Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The perfect samwhich

• 20-07-2001 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I used to make big big samwhiches before, with just about anything I could find. Anyway the nicest samwhich I've ever had has been Toasted Ham Cheese and Relish *nyom* god I love one of those right now.

Anyway I was wondering what do you think makes an excellant samwhich.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

my fave :
    salami, swiss cheese, onion, lettuce, mayo(little bit).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

lettuce, chicken, tomato, coleslaw. all in a baguette style roll.

i invented '.com'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Crispy rashers, Mayo, letus, and a relish from Ballamalue.(sp?)

-Dark-Eat0ring-Angel-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ballamalue = Ballymaloe methinks
    Toated bacon (or honey roast ham) and cheddar sandwich on plain brown / white bread with a salad garnish topped in honey and mustard dressing.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 21-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Salad? What in /hell/ is that?!

-Dark-Angel-

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2 slices of white bread (with the crusts choppped off neatly) with a filling of finely chopped onions, tuna and a small amount of mayo mixed in. Om nyom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Take one Roll and stuff it with garlic salami, some lettuce, onions, peppers, tomatoes and a large helping of ketchup mixed with amyonaise and then placed under the grill with a helping o grated cheese on top OM NYOM! licks lips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

mmmm, steak sandwich, just had one and can still taste it in meh mouth mmmmm smile.gif

failing that you cant beat a toasted cheese and onion sandwich, and if none of the aforementioned ingredients are available, have a crisp sandwich (cheese and onion flavour crips preferably).

biggrin.gif

Aka: Sexual Harassment Panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Mmmmmmm sandwiches...

Well for me it's got to me my garlicy mushroom bap (OMFG it's good) http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum29/HTML/000017.html

but from the meat eating part of my memory nothing beats a few streaky rashers jammed between a pair slices of hot buttered white toast.

Memories.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

when i was in america there about 2 years ago, i visited philadelphia.
    they have a traditional sambo the "philadelphian cheese steak" .
    its a baguette with minced steak, onion, fried mushrooms and whatever else u want thrown in with melted cheese on the top.
    its absolutely smashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cheese, ham, tomato cut in triangles. Also works toasted.

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I love bread, and I'll generally eat it with anything I can, and as much of it as I can, I don't however go for sandwhiches much really, but if I was having a large irish fried breakfast, I'd eat maybe 5/6 slices of toast/bread with it, mmmmmm, sausage/rasher/fried egg sandwhiches...... also, chips are great rolled up in a slice of bread.

Advertisement