Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how to find out how many official penalty points you have

Options
  • 19-07-2005 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

like the title, how do you know how many official points you have. my father needs to get a new insurance policy with a different company so that i can get insurance on his new policy to get cheap insurance and they ask how many points you have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You should be able to make an application under the Data Protection Act to get that information. Just curious - have you gotten points and you've just forgotten, or are you just making sure that there are no points pending (i.e. you haven't received the notice yet)?

If it's the latter, your insurance isn't void if you tell them none, though you may be obliged to inform them if a fixed penalty notice appears and you pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

I have just renewed my policy this month and I did ask about claiming my no points discount, the lady just said call back with your licence number and we'll verify that. Pretty simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

no its because i forgotten.

nelly, what company are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hibernian are the only insurance company that have access to penalty points.

Shop around for insurance.

try www.insure.ie they give if for most insurance companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

vishal wrote:
    no its because i forgotten.

nelly, what company are you with?

Hibernian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

for you to find out you have to send a request for certified details to river house, chancery street, dublin 8. Private companies don't, afaik, have access. They may have until recently been able to ring and check but the rules have tightened up very significantly in recent weeks.

Advertisement