Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Seeing Eye - Assistance required

Options
  • 20-07-2005 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I installed ASE last night for the first time. I have been using the ingame browser and it is killing me at this point. No games available with a ping lower than 150. After installing it, it started causing havoc on my system. It completely blew out my broadband connection so that my browser didn't work anymore until I restart my machine.
    Thinking it was firewall related, I decided to disable zonealarm but the same happens.

Very frustrating :mad: . It's like it takes over my connection and nothing else can use it because it still appears to function. I have re-installed it 3 or 4 times.

Also, I only got a server listing once and I still couldn't launch into a game.

Any suggestions would be great. (I ended up going back and using the ingame browser) sucks ass. Looking forward to a good game tonight so anything you could suggest would be great. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Only thing I can think of is try another firewall. I've had nothing but trouble with 3 installs of ZA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 _Dubh_

Thanks for the reply but I have tried this without the firewall.

With no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Honestly dunno if this could be it, but ASE needs to search for the servers for the installed games you have on the machine. Obviously this may take a while the first time run it, maybe longer dependin on the amount of games you have installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ASE tests your connection when 1st ran, let it finsih unblocked.

When scanning servers as a non registered user it takes a while but set your filters to exclude anywhere but UK and Ire. And it be fast next time.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Not sure if its the same problem but Norton went crazy and gave similar symptoms when i patched the game. It had BF2 on its exclusion list for port access. When patched it still had the exclusion, but as it was a different version number, it just dumped me back to desktop and asked me if I wanted to allow access. EVERY TIME. The solution was to de-list it from the exclusion list, run the game and then approve it again when it dumps you back. The next time and each time after it will work. (until the next patch anyway)
    Hope thats the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement