Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 5, first pics

Options
  • 20-07-2005 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭

It will be on the PS3/Xbox360

up468291ok.jpg
    Taken from Famitsu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Wow! The zombies in the mist looks scary!

Me gotta get resi 4 first though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope this is as ridiculously good as Resi 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I just completed Resi 4 yesterday, hope this one plays as good as 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

No resi for revolution? Ah well. unless they do an outbreak type spin off. which is not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Looks interesting, I'm guessing that's Chris in the pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

This is the first game to actually make me want a next gen console :)
    the bottom right pic makes me moist (same gameplay style as resi4 by the look of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

tman wrote:
    the bottom right pic makes me moist
    Ewwww.... too much information! :)

Pics look great, though. After the cube exclusive with RE4, I wonder what happened for Nintendo to lose out on the sequel?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TmB wrote:
    Pics look great, though. After the cube exclusive with RE4, I wonder what happened for Nintendo to lose out on the sequel?

Probably their woeful distribution that meant anybody that it was impossible to get a copy on the high street unless you pre-ordered. This in turn led to bad sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It does look a bit like Chris Redfield alright.

I hope they do a better job on the storyline this time around... the story in Resident Evil 4 really wasn't up to much.

Hopefull Chris will be trying to finally track down Wesker.

Who needs a story when you have the most satisfying head explosions since the original Dawn of the Dead. If only it had the zombie monkeys from Resi 0 it would have been perfect.

The Resi games never had the greatest stories to begin with.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    If only it had the zombie monkeys from Resi 0 it would have been perfect.
    Well, that goes without saying.

I'd love it if it was more like Resident Evil 2... that's one of my favourites. I loved being able to play the story from the perspective of the two different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I hope it's similar in style to Resi 4. As much as I love the classics, Resi 4 was one of the best games I've played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The pics are apparently from a two minute trailer. Seems more than a little coincidental that this was announced on the eve of Sony's Playstation Meeting in Japan - seems like there's a good chance we'll get that trailer tomorrow, hopefully :)

Also, more detail:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/635/635113p1.html
    Images shared by the magazine were taken from a two minute high definition video clip in which the game's main character finds himself in the alleys of a desert city, being chased by a mysterious group of enemies. In describing the setting and content of the game, Takeuchi recalls a scene from the film Black Hawk Down, when a US chopper crashes to the ground and is swarmed by natives. The theme of getting out of a tight corner is a staple of the original Resident Evil, and is something that the development staff wants to work on with RE5.
    The enemy are meant to come after you in great numbers, conveying the sense of insanity of hoards of natives that Takeuchi took away from Black Hawk Down. We can apparently expect something along the lines of the primary enemy in Resident Evil 4, who spoke a language that you were unable to understand and were more advanced than the zombies that have appeared in previous RE games. Takeuchi and crew are actually working on ways to make the enemy even more expressive this time around.
    The images in the trailer clip are meant to convey a sense of high temperature. In fact, heat is a central theme to the game, with Takeuchi suggesting that when it's particularly hot, you'll want to cool down in a cave.

With regards to main character and background setting, Takeuchi states that we should be able to figure out the main character when we consider that members of the development team that created the original Resident Evil are working on this game. This would suggest that the main character pictured in the magazine is Chris (the bearded character in all the screenshots does resemble an older version of Chris).

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Resident Evil 4, who spoke a language that you were unable to understand
    They spoke Spanish :rolleyes:

Looks superb, thats Chris alright... could be what happened between Code Veronica and 4 (thats a 5 year gap)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I hope they finally tie up the main Wesker storyline. I'm also hoping they stick with the same gameplay style as RE4 meaning we wont have to wait too long for the game. After all it's not like there's anything that needs to be improved.

Actually screw all that. So long as Rebecca isn't a playable character I'll be happy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Its Still Coming Out On Revolution Ppl Its Just That Nintendo Havent Sent Out Dev Kits Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Source?

I thought Nintendo stated that game couldn't be ported to the Rev, but they would have to be designed to make use of the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I'd say we'll see a version of Resi on the Cube (bar the back catalogue :) )

Mmmmm....me is getting all excited about resi again.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

*Falls over*

Beautiful... looks a bit like Turkey or somewhere close

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

They're probably jsut pre rendered crapola. All of the console makers spout this pre rendered junk which in no way resembles the finished product. They'd have so much more respect if thet didnt just outright lie all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Just in case rapidshare goes down. I'm hosting the high quality file

Download movie zipped

Very impressive. Can't wait to play this game! The new consoles are impressing already!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

They're probably jsut pre rendered crapola. All of the console makers spout this pre rendered junk which in no way resembles the finished product. They'd have so much more respect if thet didnt just outright lie all the time.

Yes because every single company that has released next gen showcases is lying :rolleyes: Not all of it was pre-rendered btw if you botered to read any articles instead of spouting ****e.

Thx for the decent link Pra, downloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it looks class.. those zombies running full pelt put the sh!ts up me and its only a video.. gonna be even worse at 4am with surround sound on with all the lights out!

Have you played Resident Evil 4? These graphics really aren't that big a leap up from it.

If they could get Resident Evil 4 to look so good on a 4 year old console, I'm sure they'll be able to reach an exceptional standard on the new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Cool Stuff; Ta for the link!

Can't wait for this one, If they keep the incredibly high standard of gameplay from 4 and add a half decent story we're in for a treat!
    I'll be in Japan when this comes out too! yippee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Direct-Feed shots:

1122094937.jpg

1122094939.jpg

1122094938.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

has anyone got a link to the high quality one in media player format?

• Advertisement

If you want to watch them without the hastle of Quicktime, just download VLC. Its easy and small. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Advertisement