Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in Waterford - broadband required

• 19-07-2005 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Im moving to an apartment in Ferrybank , Waterford in about 4 weeks. Theres a ceased eircom phoneline there already, meaning it would only be something like 29.99 to reactivate.

Should I not bother with eircom at all though and just ask BT to sort it out from scratch?? Or, given that theres no number attached to the line at the moment, would I need to sign up with eircom first, and then get BT on the case?

I think their €15 a month for the first few months package is the best option given that Smart or NTL arent providing broadband there yet , so Im told.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Trotter wrote:
    Im moving to an apartment in Ferrybank , Waterford in about 4 weeks. Theres a ceased eircom phoneline there already, meaning it would only be something like 29.99 to reactivate.

Should I not bother with eircom at all though and just ask BT to sort it out from scratch?? Or, given that theres no number attached to the line at the moment, would I need to sign up with eircom first, and then get BT on the case?

I think their €15 a month for the first few months package is the best option given that Smart or NTL arent providing broadband there yet , so Im told.

Any advice?

NTL is now providing broadband in Waterford (1800 234 234) as far as I know Ferrybank is live? . If you dont want to get a phoneline there are also the wireless operators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trotter, if you are going to have NTL working then you might as well get the internet package if its availible.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

If you are considering wireless, don't go for Digiweb....nothing but heartache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

crawler wrote:
    NTL is now providing broadband in Waterford (1800 234 234) as far as I know Ferrybank is live? . If you dont want to get a phoneline there are also the wireless operators.

Have you actually contacted NTL? Best to get it from the horse's mouth! :D

Advertisement