Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed?

• 19-07-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Joined IrishBroadband In Late March 2005 had good service for about a 1month In Cork btw. Since then my service has been shocking most weekend my speed was 250-400Kbps And i'm on the 2mb Connection, After many many calls its still not sorted, Anyway logded a Offical Complaint today stating that they are breaking the Terms and Conditions of the contract as no where does it say anything about "Content" Or that i should recieved full speed etc.............. So basicly i can get out of the contract, Question being i dunno what to do, I dont play games so pings arent really an issue but Upload and Download is..... I paid 150Euro for connection to IBB for 4 Months Service. There is another Wireless Service in Cork, and they are ment to be excellent, but cant afford to Fork out another 150 Connection fee. 300 Euro in 4 months just for connection isent the greatest due to lack of funds( Student) Smarttelecom isent available yet in my area but what is another suitable service (I no that no ADSL service have higher than 128k uploads.

Hopefully the above makes sense :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

If its just weekends when your speed is plummeting, then its likely that your ratio is coming into play as the weekend users switch on. If its fine during the week, then thats probably it. If its rubbish 24/7 then I would have a strong chat with them. It seems that IBB seem to overload their masts, meaning that as more people subscribe their QoS drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

No its 24/7 Strong chat i have rang them, freaked at them talked to supervisors. Manager was ment to ring today no call, Netop was ment to ring 2 days ago no call. I am not a heavy downloader at all i am a very light but like fast downloads when i do. Its a bad state of affairs when the father who doesnt have a clue about computers and is used to dail up complains that its slow.

Advertisement