Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you believe?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

kernel wrote:
    I've long been interested in the paranormal, so I 'share' the point of view that the paranormal exists - but does this give anyone in this forum carte blanche to rave about any nonsensical fantasies in their head? If you want the forum to degenerate in such a way, then you'll quickly find most people with a genuine interest will leave. Even Sapien, earlier in the thread, welcomed debate and disagreement, and then went on to say he would relate some stories of his experiences... but he did not.
    this thread began as a seperation from another in whch sapien challeneged my beliefs. I asked him to read the charter regarding the appropriate manner in which to chellenge beliefs here at this forum and I'm going to point you in the same direction. (maybe you could read the beginning of this thread again)
    from the charter: As I have already stated this forum is for those that have an interest in the paranormal as such disparaging statements against posters for voicing their beliefs are not welcome.
    you may challenge, question and explore any particular phenomena which comes under the category of the paranormal, not the person who believes in it. On two counts in this thread you have questioned sapiens sanity and called him a bulsh!tter. I may not hold the same beliefs as sapien but its the beliefs I challenge not him.
    it's a fine line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Kernel wrote:
    Even Sapien, earlier in the thread, welcomed debate and disagreement, and then went on to say he would relate some stories of his experiences... but he did not.
    That ball's in your court now, old man, and it's beginning to seem like you've changed your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

solas wrote:
    you may challenge, question and explore any particular phenomena which comes under the category of the paranormal, not the person who believes in it. On two counts in this thread you have questioned sapiens sanity and called him a bulsh!tter. I may not hold the same beliefs as sapien but its the beliefs I challenge not him.
    it's a fine line.

How can you seperate the beliefs from the person if the beliefs are so firmly ingrained in the person? Aren't beliefs and psychological state firmly intertwined? After all if someone is 'slightly off the hook' doesn't that affect their beliefs? If the beliefs are strange, can one not question the mental state, the brain behind the beliefs? If not, then psychology is all just pointless, and if I claim to have captured a leprechaun when coming back from the pub, nobody can ask if I was drunk, or if I have a mental illness that makes me prone to hallucination or exaggeration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Sapien wrote:
    That ball's in your court now, old man, and it's beginning to seem like you've changed your mind.

How so lad? :confused:

Advertisement