Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Food"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

The lunches are sh!t as are the breakfasts, but when they put them together it's pure magic.The brunches are amazing, the nicest food they do.Some of the dinners are grand and I liked the burgers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

I have yet to eat any potatoes that are properly cooked and not hard, including the potatoe salad. dunno what i'd do without spar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 T.J.

I can't understand how anyone can put up with the bowl full of grease they call soup and you hear people say "it wasn't that bad today" ITS THE SAME EVERY DAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well today the minestrone was most definitely last night's vegetarian lasagne. But some days it is actually tolerable. I'm sure. Maybe... Perhaps once.

Well you can't go wrong with bread. *waits to see what horror the bread has befallen tomorrow*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well you can't go wrong with bread. *waits to see what horror the bread has befallen tomorrow*

Wouldn't worry about that. That's been said for the last <<x>> number of years. If anything was gonna happen to the bread it'd already have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Maybe it already did...

*conspiracies*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

shhhhhh, you'll scare the children

*shares conspiratorial nod*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

T.J. wrote:
    I can't understand how anyone can put up with the bowl full of grease they call soup and you hear people say "it wasn't that bad today" ITS THE SAME EVERY DAY!!

It wasn't the same every day. The "vegetable" soup changed colour every day and they still managed to make it crap most days. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

As a person who has an odd phobia of soup I can quite happily say that lunch was always revolting. I ate in the canteen food a total of 3 times this year, 2 of those being gigantamungous mistakes. Pasta + low fat 'butter' = [insert various puking noises here]. All I can say is thank godman for Spar. If it hadn't been for my daily whole breaded chicken breast I surely would have vanished into thin (and short) air. Even so I managed to lose 3 pounds which is really not good at all considering I only weigh just under 6 stone anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

y'know, I'd never seen breaded lasagne before ctyi. and I have never seen it since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

THe lunches rocked, I just walked in, grabbed 2 sandwiches and left. Every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

the lunches were grand, cept maybe on the last day when the options for soup were mushroom or cream of mushroom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

On Wednesday the soup looked like pure vomit.

Me:'What's today's choices?'
    Lunch Lady:'Orange or Green'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

last year their stir-fry wasn't half bad and th echicken was fairly edible
    .......but that could just be because i had my curry spice and put it on everything

**crappy school food sidenote**
    i'm at the johns-hopkins pre-college program and the food is utter crap
    worse then the canteen in most areas and dripping with grease where their shouldn't be grease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Ah, the DCU canteen. Home of utterly tasteless green apples, salty soup, hazelnut and rhubarb yoghurts, lasagne that looked like...God knows what, and more. And that's just Mondays! Bob Geldof really wouldn't like them if he lived in DCU. But remember: all canteen food comes from Margaret Thatcher's underground labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

In the bathroom beside cg115 on the underside of the lid of one of the toilets there was a sticker that said 'this way to the canteen' and an arrow pointing into the toilet :p They had loads of bananas this year! Would've been perfect for the mass suicide....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

It sucked, but was *slightly* better than last year. And because I ate junk in Spar every day, I actually put on quarter a stone!

Last year in Marine Bio. we dissected fish. That day we had fish for lunch.

This year we dissected rat. That day we had..... meatballs for lunch.

Does anyone else besides me find that disturbing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 staaap

next year write down your a veggie cos the stuff is absolutely f***ing gorgeous.it almost tastes like real food!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

Burgers were nice I thought ... if slightly completely undercooked.
    "Lost your dog? Try the canteen on steak day"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

*rages against the canteen*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Disharmony

I found that some varieties of soup became edible after nine packets of pepper. Gives it a bit of texture as well as covering up the taste. Mmmmm, pepper!

Today - Spicy chicken stir-fry
    Tomorrow - Spicy chicken soup
    -And by chicken we mean pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Disharmony wrote:
    I found that some varieties of soup became edible after nine packets of pepper. Gives it a bit of texture as well as covering up the taste. Mmmmm, pepper!

And subsuquently sabotaged my soup with your craaazy ideas. But we had fun, that's whats important.

sigh

Advertisement