Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mario's

• 20-07-2005 1:41am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

just a quick question,anybody know what's up with mario's?
    was walking by there today and it seems to have been all packed up and the equipment removed.is it closed for good?if so,do you know what's gonna be there instead of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

good ridance, charcoal grill will always be the king of take-aways for me when im drunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never even been to Marios.... :(

Where is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its where Snack Box used to be I think. They had nice food, wonder why they closed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Nooooo. I was just thinking about battered sausages cooked in oil older than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah yes the added flavour Robbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

toiletduck wrote:
    good ridance, charcoal grill will always be the king of take-aways for me when im drunk!

you take that back or else grrrr :mad:

they do the best battered sausage EVER, but as far as i know they just doing it up so they should (hopefully) be back soon

danniemcq wrote:
    you take that back or else grrrr :mad:

no way! haven't been to mario's in about a year, coincidentially enough right after i discovered charcoal grill!

toiletduck wrote:
    no way! haven't been to mario's in about a year, coincidentially enough right after i discovered charcoal grill!

where is this charcoal grill you speak of? i have a feeling i'll be testing it tonight! just to prove you wrong...!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

danniemcq wrote:
    but as far as i know they just doing it up so they should (hopefully) be back soon
    hmm this is the kinda answer i want :)
    was looking forward to some chips in marios before the bus back home...sigh :rolleyes:
    and what some people don't like it there!admittedly never have eaten sober there but come on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Danny I'll treat you to a kebab in Charcoal Grill. I don't know, I think Mario's got their window broken, got scared and ran away..... Maybe snack box is coming back... The revolutionary takeaway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what about their big bouncer to protect them...and hurt me...

danniemcq wrote:
    where is this charcoal grill you speak of? i have a feeling i'll be testing it tonight! just to prove you wrong...!

it's down opposite the cornstore, used to be called strawberry fields a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Don't give me a shock like that Tar.Aldarion, I'm living in England at the moment and whenever i come home there are a few things I gotta do. One of them is going to Marios for their battered Sausage. Having a nice pint of Guiness is another and enjoying some nice packets of Tayto Crisps is another.

God the little things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Must really try eat in Marios.....

....even if one battered sausage is about triple your daily recommended calorie limit :p

AthAnRi wrote:
    Don't give me a shock like that Tar.Aldarion, I'm living in England at the moment and whenever i come home there are a few things I gotta do. One of them is going to Marios for their battered Sausage. Having a nice pint of Guiness is another and enjoying some nice packets of Tayto Crisps is another.

God the little things.
    my friend nearly had a heart attack when she saw(no doubt marios helped there too ),isnt it better to have a foreknowledge than to just look forward to it for ages and bam...i'll keep you up to date lol

grasshopa wrote:
    Danny I'll treat you to a kebab in Charcoal Grill. I don't know, I think Mario's got their window broken, got scared and ran away..... Maybe snack box is coming back... The revolutionary takeaway!

god dammit barry spell my name right! but i will hold you to that!
    even if one battered sausage is about triple your daily recommended calorie limit

come on how many times do you exceed your recommended units of alcohol per week?!?!? whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
    toiletduck wrote:
    it's down opposite the cornstore, used to be called strawberry fields a few years ago.

i'll be movin to the city center in the next 2 days so i will try the food. but i find it hard to believe marios can be beaten!

mcdonaghs is good tooo mmm

ah feck now i'm hungry

ah feck now i have to back to galway for chips :(

ah feck now i have to back to galway for chips :(

have yoo tried the chicken fillet burgers from the 4 lights in sligo???

• Advertisement

vegetarian :) but when i was like 9 yes i did :P

they are the ultimate in foody goodness.... only thing i miss about sligo!

i am here i will misss nothing! :P apart from where i live,looks nice and all that...sone i will retake galway!

i am here i will misss nothing! :P apart from where i live,looks nice and all that...sone i will retake galway!

ah i'm sure there'd be one or two memories of ENVY (stupid name) that you'll miss. + the two euro vodkas in the leitrim!

heh heh true enough many good memories but that was the ppl not this em bad town :)
    envy is sucks but funny name...miss equinox,much better name :)

yeah i missed that name by a year, /sigh oh well i'll always have my faded memories of drunkenness~!

well its nice to know other ppl got out of sligo :)

it's tough man, it always tries to drag you back in with it's RAG week specials and the sort but the battle can be won!

lol ya ...i partake in every colleges ragweek :)
    i enjoyed one o those foam parties in gaillaimh this year...was spot on!

• Advertisement

feckin missed them (just quit job) but still managed to go out with my housemate every day/night for 15 days straight and still come home hammered every night! ahh thoise were the good times!~

heh oh ya,drunk twice a day during rag week lol...ouch!

to bad they aren't RAG months or at least weeks!

lol wouldn't you die?

yeah but i'd die happy! :D

replaced by a place called mimosas, chips are ok,much better than supercraps etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Compared to McDonaghs Classic Chips™ how do they rate?

crap, i don't know...rather drunk.to be safe you had better go to mcdonaghs for now and i will hurt my body this thurs by eating chips in both shops.all for the furthering of human knowledge needless to say.

you're drunk! and it's not even 8! nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Take It To Private Messages Funboys!

i'll fun yore ma! /pms dannie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ay... That would kinda save some room!

DRakE wrote:
    Take It To Private Messages Funboys!

hey D1kE ... sorry DRakE nice sig :D

Advertisement