Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Touch 20GB

• 19-07-2005 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I am planning on buying this mp3 player from komplett for €219, just taught i'd ask here before buying. Is there anything i should know about it before buying? I know it hasn't got a built in radio like the zen micro but can it be enabled with radio? Is there any other 20gig mp3 players in the same price range i should consider instead of the zen touch?

Thanks
    any info will be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Another quick question, with the zen touch is it as easy as just plugging it into your usb port and dragging and dropping the mp3 files?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

the player works great for me with WMP 10 without me using the driver, but you will need the nomad software to use the player for storing standard files and folders, the only thing i have to get used to is the touch pad, i find it very fast when im scrolling but other than that the player is tops, it even charges its self when plugged in to the usb port (when player is off btw)

Sparky_S wrote:
    the player works great for me with WMP 10 without me using the driver, but you will need the nomad software to use the player for storing standard files and folders, the only thing i have to get used to is the touch pad, i find it very fast when im scrolling but other than that the player is tops, it even charges its self when plugged in to the usb port (when player is off btw)

Thanks mate sounds good, anybody know anything about the FM/radio attachment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Creative wrote:
    FM radio, voice and FM recording via optional wired remote control (available separately)

All info you need is HERE

Soundman wrote:
    All info you need is HERE

Thanks mate, anyone have any more info for me, if you have one let me know what you think of them thanks

Does anyone know if they are cheaper anywhere else, they are 219 on komplett

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ive got mine 6 months now and have never had any trouble with it..a brilliant MP3 player comes highly recomended :)

jonny68 wrote:
    Ive got mine 6 months now and have never had any trouble with it..a brilliant MP3 player comes highly recomended :)

The only thing holding me back at the moment is the Creative Zen Micro which IMO is nicer looking/smaller and has FM tuner, but still its only about and extra 20 quid for the zen touch which is four times bigger 20gigs

I don't know what to do :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

The only thing holding me back at the moment is the Creative Zen Micro which IMO is nicer looking/smaller and has FM tuner, but still its only about and extra 20 quid for the zen touch which is four times bigger 20gigs

It probably all boils down to how much music do you want on the go? At a fairly decent quality (e.g. MP3 192Kbps), you should get around 1000 songs on the Micro - you can get this up to around 2000, but you'd have to sacrifice audio quality...

I have a Zen Micro and loved it while commuting due to the size and interface, etc (I don't take the bus anymore, so usage has gone down...) compared to the Zen Xtra 60GB I had before it - the Touch is a bit smaller than the Xtra, but still big enough... So, if you want a player that's very portable and you only ever want 1000-1500 songs on it, go for the Micro. If you need closer to the 4000 - 6000 songs mark though, then go for the Touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MCH

I've got the zen touch about 2 months now, it's excellent. I'd reccommend it over the micro because of the sheer size of the hard drive. I only have 20gb on my laptop so it meant I could store some films and stuff on my zen touch. 6gb isn't alot if your music collection has the potential to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Probably too late for you now, but Komplett currently have the Creative Zen Sleek 20GB on offer for 259, this model inclusdes FM radio

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311538&cks=PRL

• Advertisement
Advertisement