Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabled exchanges

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

It should certainly be updated as that Smart list has completely changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Indeed this is very strange, I would have thought that either the IOFFL forum or the Broadband forum would have the enabled exchanges information - that and an up to date comparison of the different vendors products sorted by cost (possibly with reviews so €ircoms time limited effort is slated as rubbish) .... surely these are the two most frequently asked questions by broadband newbies? ...

I'm trying to find out if the Caherciveen (Co. Kerry) exchange is enabled and have drawn a blank ... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

BigEejit wrote:
    Indeed this is very strange, I would have thought that either the IOFFL forum or the Broadband forum would have the enabled exchanges information - that and an up to date comparison of the different vendors products sorted by cost (possibly with reviews so €ircoms time limited effort is slated as rubbish) .... surely these are the two most frequently asked questions by broadband newbies? ...

I'm trying to find out if the Caherciveen (Co. Kerry) exchange is enabled and have drawn a blank ... :mad:

This should help you out:

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/bbinfo/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

Looks like there are mainly Satellite Broadband providers there..but even the government website is out of date...jaysus

I'd say just give BT a call, and ask if Cahirciveen exchange is enabled. I wouldn't call Eircom, (either they have young trainees in the call centre who don't know their ABC's yet, or else you get a cranky old bag on the phone).

If an Eircom exchange is enabled, then BT will be able to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

zuma wrote:
    It should certainly be updated as that Smart list has completely changed now.

Yes, but changed to what? The info in that sticky came from Smart and I don't think Smart has released any updated information. Perhaps the Smart part of the sticky should be changed to only include the enabled exchanges and offer no clues to future ones.

Advertisement