Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Kicks - Erlend Oye

• 19-07-2005 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

I started listening to electronica over the summer and it was a DJ Kicks cd that started it all - Erlend Oye to be precise. I'd never heard of this series of albums until I went to America, they've released about 5 cds that i know of, all featuring different artists/DJs. Anyway, Erlend is amazing as is his band Kings of Convenience and from there I've discovered more artists.

Anyone heard of Erlend, KofC or even DJ Kicks? I'd love to know if they have a large Irish fanbase.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I didnt get that one yet but have picked it up many a time! I have bought a few DJ Kicks CD's since my first purchase in '95 which was CJ Bolland. Other than that I have the following from that series (all of which are excellent) -

Nightmares on Wax
    Terranova
    Daddy G
    Chicken Lips
    Kruder & Dorfmeister

I bought the Victor Duplaix but brought it back as it didnt really do it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I havn't heard many of these but it's a well recognised series. I used to work in a music shop across the Atlantic and it was quite popular. The ones I could recommend myself are:
    Kruder & Dorfmeister
    Nightmares on Wax
    I remember the Thievery Corporation being popular too.
    I'm sure others here can guide you better than that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Felixdhc wrote:

DJ Kicks CD

Nightmares on Wax

Spanish dude was gave a loan of this to me a couple of months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The Erlend Oye one is very good, the series has been about for 10years and they are kinda low-key releases, big names but not heavily advertised that they are out.

The Daddy G and Kruder ones are probably my favs.

Great series of CD's

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

the kemistry and storm one was great, as was the kruder and dorfmeister one....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Dr. Octagon

Has anyone heard the Claude Young dj kicks?

I might get it...He is an insane DJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 corporate kid

This is probably the best mix album ever.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Has anyone heard the Claude Young dj kicks?

I might get it...He is an insane DJ

I havent heard the DJ Kicks CD but heard him live years ago, was brilliant. Mixing two tracks together and using his elbow to cue records, amazing scratching etc, would imagine the CD is well worth getting. Have you seen it in a store here or just online?

EDIT - Mixing two of the same tracks together and creating a new sound so to speak!

Advertisement