Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ffs

Options
  • 20-07-2005 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I posted this in afterhours.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280543

I didnt intentionally put it in the wrong forum, i wanted to put it in the wanted forum but that's closed :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me where the fúck i'm supposed to put it then?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are wanted subforums in each for sale forum, and there is also a bargain alerts forum. Use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭GOAT_BOY

Oh how handy:rolleyes: How the **** would i have known that exactly?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

GOAT_BOY wrote:
    Oh how handy:rolleyes: How the **** would i have known that exactly?
    My guess is by examining the forums available before posting to see if there's one more suitable for your needs?

As in "Ohh, I want to buy something. Things are bought in shops. Ohh look a shop category! What's under here..." et cetera...

I wanted to post a wanted thread, i looked for a wanted forum, it was closed. Is that too hard to understand? Hence i assumed there was no wanted forum, so why the **** would i have looked in the for sale section?

Jesus, you mods aren't the brightest stars in the sky are ya's.

I'd understand if i had patently posted in the wrong forum, but i didn't, i attempted to post in the right forum, once i realised it was closed i posted in the one i thought most suitable. There was no reason to put it in the recycle bin, that was just plain dumbassesque.

It's ok, i know you're just going to disagree with me and waffle on about ****e, even though i'm right. What else is there to expect from boards?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

GOAT_BOY wrote:
    Jesus, you mods aren't the brightest stars in the sky are ya's.

bowing down to your level is difficult at the best of times.
    if you had bothered your arse to look at the drop down menu's, you would have found it no problem. We are not here to hold your hand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Beruthiel wrote:
    We are not here to hold your hand

really? :eek:

ah damn!

/me goes looks for forum where they hold hands :D

I was actually wondering why the 'wanted' forum is still been displayed, can't it be removed?

Beruthiel wrote:
    bowing down to your level is difficult at the best of times.
    if you had bothered your arse to look at the drop down menu's, you would have found it no problem. We are not here to hold your hand

Well Bravo *claps*

If you knew your arse from your elbow you'd realise the sub sub sub wanted forums in the sub sub for sale forums don't show up on the drop down menu :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Perhaps a sticky in the old wanted forum - pointing out the location of the new wanted areas is in order..

davej

Gilgamesh wrote:
    /me goes looks for forum where they hold hands :D

it doesn't exist
    you'll have to request it
    do you know where to go to request it?

I was actually wondering why the 'wanted' forum is still been displayed, can't it be removed?

because the Admins have been busy living it up on a tropical island somewhere in the south pacific, they will remove it when they are good and ready

The worst offence anyone can do on After Hours is say "I didn't know where to put this, so I'm just dumping this here".

There's a policy on After Hours that if it could have been posted elsewhere I'll bin it. It's in the sticky at the top of the thread. If you're unsure of where to put the post, PM me or Trojan. You might think it sucks, but it's what we're reduced to because of the sheer volume of posts because people are too lazy/ignorant to put some effort into looking for the right forum.

• Advertisement

GOAT_BOY wrote:
    Well Bravo *claps*

If you knew your arse from your elbow you'd realise the sub sub sub wanted forums in the sub sub for sale forums don't show up on the drop down menu :rolleyes:
    They do.

GOAT_BOY wrote:

they are under the "new" menu,
    I know, tis such a trial to have a look around though, isn't it? :/

might I suggest, if you had been a little less rude, you might have gotten help, but I for one, don't take kindly to individuals such as yourself

davej wrote:
    Perhaps a sticky in the old wanted forum - pointing out the location of the new wanted areas is in order..

davej
    Done.

seamus wrote:
    They do.
    Well they don't for me.
    The worst offence anyone can do on After Hours is say "I didn't know where to put this, so I'm just dumping this here".

There's a policy on After Hours that if it could have been posted elsewhere I'll bin it. It's in the sticky at the top of the thread. If you're unsure of where to put the post, PM me or Trojan. You might think it sucks, but it's what we're reduced to because of the sheer volume of posts because people are too lazy/ignorant to put some effort into looking for the right forum.

Well that's all fair enough but i didn't think there was a place to put it seeing as the WANTED forum was closed, why would i assume there was another one around, why would there be 2? why is there 2? Is there 2 of any other forum? It's very misleading and hardly any fault of my own.

Beruthiel wrote:
    might I suggest, if you had been a little less rude, you might have gotten help, but I for one, don't take kindly to individuals such as yourself
    awww, i'm sawry, poor B. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you're too stupid to find the correct forum yourself, you could have PM'd one of the mods politely asking for the correct forum to post under and I'm sure they'd have answered.

Any chance we can add an IQ test to the registration process?

GOAT_BOY wrote:
    Well they don't for me.
    See attached pic. Perhaps you need a new screen. I hear you can get some good deals on the Wanted forums.
    Well that's all fair enough but i didn't think there was a place to put it seeing as the WANTED forum was closed, why would i assume there was another one around, why would there be 2? why is there 2? Is there 2 of any other forum? It's very misleading and hardly any fault of my own.
    What Sleepy said. Does it not seem obvious that if such a forum was closed, there would be some other option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The problem here is not your actual problem, as it's understandable, but rather your utterly childish arsehole attitude towards both boards and its mod's...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

The problem here is not your actual problem, as it's understandable, but rather your utterly childish arsehole attitude towards both boards and its mod's...

hear hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Haha! Was just in the shop humour...yourself and Woody would get on well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Beruthiel wrote:
    it doesn't exist
    you'll have to request it
    do you know where to go to request it?

schnief, schnief, no I don't, WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

For simple minds:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sod this for a game of soldiers. GOAT_BOY banned from Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I blame GAIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Thats great Steveire.

With respect to Goatboy, he had a good arguement. And his first post was not childish, bar the unneccessary profanity.

Advertisement