Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County PUB Guide.

• 19-07-2005 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Ok... I know that there is one all ready started about pubs in your own area but.....

Myself and a few friends are thinking of holding a Pub Crawl Irish Style... in that over the space of the weekend we want to hit one pub in each of the 32 Counties.. yes an easy task, copy of the golden pages on CD and a rental car... but the info that i'm looking for is where would you recomend to spend our time to consume a pint..

The pub has to have charter, not some space age pub with widescreen T.V. but more along the lines of
    still having posters up from italia 90..
    uneven floors..
    toilets out the back/field..
    no two chairs match...
    you all know one where the locals stop and stare at the newcommers/nonlocals...
    where the garda knock at the door/window at 0230hrs and come in for a pint themselves... (PM these ones if you don't want everyone invading your local pub at 2 in the morning.)
    Everyone should know of one or two that are like these. When I have the list together I would like people to vote on which ones (32 in total) for us to visit.
    A friend has given us space on his web server so we will have pics and a rating for each one.. Along with stories and route we planned to allow others to join us along the merry way.

Thanking anyone who has taken the time to read this and hopefully you will ask your friends at the next tea break for some places.

Again it's a 32 pub pubcrawl over the space of one weekend, to the real Irish pubs.

Regards John M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Guzzler

That sounds like a once in a lifetime trip.

Offally
    Houghs, Main St Banagher. Savage sessions there. Was in pub spy in the Sunday World recently and got absolutely slated for not being Q bar.

Wexford
    McNultys, Sth Main St, New Ross. Really has to be seen to be believed. The pool table works on the old, old chunky 10p with the salmon on it. The bathroom is the back yard and the only cider is Linden Village from a can. Theres loads more but I'd leave that to yourselves.

Happy gallopin

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kerry:
    Ashes, Main Street, Dingle. Haven't been in a few years so I hope it hasn't changed. Attracts American tourists who come back each year partly because the owner is a distant relative of Gregory Peck, but don't let them put you off. No such thing as a till, Kate has a cashbox. If you want lemon in your drink she has to go find one. Let's you out through the house at 2.30am with suitably theatrical checks up and down the street to make sure the Guards aren't around. Great fun.

Dublin:
    Mulligans, The Palace, The Long Hall, etc., etc.

Advertisement