Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Short

• 31-07-2001 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Jameson's and Coke, or J.D. and Coke biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hmmmmm JD and Coke the drink of the gods imho...

kayos
    When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gin and Bitter Lemon - NYOM!!!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But, but, but ... are they really shorts? frown.gif

Surely a short doesn't have a mixer? Or am I thinking of shots? Is there a difference. Anyway I tend go for a double Bailey's or, if I am allowed to include simple cokctails, a Springboker (half Creme de Menthe, half Bailey's - they separate into layers, tastes like a mint Aero). smile.gif

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A mint aero would be cheaper biggrin.gif

Straight Shots I recommend:

Jadgermeister, it's an opiate, what else do i have to say?

Aftershock, basically it can get you drunk fast,

Absinth(sp?) only served in cork by Fred Zepplin's, excellent pub btw, legal limit is 2 shots biggrin.gif mwahaha

Brandy is nice, but it don't mix well with grain alcohols, i.e. everything else.

[This message has been edited by nesf (edited 01-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

southern comfort and lime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

They tried to ban Absinthe in France years ago because it got people way, way too ****ed.

Me I'm partial to either jadgermeister or aftershock as a straight shot.

With a mixer I tend to go for whiskey and coke or whiskey and white.

I've stopped drinking vodka since my, vodka, orange and red bull concoctions which used to leave me with a blank mind and a weird dizzying hangover.

Also I tend to only drink a few whiskeys and then back to beer because too much whiskey makes me very, very angry.

**** sympathy! I don't need your ****in' sympathy, man, I need my ****ing johnson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I prefer Southern Comfort and white smile.gif

Absinthe is harsh tack. Nice effect though biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:
    A mint aero would be cheaper</font>

Oh, yeah, and the mint aero doesn't kick you either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

A mint aero would be cheaper biggrin.gif

Absinth(sp?) only served in cork by Fred Zepplin's, excellent pub btw, legal limit is 2 shots biggrin.gif mwahaha

[This message has been edited by nesf (edited 01-08-2001).]
    </font>

muhahahaha gimmie one , and another , and anotherz ,,,, burp a coma on 1 more for the road . ello darlin do you know where i live ?!?!

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Absinthe... gawd the memories, or rather lack of them... smile.gif

Made 25 phone calls one christmas eve after 3 glasses of absinthe, I don't remember a single call (maybe Dav does smile.gif )

The proper way is with sugar and hot water of course!

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭LURCH

favourite shots..lemme see smile.gif
    goldshlanger and creme de menthe would easily be my favourite
    but there is also a nice orange liquor, cant remember the name of it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

have to try absinth.....5would do me wink.gif

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LURCH:
    but there is also a nice orange liquor, cant remember the name of it tho</font>

Would that be Cointreau (pronounced quantro) Lurch ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    Absinthe... gawd the memories, or rather lack of them... smile.gif

Made 25 phone calls one christmas eve after 3 glasses of absinthe, I don't remember a single call (maybe Dav does smile.gif )

The proper way is with sugar and hot water of course!

Al.
    </font>

I do remember that indeed - God that was how many years ago - 3??? Madness!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Brandy is nice, but it don't mix well with grain alcohols, i.e. everything else.

B]</font>

Freds don't allow you to get more than 2 at a time. They are liberal though. You can go up again. I believe the Exchange does it also, and I know for a fact that they sell it in Issac Bells, both also in Cork.

Baileys mixes well with Brandy. And so does Tia Maria. Brandy and Baileys will give you a great sleep after a few.

Now for a nice Cócktail. Given to me by a friend of mine. Get one pint glass, some ice if u want. Add in 2 shots of Vodka, 2 shots Peach Schnapps, 1 Lemon Bacardi Breezer. Might sound ewww, but its really mmmmm. You don't notice how smashed you get until halfway through. Would not recommend drinking two, cos you'll do er, silly things.

The name of it is a Super Dooper Lemon Looper. Magic.

[This message has been edited by yellum (edited 16-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

My favourite short, is more of a shot, its (Smirnoff) Vodka straight with one cube of ice, but u have to let it cool, otherwise vodka can be pretty harsh.

Old number 7 is great.
    Absinthe is dangerous, a friend of mine brought a flagan of it to Witnness. It was green, i think it mentioned something about a hallucogenic mushroom on the back and it was called "The Stranger", its slogan was "Have you ever met a stranger....." and it looked very very dangerous.

I often see women drinking Tia Maria and Milk, supposedly really sweet but i never had it.

Also a Blue Lagoon is good, and it looks kool. smile.gif

Aka: Sexual Harassment Panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I was recently introduced to Hunter's 'special' in Tramco (sorry lads, secret formula... wink.gif ) - once it got to work, it certainly did the job.

On a usual night out I'm partial to two Vodka (Boru for preference) and Red Bulls - skull the first, then sip the second.

The only spirits I can drink neat without making a face like I just ate a lemon are schnapps and tequila. Anything else just tastes like drinking aftershave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Jack Daniels straight altho me and a mate mixed it with pints of Hinekan (spelling) one night and starting flooring them, ooooh the head rush

I'd also drink vodka straight before adding coke or red bull I think it tastes way better.

Baileys and milk would have to other favourite spirit based drink if only coz it goes down easy and after 6 of them everything is better smile.gif

Aftershock *ugh* don't go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I would "drive" a shot of John Powers Whiskey (The Irish) or Vodka down me. smile.gif

I also like 'choc pop' if it can be called a short. confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Johnny_the_fox (edited 27-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sadie

another version of Super Dooper Lemon Looper - Monkey's P*ss...

2 pint glasses
    2 vodka, 2 peach schnapps, 1/2 bacardi breezer in each, top the whole lot off with red bull... if you make it through two of these, forget about remembering the rest of the night. Rocket fuel, rotten red bull hangover but oh the fun you have...

• Advertisement

Ash (well into his third bottle of Jack Daniels bourbon in 24 sleepless hours): "I´m drunk. I´m drunk, bitter and defending the Jesuits".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

peach schnapps and red bull

or fuzzy navel ****tail

in fact anyhtgingthat doesnt taste of alcohol but gets you blotto if im in that mood, which rare these days frown.gif
    am too old

Advertisement