Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Visual Basic for DOS - Graphics

Options
  • 19-07-2005 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How do I print a graphics screen(Screen 12 - VGA - 16 colors - 4 pages(?)) to an Epson Stylus C 60 InkJet printer? I want to print the colors if possible. I am using an XP professional operating system. It would be nice to get a subroutine to incorporate into a large module. If this is not available perhaps the memory locations for these screens are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I suspect it would be extremely difficult. For one thing, it's a USB printer (right?), which didn't exactly exist when VB for DOS (or DOS without Windows for that matter) was in regular use, so that could be tricky... though you might be able to emulate an LPT port or something.

Other than that, you'd have to figure out the language that the printer driver uses to talk to the Epson (probably ESC/P?), figure out the handshaking protocols (inkjet printers tend to have fairly small buffers, so there's a possibility of stop-start-stop-start data exchange between computer and printer) and regenerate your graphics in that. Personally, I think it's wasted effort, but there you go...

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

Advertisement