Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing moment in a restraunt...

Options
  • 17-07-2001 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭

CRAMP!!! (/me shoots out of chair)

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

This happened a few years ago, was the first time I went to a Chinese restraunt after moving up to Dublin from the sticks.

I was out with the girlfriend and decided to go for a nice chinese (proper sit down on the floor etc).
    We ordered the BBQ ribs and out they came fantastically presented with a little bowl a lovely smelling warm lemony water. Well we both tucked into the ribs, which were great, and then not knowing what to do with the lemon water proceeded to drink it down. (tasted quite nice by the way smile.gif)

The waiter returned to clear the dishes away and looked slightly bemused. He asked what had we done with the bowl of water, we told him we had drunken it. We where then told that it was meant for cleaning your fingers.

He went off into the kitchen where I think the chef nearly died laughing.

I suppose it wasn't too bad as both myself and the girlfriend both drank it.

Anyone else have similar experiences please share them so I may feel better biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by BNC (edited 17-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Oh dear God - that's a good one.

Restaurants? Embarrassing incidents - can't think of any myself unless you count that time I sent back the Gespacho soup to be reheated.

I'm the Dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

One day we went to KFC (yes, I can call that a 'restaurant' if I want!) on O'Connell Street (not still there, is it?) after going to a play. It was my first time meeting a girl who is now an ex of mine. Anyway, all was going smoothly until a friend of mine who was there (and only ordered a cup of tea) decided to make his styrofoam teacup and a couple of chicken bones into a dalek (with a small metal ashtray for a 'hat'). Needless to say, his antics, and the loud utterances of "Exterrrrminaattte!!!" eminating from our table had a fair few other punters (and the manager) staring at him with a mixture of amusement and annoyance.

We left.

Quickly.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    unless you count that time I sent back the Gespacho soup to be reheated
    </font>

Smeg! It's Arnold Rimmer!

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 17-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

For my 18th birthday (many many years ago...) I went out for a meal with my best mate to a French restaurant. We weren't exactly sober when arriving and had already ordered our starters by the time we realised it was a VERY expensive French restaurant and we didn't have enough money to order a main course even between us. We finished our starters and told the waiter we couldn't possibly eat another thing (despite still being starving) and asked for the bill (ouch!). The waiter said thanks for our custom in a very sarcastic tone and would we like to come back when we were ready for our main course. I told him we would come back when we had robbed a bank and promptly left, never to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

banie01 wrote: »
    It's doing that a lot for me on mobile too.
    When I open a sub forum, it's displaying oldest 1st until I refresh.
    Quite annoying when trying to map the apocalypse ;)

When did board.ie start?

Zombie thread but I’m sure in the intervening years people have stories so I’ve opened another thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement