Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curse of running Monkey Island on XP

Options
  • 19-07-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Curse of Monkey Island running on our modern, space-age PCs? Every time I try to play it on my fairly new PC, the sound starts stuttering terribly a few mintues in and the game locks up. Any help would be really appreciated, it's about time I gave this game a go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Scumm

:D

Or try "monkey island windows xp" in google

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It works perfectly in scummvm - I played it through to the end on scummvm on a windows XP machine before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

It works fine on mine. 1,2 and 3 play fine, though i did tick the "run in windows 98" thingie on the properties -> compatability tab before i ever tried it on xp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

there is a scumm emulator on the PSP also

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/scummvmpsp.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

the third one ran fine for me after i made an image of the cd, and installed/ran from that mounted image, and as said run in compatibility with win 98 thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I've got it working fine now. You guys are the greatest! Really though, thanks.

I didn't even know you could fiddle around with a program's compatibility in XP. Boy, do I feel like the last kid picked at Saturday morning CounterStrike. :)

Hey, we all had to ask about things - we weren't born all-knowing.

Have fun.

Love the music in it :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Bamboozled wrote:
    Hey, we all had to ask about things - we weren't born all-knowing.

Have fun.

Love the music in it :D
    its refreshing to see a boards member say this.. i'm shocked. Brings a tear to my eye..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

use scummvm works great on all lucas arts classics
    (ahh day of the tentacle how i love that game)

its refreshing to see a boards member say this.. i'm shocked. Brings a tear to my eye..
    :p

I love DOTT too :D Mad! I think i'll have to root it out again now :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement