Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shallow pitch roof - Nordman tiles?

Options
  • 20-07-2005 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Lads,

Need a bot of advice. In the process of specing out a new extension (lean to roof, whole extension approx 3.5m x 6m) but the pitch on the lean to is approx 11 degrees, I think the building reg/recommendation for tiles is 22 degrees or thereabouts). A lean to roof is the best option but we need to find a way around not being able to use tiles. The engineer has come up with Nordman tiles (I've checked out their website both here and in the states and they do seem a reputable company/product). Just wondering if anyone (roofer Pete?) has used this solution or has any other options. I'm not a big fan of flat roofs, the architect has suggested a flat zinc roof which might be nice in a new build but out of character with a bog standard 4 bed semi). Any ideas/comments would be welcomed,

Cheers

Jack

Advertisement