Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Coffee

Options
  • 19-07-2005 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

anyone been to the new Costa Coffee in Blackpool, what a rip-off just paid €20.00 for 2 coffees and 2 sandwiches which were nothing to write home about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

tirl wrote:
    anyone been to the new Costa Coffee in Blackpool, what a rip-off just paid €20.00 for 2 coffees and 2 sandwiches which were nothing to write home about

Was the Plates Gold Plated??? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

and served by Bill Clinton wearing a cheeky maids outfit I'd hope for that price. Im afraid I would have refused to pay and told em to stuff their posh sandwiches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

they were by no means posh and it was takeaway in a paper bag,

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

No way in hell would i pay that kind of money for two sandwiches and coffees. €20! For me thats two and a half hours work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

It's also two and a bit decent meat & two veg lunches in any pub of your choosing.

I feel a blog shaped rant coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

i've never been in there, but it's a cool looking building. But if it's really that expensive, admiring the outside is all I'll be doing.

Take-away espresso from the stall in the Market opposite Kay O'Connell's for 80c if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Alexia

Rip off. Why do these companies come in and think because we are Irish we are not sophis and don't mind paying outrageous prices for their **** because previously all we ate was stew and potatoes? Outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Alexia wrote:
    Rip off. Why do these companies come in and think because we are Irish we are not sophis and don't mind paying outrageous prices for their **** because previously all we ate was stew and potatoes? Outrageous.

There's another place in Blackpool S.C., actually serves little more than stew and spuds, typical deep fat frier fare, it makes O Briens next door seem like the bargain of the century by comparison <and their staff are invariably friendly and the food quite good>! My other half used to nip down there <the stew and spuds place> on her break from work until she realised that the bones of €15 isn't the norm for mass produced tat and coke in a plastic cup...now that's a rip off. I've been there once, and aside from the place having the ambience of an over-turned chip van, the staff were as surly as death row inmates. I dunno if it's the rip-off culture or what, but I have become a lot more assertive with these muppets than I used to be. If I get poor service these days the person on the other side of the counter *will* hear about it. I used to just look at the floor and shuffle off...just me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

****ing disgrace of a place. It's in Douglas too. Ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I thought people were making a joke with the name until I actually saw one. What a stupid (and highly appropriate by all accounts) name.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

dahamsta wrote:
    I thought people were making a joke with the name until I actually saw one. What a stupid (and highly appropriate by all accounts) name.

adam

Indeed, I noticed that too... If only they knew...
    DawnMc wrote:
    ****ing disgrace of a place. It's in Douglas too. Ridiculous.

Really? They're probably making a killing despite their food being recycled beermats and coke bottles...even in Douglas!

Advertisement