Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is this BT offer?

• 19-07-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

At btireland.msn.ie, half way down the page, there is an advert for Broadband and Line Rental for €25pm.

This link goes to a btireland page with two broadband offers, one at €15 and one at €25. No sign of Broadband and Line Rental though.

When I clicked on the €25 option, this brings up a page where actually there is Broadband and Line Rental, but at €35 pm!!

What's the story with this? A mistake?? False advertising??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Do some math!!

When you clicked on the €25 BB product and added line rental you go €35.....ever think about chooseing the €15 BB product....wahoo yes....€25 a month.

Would a MOD please close this thread now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

touchy zuma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

the BT site is confusing

the Key point that is not clear at first glance is that

Line rental is discounted to 10 EURO a month , the math falls into place with this bit of information

shayser wrote:
    touchy zuma

Hey, if you ask a silly question then prepare yourself for an appropriate reply.

You could have at least said thanks...as that adviced did help you...didnt it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Doncha just love the friendly welcomes that are handed out here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

zuma wrote:
    Do some math!!

When you clicked on the €25 BB product and added line rental you go €35.....ever think about chooseing the €15 BB product....wahoo yes....€25 a month.

Would a MOD please close this thread now?

:rolleyes:

Welcome to boards.ie, Shayser. Most people are friendly but as with all communities there are plenty of tired people ( ;) ) out there.

RuggieBear wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Welcome to boards.ie, Shayser. Most people are friendly but as with all communities there are plenty of arseholes out there.

Hey I try my best :rolleyes: .

Thanks people... and zuma.

Onwards and upwards from here then... :)

shayser wrote:
    Thanks people... and zuma.

Onwards and upwards from here then... :)

No problem...sorry for being a little hard on you...long day...etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Read the reply and felt I should add my Welcome Shayser, just to counter the inital responce.

BT's site needs a bit of usablity testing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Welcome to boards shayser.

I must say, despite being a member of IOFFL for years, reading the broadband forum every day, have a good understanding of BB technology and keeping track of all the BB products in Ireland, I still found it hard to understand BT offerings on their site.

They really need to improve the usability of their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

bk wrote:
    Welcome to boards shayser.

I must say, despite being a member of IOFFL for years, reading the broadband forum every day, have a good understanding of BB technology and keeping track of all the BB products in Ireland, I still found it hard to understand BT offerings on their site.

They really need to improve the usability of their site.

i'll second that...it really did take me a while to work out the deals and where to navigate to. Pretty pants tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

So have people been able to access the BT site this afternoon/evening? I haven't.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

I had actually asked the same question of BT before posting here. In my question I quoted the URL of the page with the offers, i.e., the page I was having the problem with. They replied with the same URL saying I would get my answer there! LOL True, but could I see it?? LOL

I'm removing the egg from my face but at least I know now where I can get a straight answer...

Advertisement