Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Networks

• 19-07-2005 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

anybody hear anything about these guys
    magnet wrote:
    No more modems, no more cut connections. Just sign up to Magnet Networks, and plug into broadband Internet at the speed of light, available as and when you want it.

For added choice and flexibility, Magnet Networks offers customers Turbo Internet, a super-fast connection offered at competitive rates which can be purchased as required for a set period of time, such as when downloading games, or films or music.

# Ireland’s fastest residential broadband internet service
    # High-speed 2Mbps true broadband up/download
    # No contention

source

And no i'm not a rep for them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

No Contention?????????????????
    All for 29.90 for 2mb up and down?12gb download cap
    I'm on the hunt for new isp too IBB is a joke.
    Ah tis fiber optic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Balls its only in north dublin in the grange -

I live on the southside -

shame about the cap also.

The size of the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Pretty nice looking pic.

I need one of those small electrical boxes myself to tidy up some of my equipment and lock it up away from prying hands!

They are only doing new homes as well....wish they had the finances of verizon and had a much higher CAP.

http://www.magnetnetworks.com/default.aspx?pageaction=userguide
    Sweden have had this for years...luck so and so's!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Only in new housing ! and cant be retrofitted ! met these guys on business and they are rolling out fibre to the home by way of the MANs in some locations ! fibre brought to a pillar in your housing estate and CAT6 around the estate ! streaming internet, tv and phone and more or less whatever you can use the CAT6 for !!

only bad thing is that it has to be fitted with "new homes" and they only have a handful of completed projects and a fw in the pipeline !

main issues is builders buying into this product as a pposed to coax or copper !!!

Each house has 200mb conection sysmetreical ! split 2mb for Internet, and the rest TV and phone !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I'm on the hunt for new isp too IBB is a joke.

Yeah im always laughing at my 240Kb download speed :D and my 270Kbs upload speeds. :rolleyes:

Also why would each house have 198Mb for phone / TV???? Thats just thick (not you btw)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Yeah im always laughing at my 240Kb download speed :D and my 270Kbs upload speeds. :rolleyes:

Also why would each house have 198Mb for phone / TV???? Thats just thick (not you btw)....

They have a product video on demand ! and basically you can order say ET and it downloads in a few secs to your box on your telly for an immediate start !

Also, you can order incresed bandwidth when you want it ! ie 2mbit contract and then 10 m/bits / 20 m/bits when you have your toorent mates over !! lol or just when you think you wanna have video conference with all your relation in Austrlia !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

hehe i just got ET this week. i have a streaming dvd player which streams from a server with 500Gb of HD space mostly full took 4-5 months to fill

oh and it streams HD @ about 10-25Mbs wirelessly that why i dont get the need for 198Mbs

Advertisement