Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doom MOVIE OMG OMG YESS YESS YESS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

.... I dunno, sounds a little to good to be believed..
    I'll wait til I hear it from a bigger site, and see the clip myself..

Still tho, good to hear at least SOMETHING positive coming from the film.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow, back on track!

Sounds like it could be a pleasant surprise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

-Why The Rock wanted to do the DOOM movie: "I realized I could shoot the BFG."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ummmmmm this sounds hopeful.....I do hope it works out OK because I'm sick of bad videogame film adaptations /fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

When does the stuff normally shown at Comic Con get shown to everyone else? The V for Vendetta and Doom trailers sound really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This sounds promising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That POV scene sounds like nothing more than a gimmick shot pandering to fanboys. Something like that isn't going to make or break the movie, so I'm not going to get my hopes up on this one. I will go and see it, and I do hope that it can suprise me (Rick Baker's involvement is encouraging, at the very least we won't have a total CGI Fest) but I'd lay off on any expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kazaanova wrote:
    When does the stuff normally shown at Comic Con get shown to everyone else? The V for Vendetta and Doom trailers sound really good.
    if it's anything like last year (Sin City)
    a rip should be available a few hours later...

sounds fairly cool. can't wait to see the barons of hell :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

This has given me just a glimmer of hope. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I reckon it could be good, and I dont even like doom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

-"The intensity of the game is in the movie," said The Rock. From minute 5 we're there. Non-stop train ride to Hell."

descriptions like this make me not want to see the movie!

but if it does materialise i will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've got my fingers & toes crossed for a good movie, but maybe having our expectations lowered by crappy reviews and the rock starring makes anything they put on screen seem incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i want to see the trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I've heard people comparing thr rock to arnie, do people not understand that arnie was a god,
    A GOD !!!

I dont know if its the rock or the directors, but anything I've seen him in really sucked ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I dont understand why they compare the Rock and Arnie, Arnie was a god of action, and the Rock could end up the same, but for completely different reasons. The Rock is probably quicker and better on screen than Arnie ever was, and is probably a better actor too. But Arnie is just Arnie, hes amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Two screenshots here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pity there are no green suited Marines with the helmet that looks like a futuristic bicycle helmet...now THAT woulda been cool

Advertisement