok wrote:
    So it seems quasi-full comp insurance. I appreciate that other policies have limits, etc, but a least it's there! It's kind like 3rd party insurance with extended cover for the damage to your car and nothing else! :eek:
    QUOTE]

The word "comprehensive" is a bit of a misnomer. No insurance company will cover every eventuality. The proper name for comprehensive is accidental damage cover. It covers your car for accidental or malicious damage, thats it! So it is 3rd party with extended cover......

You can get all those extra covers you mentioned, but it will cost you extra. You pays your money, you takes your choice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Oh Boy! wrote:
    jayok wrote:
    QUOTE]

The word "comprehensive" is a bit of a misnomer. No insurance company will cover every eventuality. The proper name for comprehensive is accidental damage cover. It covers your car for accidental or malicious damage, thats it! So it is 3rd party with extended cover......

You can get all those extra covers you mentioned, but it will cost you extra. You pays your money, you takes your choice!!

A bit like the "Act of God" get out clause home insurers have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

bazz26 wrote:
    Oh Boy! wrote:
    A bit like the "Act of God" get out clause home insurers have.

I know insurers try to get out of everything but is it not possible to sue your own insurance company for injuries that you receive in an accident?E.g. you lose control of your car hit a ditch and say lose a leg or something (touch wood now) ? While I'm with you on the misnomer and "act of God" thing - you can only do this with "fully comp"

But in reality isn't everything "An act of God"?

Advertisement