Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

325 Free Texts from o2...

• 19-07-2005 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Did anyone else get 300 free texts from o2 yesterday and then another 25 this moring?

I just got a message last night saying I'd gotten 25 and this morning I checked and there was over 300 there and then later on 25 extra ones were added.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

i've been getting 25 free texts a month for the last 2 months, and will again for the next 2. thats all i ever got from them. i think they are a right mean shower hen compared with the other networks. meteor give you bonus credit every month that increases with the amount you top up each month. eg: top up in excess of €60pm and i think you get about €12 free credit applied to your account for it. only reason i dont change is because i have too many contacts and have had the same number for years, and dont want the bother of informing everyone of me changing my number. but i've had the same number for 3 years and i've topped up about €50pm, and all they've ever given me was a few free texts lately.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i havnt gotten any....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

derek27 wrote:
    ...only reason i dont change is because i have too many contacts and have had the same number for years, and dont want the bother of informing everyone of me changing my number. but i've had the same number for 3 years ...

You keep your number (including the 086 part) when you change networks. I changed from O2 to Metor and have no regrets. Saved me a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

derek27 wrote:
    i've been getting 25 free texts a month for the last 2 months, and will again for the next 2. thats all i ever got from them. i think they are a right mean shower hen compared with the other networks. meteor give you bonus credit every month that increases with the amount you top up each month. eg: top up in excess of €60pm and i think you get about €12 free credit applied to your account for it. only reason i dont change is because i have too many contacts and have had the same number for years, and dont want the bother of informing everyone of me changing my number. but i've had the same number for 3 years and i've topped up about €50pm, and all they've ever given me was a few free texts lately.

You can change over to meteor and keep your 086 number these days you know.

i dont think people are aware of how stingy they are. Tar dont think anyone can do your countdown post. i got within 4 of it!.

• Advertisement

You keep your number (including the 086 part) when you change networks. I changed from O2 to Metor and have no regrets. Saved me a fortune.
    well that is newws to me! cheers. i'll do that before the end of this week. always thought about switching to meteor, just didn't want the hassle. so now i know there is no hassle. cheers.

your welcome!

yeah, just checked that out online. i dont know how that announcement slipped by me???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

derek27 wrote:
    Tar dont think anyone can do your countdown post. i got within 4 of it!.
    it's not my turn it's meditraitor's,i just stated that it is impossible,so maybe you shuld put one up. :)

what are the benefits of changing from 02 to meteor,outline :)

it's not my turn it's meditraitor's,i just stated that it is impossible,so maybe you shuld put one up. :)

Well for me, cheaper calls. 20c all day every day to any landline or mobile in Ireland and the UK. I am on a call plan that costs €60 a month for 400 minutes, so it works out even cheaper at 15c a minute. I think Vodafone charge 65c a minute during the day, complete rip-off! O2 charged 50c a minute when I was with them. Voicemail is free with Meteor. I think texts are 9c but I'm not sure as I don't send that many. You also get 300 free web texts each month.

• Advertisement

ok sound.

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/callcosts.html
    i found i could save up to 38%pm using this. and i know plenty of my meteor friends can text each other for free, and they get free credit for good custom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

derek27 wrote:
    meteor give you bonus credit every month that increases with the amount you top up each month. eg: top up in excess of €60pm and i think you get about €12 free credit applied to your account for it.

That was an old offer, they don't do it with any of the current tariffs. Still good value though.

Well for me, cheaper calls. 20c all day every day to any landline or mobile in Ireland and the UK. I am on a call plan that costs €60 a month for 400 minutes, so it works out even cheaper at 15c a minute. I think Vodafone charge 65c a minute during the day, complete rip-off! O2 charged 50c a minute when I was with them. Voicemail is free with Meteor. I think texts are 9c but I'm not sure as I don't send that many. You also get 300 free web texts each month.

hmm i have 15c calls with any phone any network any time,just gotta know how...
    and i use text bundles so my texts are 7.5 cent.so i dont really know what advantages there are as of yet...have to read up on it i suppose..

oh well. still making the change. they are better value.

and i use text bundles so my texts are 7.5 cent.so i dont really know what advantages there are as of yet...have to read up on it i suppose..

Who you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yep. Just checked there. Got a message yesterday about the 25 but over 300 on it now.

petes wrote:
    Yep. Just checked there. Got a message yesterday about the 25 but over 300 on it now.
    eh,why do ppl get them and why didnt i lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

eh,why do ppl get them and why didnt i lol
    I only got 250 still... who would use 325 in one month anyhoo?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

yeah i got the 25 msg yesterday and now i have over 300 to. im not complaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

i used to be with speakeasy and was puttin an average of 60 per week into my phone i changed to meteor in may and my first bill was for €106.26 and yesterday got another bill for €89.52, i'm on the talk 400 plan

basquille wrote:
    I only got 250 still... who would use 325 in one month anyhoo?!
    hmm me and i have never got anything for free .....

What package you on?I can't find any O2 that are 15c a minute anytime to any network. I checked these 3 links:

http://web.o2.ie/personal/tariffs/speak_easy/nightowl.jsp

http://web.o2.ie/personal/tariffs/speak_easy/earlybird.jsp

http://web.o2.ie/personal/tariffs/pay_monthly/choices.jsp

oh no its not an o2 thing(any phone,any network your with) i have no 'deal', i do have a knowledge of phones though....

oh no its not an o2 thing(any phone,any network your with) i have no 'deal', i do have a knowledge of phones though....

Ok, you've lost me! I thought you said you were paying 15c a minute???

i am but that is because i know how to beat the system not because of any deal or anything,ie its probably not very legal or something...:)
    anyways you understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I switched to Meteor from o2 around christmas, and I kept my old number and have no regrets! I'm pay as you go, and it's 20 cent a minute, and 9 cent per text. It's brilliant, especially now they've got full coverage (well, most of Ireland anyways)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Anyone know if you can send the 300 x free meteor webtexts to anywhere in the world or just to Irish mobiles? (or worse still just meteor to meteor?)

I have a lot of friends abroad, with o2 i can send my 250 free webtext messages to them and keep my phone texts to text Irish mobiles....

Meteor seem to good to be true to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

They've taken away my 300 texts from me... I knew it was too good to be true.

• Advertisement

geecee wrote:
    Anyone know if you can send the 300 x free meteor webtexts to anywhere in the world or just to Irish mobiles? (or worse still just meteor to meteor?)

I have a lot of friends abroad, with o2 i can send my 250 free webtext messages to them and keep my phone texts to text Irish mobiles....

Meteor seem to good to be true to be honest!

No, the webtexts only work to Irish mobiles (including Voda & o2).

Advertisement